“Great place!”

Cross street: OLD Elm Hill Pk and Donelson
El Dorado Hills, California
“Great place!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Traveling through Nashville and just happened to find this place. It was just one of the best meals I have had in a long time. A lot of the produce comes from their garden there on site. Everything was so fresh and tasted great! Would highly recommend the bacon pecan bbq wrapped shrimp. It was just amazing! We had our dog with us and they seated us at the outside gazebo. It's a great place to come with your dog. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Dining Experience!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

What a hidden gem! We had a wonderful time today on our first trip to Ellendale's!

The staff was super friendly and attentive from the moment we walked through the front door until the time we left the building. Our waiter was truly excellent - attentive without being smothering, and he was very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list.

We started off with the Margarita Flatbread. It came in four pieces, and each piece was large. Thankfully it truly was a flatbread, or else we would have filled up on that before dinner ever arrived!

For our main courses, we went with the Eggplant Parmesan and the Caprese Pasta. If you like pesto and basil, you will love the Caprese Pasta dish. It is truly outstanding. The eggplant dish was also very good, and both were served with a very crispy flat toast.

Then we splurged and had the Dessert Sampler. Whatever else you try at Ellendale's, save room for this experience. You want to try this sampler, trust me. For $10, we had one of the best desserts we've had in a long time.

I wish we'd tried this lovely restaurant sooner, but we'll definitely be going back again! We had a fantastic dining experience!

• Visited July 2014
Stillwater, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic brunch”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went as part of a group dinner and Sunday brunch, both times the sevice was fantastic and the food wonderful! It is definately worth the trip especially for the brunch.

Visited June 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't go there...”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We just left Ellendale's Restaurant, my husband had 3 different drinks from the bar all were lousy.
We ordered the mussels, half of them were served unopened, the bread was so stale you couldn't eat it, the server brought us out some more bread which was equally stale, he also gave us some pita bread and hummas, also stale bread.
We decided this was not the place to continue our dinner and went elsewhere.
Would never go there again.

• Visited June 2014
Long Island, NY
“Enjoyed 1st night so went back 2nd night of same visit.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Ellendales was recommended to me by hotel manager when I was on a short business trip to Nashville. First night, to start, I had the "small" vanilla beet and goat cheese salad, which was really good. I followed that with the starburst salmon, rice and veggies. Salmon was prepared perfectly! The best I've had outside of Alaska.
2nd night, after walking around "downtown" Nashville and not being impressed by any eating establishments there, I decided to go back to Ellendale's. This time I ordered the same salad but the "large", topped with salmon (I know, I know, but when I like something I tend to go for it again). I found no difference in size between small and large, price was different though. Actually got less beets and cheese on the "large" salad, so a little disappointed. Salmon was again prepared perfectly. Dining alone so I ate at the bar, hoping for some conversation. Each night was a different bar tender, neither of them very friendly, but did give me the minimal service required. One nice perk, if you tell them you were referred there by hotel they give you a complementary dessert. I had chocolate raspberry tart...not at all what I expected but very good and 2nd night had the carrot cake, also very good. Both nights there was live music, also a nice touch. I would go back if ever in the area again.

Visited June 2014