“Comforts away from Home”

Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #5 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here for an overnight visit to customers in the surronding area and had been traveling for 14 hours via air and car. Upon arrival the finishing touch constuction of pressure washing the cobblestone drive entrance way made me think I would be walking into a construction zone and unprepared new staffing. This was not the case whatsoever! Once I stepped inside the lobby was extremely clean and had a warm reception feel to it. Sarah at the front desk welcomed me and informed me of the managers reception lasting another 45 minutes with beer, wine, and light bites. She also quickly recognized I made a mistake in making my reservation for the night prior. What could have been a disastrous situation was handled quickly, professionally, and as painless as possible. The manager Cally was readily available to give Sarah the guidance and approvals she needed to solve my mistake and I was quickly issued a room key. Everything was seemless and was very welcomed after a long day of travel.

The rooms are immaculate and more then what I needed for a nights stay, but would be a welcome sight if I was staying for a few nights. The half kitchen was a fully stocked with glassware and dishes if needed and presented more comforts away from home anyone could expect.

I walked less then a mile to dine at J.Alexanders for a wonderful meal and was able to walk through the Parthanon replica park on the way back.

When my travels bring me back to Nashville, I will be staying at this location again without a doubt.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Mr. Joseph K.

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. I am very excited that we were able to turn your perspective around on our hotel. I too, would have probably assumed the worst with the pressure washers outside getting things together. I'm glad that Sarah was there to put your mind at ease and to grant you the kind of hospitality that we promote here at the Homewood. She is truly an asset to our team. I would say that I will share your kind words with her, but she reads the reviews just as much as I do. I'm sure that any day now, I will be hearing from her about this nice person on Trip Advisor that mentioned her name. She takes a great deal of pride in her work, because she truly does love "her guests". I hope that if you find yourself in Nashville again, that you will stop in and stay with us. We are eager to meet and exceed your expectations once again.

Timothy Horne,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here right after their opening. Had the great pleasure of being assistant by Mr. Gavin Hill. Wow!! What an amazing addition to any company. He immediately made me feel welcomed and appreciated us staying there. Was eager to do anything to make sure our stay was flawless. The hotel is beautiful and very nice, but Gavin made our trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Bob,

Thank you for writing this review. I want you to know that you are absolutely correct. Gavin is a huge asset to our hotel. I can honestly say that he lives to serve and make people smile. Even on those days when I am not doing well, he reminds me what we are goals are and keeps me focused. I am extremely grateful to you for giving him the kudos that he deserves. I hope that if you are ever in Nashville, you will come back and stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Timothy Horne,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and are were extremely pleased with the Homewood Suites, Nashville-Vanderbilt during our Thanksgiving stay visiting our daughter. The staff made sure our stay was a pleasant one. Really enjoyed the complimentary full breakfast each morning. It was an exciting week-end with the Vanderbilt parents and fans staying at the hotel also. Our room was wonderful and very quiet. The beds were just like home. Thanks to housekeeping for taking care of our every need. I appreciate the security using the card key to even use the elevators. The hotel is conveniently located close to downtown and love the fact that it is close to some great restaurants, Centennial Park and Vanderbilt University. Thanks to Tara for setting us up with a perfect room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this moment out to personally thank you for taking the time out to let us know what we are doing well at our property. We are always appreciative when we get feedback from our guests, because that gives us a great idea of how to proceed in the future. I am most proud to hear that my team met and exceeded your expectations. If you find yourself in Nashville again. Please come back and stay with us again. I would love to sit down and talk to you so that we can see how we are improving and what we need to continue working on.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Having to spend Thanksgiving away from home is not always an attractive idea. Such was the case for me and the family this year (2013). On Wed night before Thanksgiving we moved into this property and when I say the staff made us feel home, I TRULY mean it. Its great service started with our checking in and did not end until we checked out, from the front desk, to housekeeping to the dining area.

I normally call names but this experience was so complete I am afraid I would miss someone. So this time I will refrain but the staff went above and beyond. So believe me when I say they are 5-star staff on a 4-Star scale.

B M

You have awakened my smile with your review. Anyone who knows me knows, that service is my number one pet peeve. I am so pleased to hear that your stay and holiday was filled with great service and great people. I know that I love my team. It is nice to hear that you love them as much as I do. That truly excites me. If you find yourself in the Nashville area again, please come back and stay with us. We look forward to providing you great service.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Very nice hotel on Broadway just opened with shuttle service to downtown! Great free breakfast and free internet. Spacious rooms for up to 6 guests at a very reasonable price. Ideal for families. Highly recommended.

L. Marco,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on our hotel. From your review everything seems as if it went well. I am glad that your family had a good experience here, and we hope that you will come back and stay with us again. We would love to show you an even better time than last time.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very well located. Perfect location if you want to be near Vanderbilt University . Breakfast was so-so - if you eat healthier stuff - not too many choices. Parking is extra - other hotels in the neighborhood offer free parking. Nice indoor pool. One should definitely consider it . This is just my personal opinion.

Felix,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us concerning our hotel. We are certainly glad that you enjoyed your stay here and that you are willing to suggest to others that they should give us a shot. I have shared your thoughts with my kitchen supervisor so that we can see about making a more health conscious menu. He is more than happy to work on that for you. If you are ever in the Nashville area agian, please come stay with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 November 2013

There is nothing that could be improved except for the parking. Valet parking is available, but there is a handicapped parking space in front of the building. Even if one parks a handicapped vehicle, the charge for parking still applies. This is definitely the nicest Homewood Suites that we have ever stayed in. It was a beautiful building and conveniently located to Vanderbilt and downtown Nashville.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us concerning our hotel. We are always striving to be the best staff we can be. We are extremely proud that we were able to show you a good time while you were here. We hope that we will have that opportunity again if you are ever back here in Nashville. If there is anything that I can do, please do not hesitate to give me a call. My number is listed below for you.

Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt