“Loved it”

Ranked #4 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Kingsville, Canada
“Loved it”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I enjoyed everything about this hotel, I loved the fact it was fairly new so everything worked great and looked great. The beds and pull out were comfortable, the kitchen came in handy, the bathroom could be a bit bigger but not the end of the world. The staff was fantastic and extremely friendly and helpful. I loved it so much that thanks to the worst hangover of my life (Nashville kicked my butt) I stayed an extra day because was too ill to fly. Would and will stay there next time in Nashville.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Mr. Yanick,

I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It also sounds like you had a great time with downtown Nashville as well! I can honestly say that I have had that experience too. It is fun to start, but that next morning can get a little rough. I am just happy that you were able to take some extra time and sleep it off. If you ever need a place in Nashville to do it all again, please don't hesitate to give us a call. We would love to be your home away from home.

Tmothy Horne
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I wanted to like this hotel, especially after reading all of the positive reviews, but there were just too many problems overriding the good points. The first issue was with parking. If you have a manual transmission, think twice about using valet parking. When I left my six-speed car with the valet, I watched / listened as he had trouble with it, grinding my vehicle into first gear, barely able to pull off. After that I decided to self park, using my key at the garage gate. When I received the parking bill, I was charged for valet parking for each night. After explaining the situation about the bill to the desk clerk, she reprimanded me -- making me feel as if I had committed some grievous fault -- for not informing the desk about changing my parking plans. I spent my entire six days in Nashville at Vanderbilt Medical Center with my father. The last thing on my mind was parking.

The second issue was housekeeping. This is a big one. My room wasn't cleaned at all on Sunday, and when I tried to tell the front desk, I was in line for over ten minutes. This was at 9:00pm. Housekeeping came and brought us towels, but I was told it wasn't cleaned because our privacy sign must have been on the door. Again, I was at the hospital all day every day; there had been no sign. In fact, my sheets weren't changed the entire time I was there (Thursday through Tuesday). Another day, because of bad weather, much of their staff couldn't make it in, so our room wasn't cleaned then either. That I can forgive. But the other day I didn't understand.

The breakfast food was good, but again, the problem goes back to the staff. During my first morning, the breakfast area was really busy and quite messy, with sticky floors and spilled food. I noticed they were out of utensils and told the man working the area, just to inform him (I already had my fork and spoon). His response was snippy and rude. I understand that he was busy, but I was only trying to be helpful.

Upon checkout, I mentioned a couple of my concerns, but the young woman behind the desk (the same one who had reprimanded me for not informing them of the change in my parking plans, though I truly didn't know it was a rule) brushed off my issues. More than anything else, her attitude caused me to take this hotel off my list in Nashville. These are serious issues -- a valet not knowing how to drive a fairly expensive manual-speed transmission, a room that is neglected -- and I would expect the hotel staff to care about a guest's comfort. Her reply to me was "well, it got taken care of, didn't it?"

Yes, this is a great location, and the one night I was able to be back in time for the dinner / manager's reception was nice. The room was comfortable (those sheets!), and the neutrogena products are good. But I feel that I would be treated with more empathy, more courtesy somewhere else. After six emotional days in a hospital with a loved one, all I really wanted to do was go back to a place of comfort where I would be treated in a friendly way and not have to worry about anything. This was not the place. Very disappointing.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank elizarenn
Jeff C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear elizarenn, I would like to apologies for the staff and our lack of empathy shown during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to be the best we can be. Our team works very hard on making sure each stay is perfect, I know we failed to exceed your expectations this last visit. With your feedback we have been working one on one with our entire team to make sure we express true hospitality to everyone. I look forward to speaking with you and thanking you once again for your feedback. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you Jeff Charo
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My experience at this hotel was wonderful! Rooms were beautiful, well equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable! Staff was excellent and efficient. Parking was easily accessed and security was good.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and rooms have large windows.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hello Mr. Potts,
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for such a great review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our bedding and staff. I agree completely about the beds. I actually had the opportunity to try out a bed at our hotel, and it was by far one of the most comfortable beds I've ever stayed in. The sheets did it for me. My team is also thrilled that you enjoyed the service. After all, great service is what we strive for. If you are ever in Nashville again, please come back and stay with us again. We would love to have you.

Yours in Service,

Timothy Horne,
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have never been to Nashville before and was taking my son to visit Vanderbilt. I chose this based on location and reviews and it was awesome! First of all, it is within easy walking distance to campus. They also offer a shuttle to take you where you need to go, but after the first time, we knew our way around and just walked. The hotel is very new and the rooms are wonderful - big, modern, clean and the most comfortable hotel sheets I have ever had. Buffet breakfast included hot and cold items and was great to eat quickly (for us) or to lounge around. The staff were incredibly friendly. Both morning and evening staff chatted with us and remembered us when we returned. After our flight home was cancelled, we had to return for a second night. They were kind enough to upgrade our room when what we had the prior night was unavailable. We didn't see any of the other facilities like pool, exercise, etc. because we were busy on campus all day. Highly recommend! We will definitely stay here again if we go back to Nashville.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello C B.,

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience here at our hotel. I hope that you had an equally great experience at Vanderbilt. After all, it is an awesome college, with great resources and a wonderful staff. I wish you all the best with those endeavors. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to connect with our staff while you were here. Since you have stayed with us, you are now a part of our family, and we truly look forward to reuniting with you on a future trip to Nashville (maybe for orientation). Whatever the case, we definitely hope that you will come back and stay with us again. Thank you again for your kind words.

Hollister, Missouri, Usa
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Will definitely stay here again. Best staff, overall, I've ever experienced. Parking costs add to the rate but that's true of any hotel in this area. Great value as breakfast and dinner are included in the rate Monday-Thursday.

• Stayed March 2014
Hello JDW Jr.,

I am so happy to hear that you took such a liking to our hotel. I am even more excited that you plan to come stay with us again. Our team takes great pride in interacting with our guests and building relationships. It appears that you were able to experience that, and I am truly excited about that. Because you said that you will stay with us again, I look forward to seeing you when you return. Please stop by and ask for me. I would love to meet you in person when you return.

Happy to Serve,
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Homewood Suites for our anniversary and our overall stay was pretty good. It was in a great location-next to Vanderbilt and downtown Nashville was within the shuttle range of 2 miles. Everyone from the valets, to the housekeepers, the breakfast and dinner employees, all the way to the Asst. GM Tim. My only complaint is Katie from the front desk. She seems very fake and juvenile. She's not a manager, but her attitude makes her seem
as though she is important. She kept putting me on hold while I was trying to check in to talk to a guest on the phone, and I was standing right in front of her. I would highly recommend that you deal with another front desk agent if you have to deal with the front desk. The only reason I'm writing a review is because Katie asked if I would write one when I checked out. Other than that, it was a great stay!

• Stayed February 2014
Hello Tennessee Trave,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Nashville. I am happy to hear that you had an overall good experience with us. I am a little troubled by your experince with Katie at the front desk. I will be taking some time out with her and the rest of the team to talk about our approach and the way that we come off to other people. Jeff Charo, the general manager of our property, was just talking about this the other day. I can assure you that he and I have the same mentality when it comes down to taking care of our guests. We share the common belief that if we cannot provide an exceptional experience, and do it with a smile, then we are in the wrong industry. That is the attitude that all of our team members shouold share. I hope that you will come back and see us when you are in the Nashville area again. We definitely look forward to showing you an even greater experience than your last.

Seattle, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is the first time I stay at Homewood suites in Nashville. It was recommended by a friend of mine because it was newly built and the price was much better than other hotels near by. I am happy I pick this hotel. The location is next to Centennial park where I can go to exercise outdoor. This hotel has a fitness center right on 3rd floor as well. I highly recommend this hotel if you visit Nashville on your next trip

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

2 Thank Minh T
Hello Minh T.,

I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here. You are absolutely correct. Being so close to Centennial Park is a wonderful benefit. Not only can you get a good work out there, but you also get to take in the beautiful Parthenon while you are there. That is my absolute favorite park in Nashville. I hope that you will come and stay with us again if you ever return to Nashville. We would love to see you and perhaps give you some other sites to take in while you are here. Thank you again for your wonderful review of our property.