“Excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Brisbane
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at the Homewood Suites Vanderbilt for business and was amazed that despite arriving very early in the morning my room was ready. I definitely would recommend to anyone visiting Nashville. The best part of the hotel is amazing service. People are very friendly and are really helpful. The downside is the location if you need to be in downtown a lot, but great for visits to Vanderbilt. They offer a free shuttle but I did not find it very helpful. Walk to downtown takes about 40 minutes at slow pace.

Mornings start with free breakfast, offering cereals, yogurt, waffles, eggs, pastries, fruits, juices, coffee and a selection of teas. There is also a free dinner on weeknights, I have not tried it though. The rooms come also with a kitchen, so you can eat in your room as well.

If you want to stay active, there is a gym and a pool. The gym is small, but there is some floor space for stretching and floor exercises. One thing that would be helpful is more mats or a soft floor in the room so you can truly use the floor to exercise.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Agnes L
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Ms. Agnes L.,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us such awesome feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We love to hear what our guests have to say. Afterall, without our guests we would not be here. I am very excited to hear that you had such a great experience. When you find yourself in Nashville again, please come back and stay with us. We are eager to further exceed your expectations.

Timothy Horne,
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed 3 nights and the service was impeccable. Every staff member that we came in contact with was kind and helpful. Even though this hotel is not in the center of downtown, the shuttle is free and will drop you anywhere you need to go. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. We were without the kids this trip, but even with them we would have had plenty of room and would have used the in-room kitchen with full fridge, stove top, sink and dishwasher more. I was pleasantly surprised with the free breakfast and dinner (which included beer and wine). I will be looking for these hotels everywhere I travel from now on. They seem a little pricey at first glance, but if you use all of the included amenities (shuttle, breakfast, dinner and in room kitchen) I believe it's well worth the price and saves valuable vacation dollars, especially if you're traveling with kids!

• Stayed April 2014
Ms. Cristy K.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We are so glad that you had an awesome experience with us. It is our goal to provide an experience that our guests are happy to talk about. I am glad that was the case for you. You are absolutely correct with what you said. The amenities that the property offers makes it worth it. From the breakfast, the dinner, and the complimentary shuttle. we are always looking to find ways to wow our guests. If you are ever in Nashville again, please come back and stay with us again. We look forward to taking care of you.

Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This new hotel, located right across the street (West End) from the main Vanderbilt campus, joins several good hotel choices for visiting the university or the medical center. Since the hotel is new (opened in 2013), it is in excellent shape both in the rooms and in the expansive lobby and meal area. We stayed in a one bedroom King Suite on the 5th floor on the back side of the hotel (facing toward Elliston). Despite the fact that the hotel was fully booked over the weekend with a lot of young people (which is regularly the case, of course, in all the hotels in this area), the room was very quiet and we were not disturbed by sirens (lots of hospitals in the area) or noise in the halls. Which is not to say that the halls weren't noisy -- they were -- but we did not hear anything in the bedroom with the door closed. I found this hotel to be similar in quality to the Marriott, which is also very well located for visiting Vanderbilt, but this one has the advantage of offering suites (although there are also studios -- so not all of the options include two separate rooms). Also this hotel has a morning breakfast (free) that is similar in its offerings to other business class hotels but of higher quality than most. It also offers a dinner, including beer and wine, Mon - Thurs nights. Another very good option in the immediate area is the Hampton on Elliston, which also offers suites and breakfast. It is directly behind the Homewood Suites so it is separated from Vanderbilt by one block. We've stayed there many times and think it is also an excellent choice in the area. When my husband and I are both visiting Nashville, we usually stay at the Hampton on Elliston. When I am here by myself -- and especially when I have expected to be walking back to the room alone at night -- I have stayed at the Marriott because the walk at night feels a bit safer to me. The Homewood Suites now falls into that category since it is right across the street. And honestly, the addition of the Homewood Suites has also cleaned up the area, so I would probably feel better about walking by myself to the Hampton (note that this is the Hampton on Elliston -- there is another nearby Hampton, which is also a good choice, but it is located a couple of blocks from one corner of campus, so it is a bit farther from the heart of campus). Visitor parking at Vanderbilt isn't widely available, so it is nice to be within walking distance. If you are a first time visitor, note that Vanderbilt is a pretty big campus and, in particular, the Peabody campus (the Freshman Commons) is a good hike from all area hotels. If you are visiting the Admissions office or anything on main campus, the Homewood Suites, the Marriott and the Hampton Elliston are all very well located for easy walking. If you are visiting a freshman, these are also the closest hotels, but you'll have about a 20-30 minute walk to The Commons. (Parking is limited, but you can definitely pick your student up at The Commons and unless you are visiting at a very busy time, you can probably find a visitor parking space -- eventually). Now, back to the Homewood Suites. Clean room with full kitchen (two burner stove, micro, refrig, dishwhasher -- no oven). Separated vanity area outside of toilet/tub area. Well designed and comfortable. Free breakfast daily and dinner Mon-Thurs. Friendly and prompt front desk service. On the negative side, when the hotel was full over the weekend, the breakfast area was congested and they were having a little trouble keeping the food fully stocked, although there were certainly a number of folks working hard to keep up. Like every hotel that I've stayed in near Vanderbilt, when the hotel is full of college or high school students (lots of athletic competitions in the area), it can be loud. Apparently, few people teach their kids to be quiet in hotel hallways. Nothing the hotel can do about it -- it is the nature of being located at a college. However, as noted, we did not hear any noise in our bedroom, which was wonderful. You have to pay for either valet or self-parking here (as is the case at the Marriott -- parking is free at the Hampton). I self parked for easy access and it is very easy, although the garage could use more signage. It isn't large, so you will figure it out, but it is hard to tell where the elevators are and very hard to figure out where the exit is when you are driving. There's only one floor of parking for self-park, though, so you won't waste more than a couple of minutes figuring it out. The negatives were small ones and the location is excellent (if you have a student living in Towers, this is literally across the street), so it definitely ranks as one of my favorites for visiting Vanderbilt.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Hello Arkansas Orchard,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning our hotel. I would like you to know, that your review has been accepted and digested very well. I could tell from reading your review that you are very familiar with the area, so I know that we can absorb a lot of great information from you. After reading your review, I would like you to know that we have purchased more signage for our garage so that our guests can have an easier time finding their way in and out of our garage. We have also purchased signage that shows exactly how to get to the elevators in the garage. I think that it would be an awesome benefit if you could give us a call. I would love to hear more of your ideas on how we can improve. Please feel free to call me any time. My phone number is listed below. If you are in the Nashville area again, please come stay with us. I would love to meet you in person.

Yours In Service,

(615) 340-8000 ext. 560
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at Homewood Suites Vanderbilt for the first time a couple of months ago for business. I recommend it to all my coworkers. The free shuttle to the city center is a great asset. There is also free internet, breakfast each morning, and dinner on week nights. The rooms are spacious and come with a full kitchen. It has now become my favorite place to stay when traveling for work or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello Dttibbs,

I would like to thank you for your awesome review of our property. I am so excited that you loved our hotel so much that you went out and told others about us. That must mean that we did a pretty good job. I want you to know that we are still working on different ideas to do even greater things in the future. Come back and stay with us again. Ask for me when you get to the hotel. I would love to meet you and see if you have any ideas of other things you would like to see here at our hotel. After all, we are striving to become your home away from home.

Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is only been open for 5 months. Beautiful, friendly & helpful. Staff recommendations for things to do & restaurants. FREE BREAKFAST & DINNER W/ BEER &WINE!!!
CLE JONES served a dessert to us and decorated the plate with chocolate sauce, just that something extra that would make us definitely come back. One breakfast Ron offered our children coloring books & playing cards. Wade, Kevin & other drivers ( yes free shuttle into town till 11pm) were courteous & fun. Fabulous hotel !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Families pool is on 3rd floor.
1 Thank Gaynork752
Hello Gaynork752,

I am so excited to hear that you had such an awesome experience here at our hotel. It sounds like everyone did a great job of caring for you. I always tell people that they have to come see what Cle is cooking. He has done a tremendous job, bringing different surprises to our guests during our evening reception. Our drivers are awesome, and I will definitely be passing your kind words on to them. I know it will make their day. If you are ever in Nashville again, please come see us. We would like to become your number one choice in Nashville and your Official Home Away From Home!!!!!!!

Stockton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay even though it was not perfect. I appreciated how pleasant and helpful the staff were. I thought I got great value for the price - a complimentary breakfast and evening meal, a full kitchen in my suite as well as a local shuttle service. I'd definitely stay at this location again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Lisa,

I would like you to know that you have truly made my day. I loved reading your review. My favorite part was the title. Why? Customer service is my number one priority. Here at the Homewood, we want to take care of our guests in a way that they know that we truly do care about making sure that you are comfortable and happy. I would love it if you would come back and stay with us so that we can show you an even better time on your next trip. We are striving for perfection, and we won't stop until we reach it.

Gonzales, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Nice place to stay. Close to many attractions. Clean but don't expect them to clean everyday if you stay longer then over night. Breakfast is better then most places and dinners are great. Indoor pool perfect. Little pricey. The hotel staff AWESOME!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Ms. Delores M.,

I would like to thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to hear that you had an overall great experience and that the staff was awesome. I am a little concerned with the lack on consistency in properly caring for your room every day. Please give me a call so I can hear more about where we fell short in cleanliness. Your feedback on this issue is very important to me. That kind of feedback is exactly what I need to hear, so that we can fix the problem and be ready to give you an even better experience next time. Please feel free to give me a call on the number listed below.

Yours In Service,