“Clean with an Excellent staff!”

Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago
“Clean with an Excellent staff!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is Very Clean and Spacious! We came for a visit from Chicago, IL and were greeted by Jessica Mongrain as we walked through the front doors. She was smiling and ready to help in any way she could. She took her time to show us the different sites to see during our stay. Jessica supplied us with many brochures and explained the choices with excitement in her voice. Maps were given and explained where everything was in relation to where we were. The front desk appeared to be coordinated very well. As more people arrived, we were not pushed aside, but rather more help came from the back, almost like magic. Jessica answered all our questions and even gave her personal insight which was most appreciated. It made a big impact to our stay because if something went wrong, it all started on such a positive note, that it would not have been recognized. I also wanted to point out that I called while still driving on the road and Katie helped us book the reservation. Even though again it sounded busy, she would just put me on hold and continue without rushing me through and made me feel that my call was important. When I mentioned some discount travel websites, she even said that booking direct with her would be best. The shuttle drivers which we used often took their time to also explain some of the best areas to visit or if we were going to a specific destination, they would give us some details ahead of time which always helped. They have an excellent staff and a very clean, organized establishment.

Room Tip: 4th Floor Suite with Private Balcony-worth the extra $$
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bkajChicago
Timothy H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Well hey there!!!

Thank you so much for reviewing us!! I am so happy that myself and Katie were able to make your 1st stay in Nashville wonderful! It is so great to hear that you all really enjoyed everything about our hotel, and everything that you were able to see in Nashville! This is such a great city to tour, and having some insight from the locals can really have a great impact on your stay. I hope that you guys decide to visit Nashville again and remember us when you need a place to stay!

Guest Service Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel was a great find. The rooms are well kept, the staff was friendly, and the location is great. You can walk to various restaurants/stores, and downtown is about 2 miles away. The element that really knocks this hotel up to a "5" star rating is the wonderful young men running the shuttle. The shuttle will take you anywhere you want to go within a 2 mile radius, and it will also pick you up as long as you are done before 11:00 pm. All four shuttle drivers were friendly and informative. The shuttle even ran later on July 4th, and the young man driving it battled his way through mass crowds of people in order to find the guests from the Homewood. This hotel may be more expensive than hotels on the outskirts of downtown, but when you take into account that you'd have to park in order to go downtown each time and the fact that it's hassle free, it makes this worth it. They also had a nice pool and fitness center.

In terms of potential problems people may have with the hotel, the parking is a bit steep at $23/night. Also, the breakfast staff could hardly keep up with the amount of people... and not for lack of trying! The attendants were running around like crazy, but they were out of food items three out of the four days we were there, and we had to wait for clean silverware before eating. That being said, if you can deal with these 2 things, this is the hotel you should stay at!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lindsay D
Hello Lindsay57,

Thank you so much for your wonderful response!! I am so happy to hear that our location was so great for you! It really helps being located 2 miles outside of downtown that we have a shuttle! The shuttle drivers that we have are wonderful too, we greatly appreciate their hard work and dedication! As our parking is steep, we do have the wonderful accomodation of the shuttle which helps if your seeing attractions in the heart of Nashville. Our breakfast staff was super slammed during 4th of July weekend, due to our popular complimentary breakfast! I hope you were able to get some food comfortably while here. Please stay with us on your next trip to Nashville, hopefully it will be less busy next time!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to take a spontaneous trip to Nashville from Louisville. I spoke to valet and was told the front desk eould give me my keys. When I went up to the front desk after getting ready, plus the two of us pumped up to have our out of town date night, I was told that valet had left for the night and I cant have my CAR.... I explained I never agreed for the hilton to keep my car from me.. The front desk lady after 15 minutes tried to contact her on call manager and nothing, this was only after the fact that I was going to calk Nashville police and have them get my keys for me. Finally after an hour we were able to get keys. Apoarently I was on there time and didnt even realize it. I feel sorry for all the guest that came down during this situation. Because they were treated like crap. Man asked for bath towels and she had to correct him on which or what the names were of each towel telling him he needs know what hes asking for... So in return I didnt have to pay the extra three bucks for vaket. Thanks Homeland Hilton.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicole C
Jeff C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Nicole C

I am sorry to read about your most recent stay at our hotel. Our team works very hard to make sure each stay is perfect. We do offer both Valet and Self-parking as options while you visit Nashville. Your feedback does give us an opportunity for more training, as we want your stay to be flawless. Parking should be the last thing on your mind while staying at our hotel. Please contact me directly the next time you are in town, I know our team can do better. Jeff Charo 615-340-8000 or Jcharo@vistahost.net.
Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I wanted to make a brief trip to Nashville to celebrate the 4th of July and our anniversary. Katie Patterson helped work out all the extra details including putting us in a room with a great view and giving us information and coupons for area attractions. The suite was clean, spacious, and complete. My husband especially loved the bed. Breakfast was above average. The shuttle downtown was convenient and helped avoid the hassle of parking on July 4th. Great experience overall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gakidsmom
Hello gakidsmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review us!! It is so great to hear that you stayed with us on your anniversary! I am also glad to hear that Katie was more than helpful to the both of you on finding the perfect room and giving y'all ideas on what to do around town. I hope for your next anniversary you will keep us in mind and come back!!

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My family travelled to Nashville the 4th of July week for my son's baseball tournament. We chose this hotel because it could accommodate my family of five in one room and was close to the Hotel where the remainder of the team was staying. We were blown away at how nice this hotel is. Our suite had a separate room with two queen beds. In the main living area there was a kitchenette and a pull out sofa bed. The appearance of the hotel is very, very nice and well kept. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The indoor pool is the largest of its type that I've seen out of any of the hotel chains. The complimentary breakfast is expansive. The staff working there were were constantly hustling to make sure that none of the food ran out and that everyone had what they needed. More than one person asked me if I needed anything. The hotel also has complimentary dinner during the week, but we were on the go so much that we did not get to partake of that. The beds were very comfortable as well with the pillows. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the downtown area. We used this service numerous times and it saved us parking fees and/or cab fare. There's nothing bad that I can say about this hotel. I will seek out Homewood Suites in the future whenever we travel. I have to say, I wish I had known about this gem of a hotel chain previously. If you found this review helpful, please give it a positive vote.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank sqdurham
Hello sqdurham!

Wow!! Thank you so much for taking time to give us such a wonderful response! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the room so much, and that it was able to fit your family comfortably. it is also wonderful that you took time to notice the appearance of our hotel, we take great pride in the look of our hotel, from keeping it clean to having fresh flowers in the lobby each day. You were right about our pool! It is the largest pool of the entire Homewood Suites brand!! I hope that for the mornings you were here you were able to eat without having to wait for food. Our breakfast is very popular and keeps the kitchen staff very very busy. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much here that you will further look for Homewood Suites brand when you travel! That is truly our goal here, to make every guest enjoy our hotel and brand so that they continue to stay with us. We hope you take another trip to Nashville and stay with us again!!!

Denver, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

can't think of the GM in training..she was adorable and made me feel comfortable. Sometimes with hotel staff you have no personalities at all. the whole staff at front desk when I checked in were VERY NICE and fun!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Timothy H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to give us an excellent review! I am so glad that you liked our staff so much and they made you feel so comfortable! We all do our best to make everyone happy here and it is so good to hear that we had another success! I hope that you remember us on your next trip to Nashville!

Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was there visiting with a friend that is having treatment at the VAMC and it was great to see how helpful and concerned the staff are with the guest that are there long term because of these specialized treatments. They called my friend by name, came and introduced themselves, asked about other guest they may not have seen and offering to be of service at all times. The shuttle guys knew when to come back to the hospital for pick ups, the housekeepers regularly check to see if we needed anything and the Breakfast buffet is exceptional. With the large amount of Veterans and families there from VAMC & Vanderbilt Hospital, I could not ask for a better place for my BFF to be knowing the staff are considered not just about their occupational responsibilities but there health and recovery.
PS: That weekend was a full house (almost 200 rooms) there was two bus loads of teen swimmers (well behaved) then their guardians and chaperons and the staff still had great attitudes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Timothy H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hello educatedsailor!

Thank you for taking the time to give us a lovely review! Service is one of our highest priorities at the Homewood Suites. We pride ourselves on making sure that every one of our guests is 100% satisfied. I am so happy to hear that the shuttle and housekeeping were also of great service to you and your friend. The VA is also very special to us, so we try to do our best to accomodate any shuttle service to and from the hospital as we can. I hope that your friend is much better, and we hope y'all can come visit us for vacation next time!