“Lost Jewelery”

Ranked #4 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Forestburgh, New York
“Lost Jewelery”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I recently stayed at the this hotel. We were in town for a bachelorrette party. I inadvertenly left a small Jewelery box with my diamond earrings in the room. I realized it was missing, 2 days after I returned back home in New York. I called the hotel and Jeff was fantastic. He couldn't locate the jewelery at first but called back the next day with the good news. It seemed that the cleaning staff member who had cleaned our room was off duty the day I called. When he checked with her the next day, she informed him she had stored the jewel box in housekeeping. He called me to relieve my mind and then prompyly mailed out my jewelry and emailed me a tracking number for the package.
I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff was friendly and the fact that with all the people they have to attend to in a day, Jeff was kind enough to follow through on all options of finding the missing item. Even if it took a couple days!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosemary B
Timothy H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Hello Rosemary B!

Thank you for taking the time to review us!! I am so glad to hear that Jeff was able to find your Jewelry box and earrings. It can be frustrating to have such a great weekend then come home to find that you left something behind. Luckily we did find them and returned them safe and sound to you! I hope that on your next trip to Nashville you remember our dedication and commitment we have to our guests and choose to stay with us again!!

Guest Service Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting my daughter who is in Nashville for the summer. We picked Homewood Suites-Vanderbilt because of its location between where she is living and her place of business on Music Row. We checked in on July 18 and chose Valet parking for our rental car. The room was nice and seemed clean.

The next morning I go take a shower and something catches my eye on top of the shower door. I take a look and it's an open condom package. That totally grossed me out and I was ready to barf. I wrap it up in tissue and take it down to the front desk. They apologize for this and say the maid must have missed it. Really????? No offer of moving to a different room or sending someone to clean the shower walls and doors again. I'm told to look for a discount on the final bill. I ask that they kindly talk to their staff about being more dilligent with their cleaning.

The next day, a manager calls and asks if comping the valet parking is enough for our inconvenience. We say that's fine and tell him again to please speak to his staff about the cleanliness.

We check out on July 22 and receive the bill. Valet parking was not comped. I go downstairs and ask the person at the front desk to read the notes on my account and kindly adjust the bill. She lets out a giggle and says she sees it and says she will adjust the bill. I didn't think finding a disgusting condom package in the shower was funny, but she must have a different sense of humor. She adjusts the bill and asks if I'd like to make a future reservation. I respond with "no thanks" and leave.

I like the layout of the room and the location, but their cleanliness left a lot to be desired. Considering how expensive this place is, you would think they would thoroughly clean the room when someone checks out. Next time, I will stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jeff C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member

I am so sorry to read about your most recent stay. I agree with you not the best way to start your week here at our hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. With it we will continue our ongoing training to be the best hotel in Nashville. Please contact me directly so we can talk further, as I want to make this right. Jeff Charo General Manager 615-340-8000, thank you once again for the opportunity.
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I was absolutely blown away by my experience at Homewood Suites starting with the friendly helpful valet staff. It appeared the manager was highly visible. The front desk agent Katie was service orientated energetic. Love love loved free the breakfast & dinner and beer & wine...wow! The hotel was very clean, and loved the theme, you could tell you were in Nashville. And finally the rooms are the best EVER. Full fridge, dish ware, living area, it's really truly a Suite! Thank you for my first Homewood Suites experience and definitely not my last!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Timothy H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hello Ashley P.!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your wonderful review! We really appreciate your nice comments about our staff and hotel!! I am so happy you had a great experience here and enjoyed our breakfasts, dinner, and rooms so much! I hope that you do visit Nashville again and remember to stay with us!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had an excellent experience during our 3 night stay! The room was spacious, clean & quiet! Loved the full kitchen as well as the complimentary breakfast & dinners. Very convenient location! Would highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014
Timothy H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hello there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and amenities so much! Our breakfast and dinners do make it convenient for our guest traveling on business and vacation! I'm happy that you liked them so much. I hope that on your next trip to Nashville you remember us and stay here again!

Portsmouth, RI
Reviewed 19 July 2014

When we decided to stay overnight in Nashville on the Sunday of a holiday weekend I went back and forth between this Homewood Suites downtown and a Hampton Inn near Opryland. The two were basically the same price including the parking fee. I choose the Homewood because it was so close to Centennial Park, and it was in the city. The Homewood has a nice attached parking garage, the lobby was attractive, the rooms were big (2 queen bed in separate room from kitchenette and sitting area), and it was clean, overall were we happy. It was a good value for the money.
The only but….Breakfast was a disaster, they were out of a lot of basics and the staff seem to be running around in circles. When we were checking-out the manager Tim H. asked, “How was everything?” I went through the list of problems with breakfast, Tim apologized repeatedly and explained that the hotel was booked to capacity over the holiday weekend with a lot of families, that they had not gotten a food delivery because of the holiday and that they had not anticipated needing extra staff over the weekend. Tim thanked us for sharing our observation. He very generously offered to buy us breakfast elsewhere. Tim’s customer service went above and beyond! We would absolutely stay here again. Tim took what could easily have been just another hotel stay and made into something great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hello nowzer!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review!! I am very pleased to hear that you liked your stay so much and that our location worked out so nicely for you. However, I am sorry to hear that breakfast was less than satisfactory for you and your party.. I do remember that day and it was extremely busy around the hotel for everyone but that is no excuse. Tim was lucky to run into you all before you left us to try to make your breakfast a little better! I do hope that you did not leave us hungry. Please stay with us again so that we can make up breakfast again to you!

Huntsville, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great hotel in Nashville, conveniently located near Vanderbilt. Suites with kitchens, living room, and separate bedroom. Pets are welcome at no extra charge, although they should be in a crate or carrier when left alone in the room--that's not on the website. Good service, comfortable rooms, free shuttle w/in a 2 mile radius. You can park your own car or have the valets do it. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Timothy H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hello Andree R!

Well thank you for such a nice review! I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! I hope your stay was also comfortable with your pet. We do truly appreciate your five stars awarded to us and can't wait to see you back with us!

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

From the time you check in and view the lovely, welcoming lobby till the time you leave, you'll find this hotel to be a real oasis in the touristy city of Nashville. The suite we had was extremely spacious - kitchenette with full size fridge, plates, microwave, stovetop, table and chairs; living room with couch, comfy seat and TV; bedroom with two queen size beds (which were very comfortable and had great pillows!) , TV, and desk; and bathroom with separate sink/vanity area. Large closetand dresser to keep things put away if you like. The rooms had several floor to ceiling windows and were decorated in soothing earth tones. A full breakfast is included, as well as full dinner with wine and beer Monday through Thursdays. Be aware - although the included meals make this a bargain, parking costs $23 or $27 a day depending on whether you use valet service. This hotel was opened in October and has many new and up-to-date features. There is also an indoor pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Jillles!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. One of the best parts about our rooms are that they are very spacious and do all contain kitchens! Which makes it very convenient for our travelers. Our parking is $23 for self and $27 for valet which is a little steep however, we do have the complimentary shuttle that can take you pretty much where you need to go in town. I hope that on your next trip to Nashville you do remember us and choose to stay here again!