“Classis american-mexican”

Ranked #500 of 2,235 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Very reasonably priced mexican food. Not too spicey. Typical american mexican cuisine with prompt service. Chips are great. Not really authentic mexican, but most of us don't want that anyway....

Reviewed 17 December 2011

I frequent this El Chico's location as the staff are Awesome, great food, with wonderful entertainment. If you go try and visit on Friday night at 7 to hear the voice of my friend Shelly Rann as she serenades you with her powerful voice!

Reviewed 23 October 2011

We were in Nashville recently and wanted to eat Mexican, so I checked Trip Advisor. My husband had heard of El Chico, so decided to try it, even though it is not in a good part of town. Our waitress was very friendly; the restroom was clean and actually smelled fresh; and the food was good. I love IBC Rootbeer, and it was served in a frosted mug. We also had the guacomole made right at the table. It was great! Our food was served piping hot, and we did not have to wait forever. However, our waitress had mentioned dessert, but did not check back as promptly as I would have liked. I did eventually order the brownie skillet with butter rum sauce. It also was served on a hot skillet onto which our waitress poured the rum sauce. Wow!! It was worth the wait!! I will definitely order that if I am in the area again.