“Excellent Pizza”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Nashville
Thousand Oaks, California
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

One of the best pizza places you will find outside New York. Manny's Pizza recipe is one for the books. I've been coming to Nashville for the last 8 years, and every time I get here, it's one of the first stops for lunch.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank utahrigger

“Great stop for lunch”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I love this place! Been going here for years and have never been disappointed in the food. For some unknown reason, I rarely get the pizza, but when I’ve had it it was delicious. My favorite is the ham and cheese calzone, but you can’t go wrong with any of the rolls either. The chicken parm roll is awesome as is the spinach roll. If you are in the Arcade, do yourself a favor and stop here.

• Visited October 2013
“Good Stuff!”
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Great place to grab a quick slice of pizza, stromboli or lasagna if you're downtown and near the arcade. I suggest you get your food and it in the arcade as their dining room is kinda creepy. The food is pretty darn good and the service is pretty fast. I give em 3 out of 5 forks. Check em out!

Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pizza, service just ok, crap-tastic atmosphere.”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

If I were only rating this place on food, it would be a 5! Great pizza, great chicken roll, & I've heard they have good lasagna. Service is mediocre at best. I expected a little more "southern hospitality." If you order anything that my not already be prepared, (like a chicken roll) be prepared to wait. If you're in a hurry, order lasagna or pizza. The entrance & where you order is narrow, & then opens up into a dining room. There's not a great place to wait as the end of the line can get crowded, but I was afraid I miss my order if I waited for it in the dining room. The dining room, by the way, is the crap-tastic part! Old, dingy, dimly lit. Even if there's not much room to wait for take-out, I suggest you scrunch up next to the gum ball machine to wait & then eat outside in the Arcade!

• Visited December 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Not worth going out of your way over”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My family is very serious about pizza. We are also very particular about it. We routinely drive an hour or more to get great pizza so when a friend recommended this place to us we were quick to jump at the opportunity to try it.

It was okay. The crust, cheese, and sauce, while a little sweet, were a nice base. Unfortunately, they chose to top it with cheap toppings. We ordered ham and mushroom; the ham was okay at best and the mushroom tasted and looked as thought they had come from a can. To me a pizza is only as good as the ingredients used and in this case it killed what had the potential to be a good pizza, not great but good. All in all the pizza was okay but only okay.

As for the atmosphere....well, I don't mind hole in the wall character if the food makes up for it as does my fave pizza joint in another town. Unfortunately when you pair it with mediocre pizza it is hard to overlook the worn out interior, the dim lighting, the overcrowding. It just wasn't worth the wait, the crowd, or the indigestion after. My advise? If you're in the arcade and just want pizza the cheese might be okay, otherwise, drive else where.

• Visited November 2012