“Location, New, Super Clean, Free Breakfast, Nashville!”

Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We recently stayed here for 3 nights/4 days on our first trip to Nashville. We used google maps to make sure we stayed close to the action. You could stay at any downtown Nashville hotel and be close to the action. The city is TOO clean! and so walkable and the people are TOO nice. Must be our New England skeptic/keep to yourself lifestyle that had us head shaking on how nice everyone was. The taxi drivers drive slow and use directionals ! I never even heard a horn beep.

The hotel looks brand new. Super fast elevator, great bar area that doubled as the breakfast area. Great idea to put out some hot dishes, coffee, juices, muffins, etc. in the morning and free to the guests.

We had 3 adults traveling and got a King suite. It consisted of a King bed, a small divider wall and corner sofa that pulled out into a bed. Perfect for three people. Would probably be perfect for a family with 2 kids as well. They'd love the pull out bed.

The HD tv actually had an HD picture. We weren't there to watch tv, but when it was on, the picture was perfect. Can't remember the last time we stayed in a hotel that actually had a decent picture on the flatscreen TV. The room had a mini fridge too and super clean bathroom with a green tinted sliding glass door.

My only complaint would be the heat/ac system. When it was running, the vent points directly at the King bed. We had to just shut it off completely, otherwise we were being wind blown all night.

The Johnny Cash museum is one block from the hotel, Broadway with all the clubs and restaurants in two blocks and you can see the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Bridgestone Arena right from the hotel. You can also see LP Field where the NFL plays across the street from the hotel. We didn't have a car (didn't need one!) and we didn't use any other hotel services other than the taxi stand. We only had breakfast and a few drinks at night from the hotel as well.

We definitely want to come back to Nashville and wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EricinNH
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hi EricinNH! Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the city as well as our location. We appreciate your comments about the HD TVs as well as the room specifications. We love to hear that our guests expectations have been met! I do apologize about the air flow in your room and want you to know that we are certainly addressing the issue. Again, we thank you so much for your review and do hope that we will see you again on your next trip to Nashville!

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,789)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend. We checked in a little bit early with no problems. The front desk staff was courteous and informative. We were given a choice of floor at check in and I appreciated that, I don't care to be up high. The hotel was very convenient to Broadway and had taxis at the ready when we needed to travel farther afield. The room was fantastic. It was great to have a comfy couch and not just a chair. Overall it was a great weekend and I would return! There were just a few things that were less than perfect but nothing that would turn me away from this hotel.

The bathroom was nice though a couple design flaws in my opinion - a little more counter space wouldn't have been remiss (it was barely enough for the two of us - in a room that sleeps four the space would be tight), and the faucet does not extend far enough out over the sink. With a low flow stream I felt like I was knocking my hands against the sink and splashing water everywhere. The free breakfast was very good. We had a couple drinks at the bar Friday night and the staff definitely needs more experience or training there. It was very obvious that the girls behind the bar were just front desk staff covering both. Even with a limited liquor selection, and I ordered one of the hotel specialty drinks, the "bartender" had to look it up to be able to tell me what was in it and took a very long time to make it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine A
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here last week with our 18 month old and this hotel was very accommodating. We asked for a crib and high chair prior to arriving and both were set up in our room when we got there. The rooms are very clean and trendy as the hotel is only a couple of months old. Just like everywhere else in Nashville, the staff here goes out of their way to make you feel at home. You are only a short 2-3 block walk from Broadway Ave and all of the Honky Tonks. This location also has free breakfast in the morning as well as free Wi-Fi in the rooms. There is also a nice pool and gym located on the 5th floor. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Nashville in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank teamram

Hi Teamram! Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay as well as our location. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was a great hotel! The decor, the cleanliness, the location, and the staff was all GREAT! We were a group of 8 girls so we reserved two rooms. I was worried because the pictures of the rooms looked almost too good to be true, but when we got to the hotel, the pictures didn't lie. The rooms were very spacious, and even offer a small lounge area with a perfectly sized sofa (sofa bed). The bathroom was also spacious. Everything seemed new and clean! Located in Downtown, we were able to walk to Broadway every night - it's in a safe neighborhood, and down the block from the Music Hall of Fame. The first night we came back to the hotel around 1:00am and ordered from their all-night menu. Everything was delicious. The next morning we went down for their complimentary breakfast, which was equally good. The staff was very friendly, and very accommodating. If I ever make it back to Nashville, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure to turn down the blinds before you go to sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patsy C
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very nice, what you would expect. The staff made the stay a 10! They were fun, friendly, and helpful. Thanks for making us feel welcome. Loved the fact they had food available 24/7 and Starbucks coffee.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The staff was very nice and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Missed having a bathtub (guess they are a premium in Nashville). Also had an air-conditioner that blows right on you when you sleep. great if that is for you, but it is NOT for me. Missed having the choice of half and half for my coffee since I don't care for dry creamer or Coffee-Mate. Nice breakfast otherwise.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dred1
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hello dred1! Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Nashville and that you liked our hotel. I apologize that your room did not have a bathtub in it, as they are in our rooms with 2 queen beds as opposed to king size beds. We are also addressing the issue in your room with the air conditioning. In regards to the coffee station, I am happy to say that we will be taking your advice and adding half and half creamer to our selections very soon! Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Platinum Hyatt member. 2nd visit to Nashville and 1st visit to this hotel. Reserved two nights in advance using Hyatt points. Check-in was seamless as our key packet was ready and they confirmed my feather free request. Offered some soft drinks out of the case and escorted us to the elevators. We were assigned an oversized corner room 1122. Room was spotless and still looked very new. There was a couch and ottoman, comfortable king sized bed, side tables on the wall with no drawers, an armoire, dresser and desk with chair. Huge windows with tons of natural light and fantastic views of the river, downtown and the foot bridge.

The nice sized bath had an extra deep vanity which helped for storage and a great glass enclosed shower stall with plenty of hot water and pressure. (no tub which we consider a plus but others may not) Stylish opaque sliding door was good for privacy but not for sound.

Every staff member we encountered was super friendly and helpful. Didn't spend much time in the common areas but the lobby was absolutely gorgeous and well appointed with art, sitting areas, great music and a nice bar and take away food area.

Location is just perfect. You are steps away from so many of the downtown draws that you couldn't get a much better place as a home base.

I did request a late checkout the morning of departure as we were moving to another hotel for a conference and the rooms were not ready. When I called down, I was told "the best I can do is 12:30" until I reminded the young lady that I was Platinum. Once she verified that, she allowed for 3 p.m.. From a service perspective, she should have checked my profile before she answered but this is certainly not enough for me to ding them on rating.

We did have friends try to book here and the two nights would have been nearly $600 with taxes and fees. Since we used points I did not rate shop so I don't know how this compares to other hotels downtown but I was a bit surprised at rates above $250. There was a Brad Paisley concert that night so perhaps that drove rates up. After seeing both hotels, they were sorry they didn't spend the $200 they saved staying one mile away.

Highly recommend for business or pleasure and will stay here again without a doubt. The hotel is fairly new and they are doing a great job of keeping it looking that way.

Room Tip: 1122 had great views and was very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple