“Great hotel in the middle of the action”

Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
Ranked #16 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Zagreb, Croatia
“Great hotel in the middle of the action”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is excellently located hotel just a block from the Broadway and Country music museum. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff is very polite. The only minus is the pool which is indoor and small.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IIM612

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Turkish first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently I was on a girls weekend away. We were initially at the Gaylord and hated it (old,dirty and a maze). We moved to Hyatt Place to be closer to music row, and we hated the Gaylord. I only WISH we had started our trip here! It was much cheaper than the Gaylord but 10x nicer and with spectacular customer service. Desk staff were helpful and always happy and smiling. We called to ask if we could have an extra half hour to check out and they told us we could have until 2:00! Staying at this hotel truly rescued what was headed to be a miserable weekend girls trip. I have stayed at a few other Hyatt Place and each of them have been top notch. Rooms are always updated, clean, beds are the most comfortable Ive had in a hotel ever. Bathrooms are nice and I love how there is another mirror/ counter area outside of the bathroom also so two people can get ready at the same time.
I am traveling to NYC soon and hope to book with Hyatt Place there. Don't think about it...just book it! You will not regret it and I promise will be over the moon as I was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jami W
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hi Jami! I appreciate your taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to turn your trip around. I'm happy we've enhanced your loyalty to the Hyatt Place brand and I will definitely share your comments with my staff. Thanks so much, once again, and I hope you'll return to see us again on your next trip to Nashville!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Pros: Fantastic location downtown. $20 self-parking with in-and-out privileges. The best free breakfast I've ever seen at a hotel (and I stay in 70+ every year). Strong wi-fi. Clean, modern rooms. Friendly service.

Cons: Loud guests and outdoor traffic noise– but the room comes with earplugs! Indoor pool was WAY too cold– my wife's lips turned blue and we had to bail. (An easy fix from management though, if you're reading.)

Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank matthewsmith99
Hi matthewsmith99! Thanks for your review of our hotel. It's greatly appreciated to get our guests' feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed our location! I want you to know that I have addressed your comments regarding our pool with our engineers as well. Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope you'll visit us again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The property is a great example of thoughtful design, service and targeted amenities. The complementary breakfast buffet was well organized, staff, fresh and hot. Honestly, the best inclusive non-5 star property breakfast I have had. Also, I was pleased that the parking garage was attached and the room key worked for entry/exit. Lastly, this NEW hotel is literally steps away from the heart-of-downtown.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ShareBug
Hi j s! Thank you so much for your comments and review of our hotel! Your comments are exactly what we like to hear and what the brand is trying to accomplish. I hope you'll come visit us again if you return to Music City and thank you, once again, for taking the time to review us!

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Hyatt is a perfect place to stay when you visit Nashville. It is close to all the museums and places to eat. The staff were helpful and friendly and the service was top notch. You can easily access the downtown public transit and see almost everything, so you do not have to rent a car. Nashville is incredible. There is so much to do and see.

Room Tip: The view is better on the street side as you see mostly buildings otherwise. With that said, you wi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hi Jefty2013! Thank you for your review and comments of our hotel! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us as well as in this thriving city! And you're right!...you certainly can use public transit or walk to nearly everything Nashville has to offer! Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again!

Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were only in Nashville for two days and stayed here for one night. It is so conveniently located two blocks from Broadway and all the action. Or at least all the action we could see in two days. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the staff friendly and the breakfast was ample and very good. Highly recommend staying here, but stay longer!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hi Lairduloma! Thank you for your review of our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here even if it was a little too short of a trip for you. I hope you'll be able to come back and spend some more time with us! Thanks so much, once again!

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed on the 12th floor - great view. Nice large room with a sectional sofa & king bed and large nice shower. The hotel was brand new (opened in Nov 2013) - great service. Hot breakfast had a lot to choose from. Starbucks in the lobby (love that). Valet parking seems a bit pricey at $24 per night, but the great location means you don't have to drive/park so it's actually a value. The only small complaint is the AC vent makes the chain pull for the shade rattle - I know, sounds like a weird complaint, but seems like a design flaw - they should flip the vent door so the air points into the room rather than toward the window. Overall would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen R
Hi Karen! I appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. I always get excited to hear about our guests stay and I'm happy you enjoyed yours! I'm also glad you liked our Starbucks options as well as our complimentary breakfast. I do hope that you will choose us again on your next visit to Nashville and thank you, once again, for your review!