“Saved my vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
New York City, New York
“Saved my vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I flew into Nashville with arrangements to stay at a friend apt while he was out of town. But the person who was suppose to leave the key did not do it. I had very limited options being it was the start of CMAFEST. But I had found a wonderful rate and the service from the moment we pulled up to the hotel was awesome. I explained what had happened and they truly turned a start of a disaster trip into one of the best trips I had. I will definitely return to the spacious rooms that made me feel at home and not in a hotel. Thank you for the wonderful southern hospitality.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hi newyorkcityboy99! Thanks so much for your review of our hotel! I'm sorry to hear that your trip didn't start off as planned, but am so glad that we were able to turn it around for you! We do hope you'll return again for some more of the "southern hospitality" you mentioned! Thank you for your comments, once again, as they will certainly be shared with all of the members of my staff!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
Ryde, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was easy to find, and has its own parking (which is a little expensive). We were greeted by a grumpy member of staff who didn't like a live music playing in reception. He then tried to charge me the room which I had booked and paid for through a booking agent in the uk. This was sorted by the end of our stay. Our room was good, lovely a clean. A slight hiccup was the shower door kept sliding open and had to be wedged with a flannel. There was no information about Nashville in the room, and we weren't offered anything on check in, so I recommend going to the visitors centre which is just a short walk away and full of useful information and maps. The breakfast was very busy as it was a holiday weekend but we found a table and the buffet was delicious and plentiful. A great hotel, brilliant location but a few things still to sort out.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mummysunshine
Hi Mummysunshine! Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and location, but also appreciate your feedback/comments on ways in which we can improve! I will certainly address all of it! I do hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to Music City, and thanks so much, once again!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Hyatt over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel was so wonderful. The rooms were very clean and spacious. They also included a pullout couch which was awesome. Also, the breakfast included in the morning was amazing! It was not your typical continental breakfast and had such a variety of food to offer. The staff was also extremely friendly and helpful. Best of all the location is just two blocks from Broadway. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jdunne12
Hi jdunne12! Thank you for taking the time to review us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our breakfast selections. We hope you'll return on your next visit to Music City and thank you, once again!

Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is excellently located hotel just a block from the Broadway and Country music museum. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff is very polite. The only minus is the pool which is indoor and small.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IIM612
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently I was on a girls weekend away. We were initially at the Gaylord and hated it (old,dirty and a maze). We moved to Hyatt Place to be closer to music row, and we hated the Gaylord. I only WISH we had started our trip here! It was much cheaper than the Gaylord but 10x nicer and with spectacular customer service. Desk staff were helpful and always happy and smiling. We called to ask if we could have an extra half hour to check out and they told us we could have until 2:00! Staying at this hotel truly rescued what was headed to be a miserable weekend girls trip. I have stayed at a few other Hyatt Place and each of them have been top notch. Rooms are always updated, clean, beds are the most comfortable Ive had in a hotel ever. Bathrooms are nice and I love how there is another mirror/ counter area outside of the bathroom also so two people can get ready at the same time.
I am traveling to NYC soon and hope to book with Hyatt Place there. Don't think about it...just book it! You will not regret it and I promise will be over the moon as I was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jami W
Hi Jami! I appreciate your taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to turn your trip around. I'm happy we've enhanced your loyalty to the Hyatt Place brand and I will definitely share your comments with my staff. Thanks so much, once again, and I hope you'll return to see us again on your next trip to Nashville!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Pros: Fantastic location downtown. $20 self-parking with in-and-out privileges. The best free breakfast I've ever seen at a hotel (and I stay in 70+ every year). Strong wi-fi. Clean, modern rooms. Friendly service.

Cons: Loud guests and outdoor traffic noise– but the room comes with earplugs! Indoor pool was WAY too cold– my wife's lips turned blue and we had to bail. (An easy fix from management though, if you're reading.)

Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank matthewsmith99
Hi matthewsmith99! Thanks for your review of our hotel. It's greatly appreciated to get our guests' feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed our location! I want you to know that I have addressed your comments regarding our pool with our engineers as well. Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope you'll visit us again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The property is a great example of thoughtful design, service and targeted amenities. The complementary breakfast buffet was well organized, staff, fresh and hot. Honestly, the best inclusive non-5 star property breakfast I have had. Also, I was pleased that the parking garage was attached and the room key worked for entry/exit. Lastly, this NEW hotel is literally steps away from the heart-of-downtown.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ShareBug
Hi j s! Thank you so much for your comments and review of our hotel! Your comments are exactly what we like to hear and what the brand is trying to accomplish. I hope you'll come visit us again if you return to Music City and thank you, once again, for taking the time to review us!