“Wonderful Stay!”

Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
Ranked #16 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay. Many thanks to our hostess Spring, you are awesome!!! Everything was within walking distance, with so much to do! The corner king has the best view of the river and bridges, made you feel good just walking into the room to see the wonderful view! Highly recommend and would stay here again.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just got back from Nashville. The trip was strictly for pleasure. This is great spot. Short three block walk from everything that a tourist would want to see. You can spend the night at the honky tonk country and western bars and walk right back to the hotel. Many great restaurants are within a few blocks and it is less than a block from the Country Music Hall of fame

The have a great breakfast that is included that includes many choices and is very well run.
Self parking is $20 a night and is very easy, as the elevator to your room is right in the parking garage which is very convenient. No need to spend the extra for the valet parking. The place is very clean and modern. The have some live music in the lobby on many nights with a nice bar. The people seem to all be very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi CaribmanChicago! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location as well as our hotel! We hope you'll come stay with us again, and really do appreciate your comments!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown is absolutely great! They treat your pet like a king/queen! The breakfast was the best free breakfast I've ever had! The location is good, just south of Honky Tonk Row (about 3 blocks) with access to Southern restaurant, the pedestrian bridge, and anything within Downtown. The room itself was modern and clean. The only pitfall was the shower/tub combo, with a shower curtain; I do not understand why new hotels continue to add them to bathrooms!? Overall, a great hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

During CMA festival we stayed at this Hotel and were thrilled with everything about it. What a fantastic front desk operation especially Morgan who was such a delight to deal with. The room was spotless and large for a long stay with a nice seating area too. A little view towards the stadium was useful when it rained and delayed the start of a concert. The bar area downstairs had fantastic staff too very friendly and so obliging. This hotel has the most friendly and obliging staff at any hotel we have stayed at. Amazing hospitality and a great hotel in a fabulous city

1  Thank wireless
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here for a week for my business trip, the service in general was pretty good. They served complimentary breakfast which was very convenient that you wont need to look for places to eat in the morning. Since I was there for a week, I remembered I was being served satisfactory every morning when I had my breakfast, I believed two of the waitresses name were Celine and Thao, they were very nice. Also, I specifically wanted to thank one of the employee named George. He kindly helped me fixed the charges of my stay to the correct credit information I provided, although I had already made a call to the front desk asking to fix the issue before he helped me fixed the problem. I was pretty unhappy for the first call that I made kuz the person (I cant recall her name, but she was a lady) who was on the phone with me agreed to helped me with the issue but did nothing, which I found out when I made the second call to George after few days. But anyway, things got solved eventually.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Unfortunately our expectations fell a little short on this one. There were a number of issues during our stay.

First off, we specifically asked for a room away from the elevator. When we arrived at our room, it was directly beside the elevator. We called down and they changed our room but it was just a couple doors down and still very close to the elevator. At that point, we didn't feel like saying something a second time.

The next issue we had was the air conditioner/air vent caused a huge puddle on the floor in front of the bed on the carpet. We called down to housekeeping to have it addressed and nothing happened.

Another thing that happened is that we told the front desk agent that we had parked our car and when we tried to leave the property, our room key hadn't been properly coded to exit the parking garage. We ended up stuck there waiting for someone to come and open the gate for us.

The housekeeping fell SUPER SHORT as well. When we returned to our room the first day, the housekeeper hadn't emptied any of the garbage bins in the room and left dirty plates from breakfast that we had in our room (we had no idea what to do with them...) and an empty bar glass as well from the night before. The shower floor in our room also needed the attention of a mr. clean magic eraser.

The breakfast was ok but honestly a little disappointing. It's was a pretty average continental breakfast with a couple warm items.

Overall, we just wouldn't stay here again or recommend it. The location was AWESOME but other than that we really were disappointed with the room and level of service we received.

1  Thank Stacey00
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and definitely use it to improve our overall guest experience. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issue while staying with us as we certainly do not want any of our guests to leave unsatisfied. We hope you'll give us another chance and stay with us again! And thanks, once again, for your review.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

myself and 5 friends traveled here in January 2014. It was perfect location for us, close to everything (shops and broadway bars) not to mention the room was very spacious. 2 queen beds and a sectional style sleeper sofa were more than enough for 6 adults. The staff was accommodating. It can get loud at night but we didn't mind as we were causing some of the commotion too. If you want peace and quiet, the weekends in downtown are probably not the place for you anyway. Valet was $20 a day - a bit steep, but what can you do.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same - 2 queens plus a sofabed would be my suggestion to those trave...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mac5155

Hi Matt! Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We love to hear our guests' comments. I'm so glad you found our rooms to be spacious enough for you and your friends and hope you all had a great time! Thank you, once again, for taking the time to review us, and we hope you'll come see us again!