“We Highly Recommend Fontanel”

The Inn at Fontanel
Ranked #1 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife, Dr. Morgan Moor, and I had been hearing about Fontanel. We recently decided to pay a visit. WOW, we are glad we did! What a gem for Nashville! We booked an overnight stay at the Inn. The service was better than many 5 star hotels we have visited and the room was second to none. We first enjoyed lunch at the cafe which was a good start. We then toured the Log Home Mansion and enjoyed seeing the history and memorabilia of Barbara Mandrel and her family. Although we have some ties to the music industry it was a treat to see such a magnificent log house that was home to one of the greatest in the industry! It is amazing that they let you make yourself at home during the tour by it not being all hands off! After the mansion we toured Prichard's Distillery. That was fun for me…I enjoy good bourbon (don't forget to taste as many as possible)! We had time for a short nap then were off to the trails for a hike. It was an extremely hot day but the trail was coupletely covered with a canopy of foliage so it actually made for a great hike. Trail is smooth, is wide enough to enjoy, and is pet friendly. We would recommend making a full day or two of the visit because we missed the zip lines. There were many people out enjoying the lines in spite of the heat because it is in the woods (shaded). We plan to take our children back to have fun on the lines and we plan on keeping track of shows at that Woods Amphitheater for some good outdoor live music. To finish the visit; we made it back to the Cafe for dinner and had some wonderful Chicken Marsala while listening to live music. For our night cap we sat out on the large covered porch outside of our bedroom door and simply relaxed. We woke to a full breakfast served at the Inn (bed and breakfast style). If you have not figured it out, we highly recommend a stay at Fontanel. We will be recommending it to our friends that come to visit Nashville.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SAMoor2014
Fontanel_Attractions, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Fontanel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Wow, thank you for your review! Here at the Inn at Fontanel we enjoy being able to make each experience unique and memorable. We are so happy that you were able to experience some of our hiking trails and other amenities we offer throughout the property. We hope to be fortunate enough to host you again as well as your friends when they visit Nashville.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is the nicest place I have ever stayed at. From the first phone call I made to Amy to make the reservation I was so impressed with how nice she and everyone there is. I am not fond of hotels, but I would not consider this a hotel, it is so much nicer than that. It is a bed and breakfast, but so much more and so much better than that even. We stayed in the North Bunkie, which is your own private little house. (I wish there were more places like this all over the country) The accomodations are perfect for a small family, like mine, and would be perfect for a couple as well. There are two queen size beds, a refrigerator, large flat screen television, and a large extra nice bathroom with fancy robes, even the towels are luxurious. You have your own private front porch to sit on and enjoy the beautiful outdoor views. It is super clean, they even turn your bed down each night and put Goo Goo Cluster candy on your pillow. A chef prepares you a made to order gourmet breakfast each morning right before you in the kitchen. The entire staff is exceptionally nice, they go above and beyond to please you and make your stay very pleasant. I would stay there again and again. It's only 10 minutes or less from downtown Nashville in a pleasant country setting. There is an onsite restaurant, Cafe Fontanella which is very good also, there are walking trails, free use of bikes, and a secure gated entrance, even a free classic car show each week. Thank you Amy and everyone there for a wonderful stay! This is a 5 star plus more resort! I can't say enough good things about this place! I love it! Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Your review of the Inn at Fontanel is greatly appreciated. Thank you for pointing out the highlights of your stay. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectation and make your stay with us a memorable one. Being able to ensure our guests are enjoying themselves while staying with us is of the utmost importance. We look forward to having a chance to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very new property, designed to look like a Southern bed & breakfast and it's very, VERY beautiful. We rented two rooms. Both were very clean and we'll appointmented. Super soft robes in the closet, upgrades towels. We used the fitness center which was nice. A treadmill and bike, free weights and workout balls. The inn has bikes for your use which was a nice touch! And the people who work here... how do they FIND these people? So incredibly nice. I mean, beyond accommodating. Jared offered to wash a load of laundry for us. They delivered breakfast right to the kid's room at 10:00 am so the hubby and I could take the 9:00 am mansion tour and not worry that they would wake up without breakfast (We had 4 kids with us, 6-13). You got the feeling that no request would be denied to you. Breakfast was ordered the night before by filling out a card with 4 entree options on it. French toast, pancakes, made to order omelets and eggs and bacon or sausage. We asked for 3 entrees for my husband and I and the request was honored with a smile. Breakfast was perfect and prepared at the time we requested, fresh and hot.

We particularly liked the area. This place is built in the valley of the Fontanel Mansion with a small village of sorts adjacent consisting of a very good Italian restaurant, a gift shop, a distillery and a candy store. The Inn gave us two gift cards for the restaurant which was a nice touch and increased the value of our stay. The restaurant looks like a Southern bar, Christmas lights strung outside, wicker rocking chairs, TVs playing sports. The food was quite good. Pizza and chicken piccata was what we had. Very good and not too expensive with nice large portions. There's a creek on the property with some walking trails. The inn gave us a golf cart to drive so we had a great time touring the property. The kids splashed in the creek and then we went to eat. A nice evening. The husband tried the whisky from the distillery, which they sell in the restaraunt, and liked it so much he bought a bottle before we left.

The inn was very kid friendly, romantic, charming, relaxing and upscale. Truly unique. My only call out was the brightness of the room. At 5:30 am the room was so bright from all the airy windows that adorned the room and gave it such great openness during the day, that it woke us up. Bring an eye mask and you'll be fine.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Got_too_many_dogs

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at the Inn at Fontanel on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that your stay with us was enjoyed by your entire family. It's important to us to provide a quality experience that fits the family while on our property. We look forward to being able to host your family again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for nearly a week from 6/23-6/27/14 and from beginning to end we truly felt like we were at home. Amy, Dusty, Cleveland, and Wes were all extremely friendly and professional. The room itself was very clean and elegant. The free "continental breakfast" is anything but continental... in a GOOD way :). Pancakes, french toast, omelettes...they are all delicious and cooked to order by the chef. There is a small number of units so you get a lot of personal attention and individualized touches. I will without hesitation recommend this place to anyone looking at staying "in Nashville". It is only about 15 minutes to drive downtown so it was a great mixture of "bed and breakfast" homey feel while also driving a short distance downtown to have a fun night on the town. As an FYI to readers, we stayed in the "South Bunkie", which was perfect for two even though it has two beds.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "South Bunkie", which was perfect for two even though it has two beds.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt B
Fontanel_Attractions, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Fontanel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you, kindly, for your review of the Inn. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Making our guests feel like they are at home is something we strive for here at the Inn. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I generally stay at Union Station for our Anniversary, but with no rooms available I started looking for a place that "could come close". I stumbled on the last available room at Fontanel (the King Lower Suite). I thought... Why not try it. It had been a Southern Living Idea House, I own a real estate brokerage...I thought it might be something different. I was blown away by the comfortable home like feel, the personal service (Jarod was amazing), and the beautiful and immaculate suite. This resort will be my annual go to place to celebrate my anniversary... Sorry Union Station :(
The restaurant had the best tomato sauce and meatball stramboli and a great atmosphere with live music. The cooked to order breakfast was fantastic! You really feel like you are at a private bed and breakfast. We toured the Fontanel mansion and the best part was our guide, STEVEN WHITSON. He WOWED us by singing some of his original songs. This guy is the next Josh Turner and someone should sign this guy to a record deal FAST! We will go back just to see him again! I only hope that next year we will be able to get a room for our anniversary... There are only 6 suites so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I can't recommend this hotel enough! The only suggestion
I have is... Put in a pool, hot tub, and firepit

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank R-S0615
Fontanel_Attractions, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Fontanel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

How kind of you for giving us such a rave review! Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Inn for your anniversary. We are delighted that you not only were able to enjoy the Inn but that you were able to enjoy our other offerings on the property. We look forward to you coming back and celebrating with us for years to come and thank you for your suggestions.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This is the most service-oriented place I've ever visited. We were treated so well we didn't want to leave. I would highly recommend it to anyone!!!! Don't miss the chance to stay there....and tour the mansion and the distillery! Dine at the cafe too.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank VMRogers

Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to be considered one's home away from home. We would love to host you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am a hotel snob. My husband and I love quality, character and service and typically gravitate (when we can) to high-end boutique lodging. We just wrapped up a week's vacation at a family home in Hilton Head, and due to some rain, decided to hit the road early and make the trip home a 2-day trip instead of our typical 1-day power drive. Not knowing where we would feel like stopping, we decided late-day on Nashville, so I started checking Tripadvisor ratings, originally planning to stay downtown. After reading various reviews and checking a few websites, we decided to give the Inn at Fontanel a try. We were fortunate to secure a room that someone else had cancelled, and it was the best overnight we have had in some time. the Inn is extremely comfortable, amazingly beautiful and very service-oriented (Jared, Amy and Wes were all incredible). The architecture, decor and overall characteristics of the property are all remarkable, and the developer obviously has a great vision for something very special. I would highly recommend the Inn for couples, a girls getaway or a family treat. My 11-year old son (who typically has to be pried away from electronics) is already asking when we can go back. Like him, I can't wait.

Room Tip: we stayed in the carriage house which was a comfortable fit for my husband, myself and our 11 year o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jaynemichaud
Fontanel_Attractions, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Fontanel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for the raving review and sharing your experience. It is wonderful to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is our pleasure to know that you will consider the Inn at Fontanel to host you when you visit Nashville again. We look forward to seeing you soon!