“Fun Saturday stop”
Review of BookMan BookWoman

BookMan BookWoman
Ranked #30 of 118 Shopping in Nashville
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Neat little shop in a cool part of town. One of my favorite places to come and browse when I don't really know what I'm looking for. Something always jumps off the shelf at me. A great place to kill a few hours on the weekend.

1  Thank eliotirving

Reviewed 21 February 2014

They had a very wide selection of books, which is their redeeming value. I found the books to be a bit pricey over most bookstores. And while the book were on the shelves in alphabetical order, they line the shelves 2 deep, stack books and boxes everywhere, so it's hard to see all that they have. Not very generous on trades. I bought 2 books i haven't been able to find elsewhere, but my spouse left empty-handed. McKay Used Books was a better experience for us. I wouldn't think this store is handicap accessible at all.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The new books are also discounted. Packed to the ceiling, almost. They don't have a database, so you have to do a lot of searching. The staff are very helpful looking up books on an iPad, then searching through the stacks to see if they had them. On the main drag near Vanderbilt; near the Pancake Pantry.

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

The store itself was very cool inside. They have a wide selection and i could spend hours looking around, but the books are pretty overpriced and the owner is not very friendly.

1  Thank jiddins
Reviewed 26 October 2011

How I love to spend time in used bookstores! I was looking forward to my visit here. What I found was a grouchy owner and overpriced books.Appararently, this is her normal demeanor since other reviewers have also had unfriendly encounters. There certainly are A LOT of books there, but I walked away empty handed.

3  Thank Noel78