“Everything Was Just Right. . . .”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Big Bungalow B&B
Ranked #6 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Omaha, Nebraska
“Everything Was Just Right. . . .”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Just spent 4 nights @ the Big Bungalow while visiting our daughter in Nashville. We were very pleased. It's a great location in East Nashville, just across the river from downtown and all the attractions there. We had the spacious Grand Suite with the king bed and master bath. Didn't get to use the jetted tub, but it looked very inviting and had a great view of the downtown skyline. The suite also included a little "TV room" which had a futon which could accommodate additional sleepers if needed. Ellen, the owner, is very personable and helpful. She and innkeeper Chrissy ( sp?) took turns with breakfast: a quiche, fritata, french toast and scrambled eggs. We appreciated the gated parking available @ night. Our weather while there was very springy, so we enjoyed some time in the afternoons reading on the large front porch. The screened patio in the rear was also an enjoyable place for some evening visiting. Definitely beats a hotel !!

Room Tip: There are only 3 bedrooms, and the Grand Suite has the king bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andermom56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Right from my initial contact with Ellen about reserving the Grand Suite, she was helpful and intent on making our vacation in Nashville memorable. Ellen was always looking to offer advice on outings and restaurants if you needed a suggestion. Once we realized how noisy and busy the downtown hotel area was, we knew we made the right choice in staying at the "The Big Bungalow". Thanks Ellen and great work.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Soupy47
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I recently had the wonderful experience of being a guest at the Big Bungalow. I enjoyed the warm, cozy accommodations and warm efficiency of the innkeeper. Ellen was so hospitable and could not do enough to guarantee her guests a memorable stay. She provided information about local hotspots, gave directions, made reservations and of course let's not forget the fabulous breakfast!!! The bed and breakfast itself is lovely with many interesting pieces of artwork. I look forward to my return visit to Nashville and would not even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank rykel12
Darien Center, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed here last minute and was warmly greeted by Ellen. She was extremely knowledgeable of the area of Nashville and we got to see up-in-comers at a little known
honky tonk. The house was nice and breakfast ok but nothing to write home about. However I would recommend staying there instead of any hotel for sure !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank traceylea17
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We visited in December 2011 for one cold, rainy December night. The owner was quite hospitable and upgraded our room for free. She also offered advise and maps of the area. Southern she is not, if that's what you want in an innkeeper in Nashville.

We found the location to be very convenient to downtown Nashville. It's located in what I'd call a mixed neigborhood similar to many downtowns with a mix of socio-economic status within a small area (I happen to live in such a neighborhood, but I get that some people might be freaked out). There are some beautiful old homes on the street with the B&B. There's gated parking behind the B&B for guests. We parked in front for several hours without concern or problem. I'm a walker, so was delighted that the B&B was a short distance away from downtown Nashville. The weather was too nasty for a walk, but it was an incredibly short car ride.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank hicksbee
Apex, NC
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We actually went here in the last week of December 2010 to visit friends and go to the music city bowl, and everything was booked! We were actually booked to stay in another B&B but when the owner realized he had double booked, he helped us secure a stay here, which was nice on the part of both parties. While our room was decorative and clean, I didn't find the house itself to be all that inviting. It didn't make we want to come sit in the great room or eating area. The owner is not "homey" but she is cordial and accommodating. To me, a B&B is about the little extras, which I didn't find this place to have any except a small coffee maker out in the hallway. And as far as breakfast goes, I wasn't impressed, but then again, I am a cook at heart. It wasn't bad, I'm not saying that, it's just that, again, part of the word for this place is "breakfast" right, so I expect that to be one of the more memorable parts of staying here, and it wasn't. So it's not a bad place, I'm not saying that, if it's all you can find, go there, but it's just that if you're looking for your visit in Nashville to be about cozy, southern charm...keep looking.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PUJtravel
Gold coast
Reviewed 15 December 2011

My wife and I visited Nashville on our travels through the U.S and came across this B&B in the rough guide to the U.S.A book. As soon as we arrived at the Big Bunglows we immediately found the owner "Ellen" to be more than helpful with any advise, and went as far as to book us a table and seating at an excellent live music venue. Her knowlege of the city was greatly appreciated as she steared us into the right places for live music and super eat spots!
Ellen also encouraged us to sit and chat to the other guest, in her words "What are you guys doing, have you met yet??...."No"...."Well why the hell not!" Very funny lady.
Overall I could not recommend Ellens Big Bungalow enough! She was funny, welcoming and quite blatenly honest! I love that trait in people!
We would definately go back to see Ellen and get hammered at the honky tonks! :)

Nashville was excellent!!

Jay and Sharne (Oz couple)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple