“Memories are made of this”
Review of Music City Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Music City Hostel
Reviewed 26 August 2009

People relaxing on the deck and the kind and friendly service given on arrival gave me good vibes! Music City Hostel has a homely feel and I loved waking up every morning and walking out onto the garden/courtyard area on my way to the kitchen where I ate my first ever waffles - ingredients compliments of the hostel! The big buzz of downtown nightlife is only 20 - 30 minutes walk, or a short cab ride. The lovely green areas of Centennial Park and Vanderbilt University with close by restaurants are a few blocks away.

I felt safe throughout my entire stay at this hostel - how important a priority this is for other travellers might only be appreciated until such a time as when one has an unpleasant experience staying where registration is somewhat lax.

Music City Hostel is particularly memorable because it was so lovely to come home at the end of the day and enjoy sitting in the wonderful atmosphere on the deck or in the front courtyard area - often with musicians playing and singing.

There's a hostel somewhere in Bariloche, Argentina which just about matches this hostel for its fun friendly atmosphere. Understandably my one-week stay at Music City hostel turned into two!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank CarolynDeH

Reviewed 11 May 2009

Our host was so friendly - everything was really laid back and nice. Lots of budding country music stars stay here on a permanent basis trying to get into the industry.

It is a bit away from the town so expect to walk a long way back or like us all share a taxi back. Found Nashville to have some really good music with packed bars - but it was a Saturday night.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2009

I did not have very high expecatations, I thought it would just be a cheap place to lay my head but I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were great, very warm and provided amazing information about the city, where to eat, where to go, how to get there....The rooms were cleaner than I was anticipating. I stayed in an all girls room in bunk beds with our own private bathroom. The paint was new, the bathrooms were new, the floors were clean, the beds were clean. All the rooms actually locked with a passcode so I felt very safe. They have free parking, which is a $20 a day value. It is fairly close to downtown (it took me about 20 minutes to walk) and close to Vanderbilt and Cenntennial Park. You just have to realize that it is a hostel, there will be cool people to meet and hang out with, but its not a 5 star hotel. If you know that going in you will have a great time.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2009

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and I am sold! I brought my 14-year-old daughter and her friend here for a week. The staff are fantastic. The place is clean, organized, and very well run. Wonderful sense of community. Great location -- very convenient to downtown Nashville. Off-street parking, ample access to bathrooms, well stocked/equipped kitchen. These guys really care about your total experience. They are understandably proud of their facilities and service. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2009

They were in a middle of a refub, so I only stayed a couple of nights. But the place was clean and the staff lovely.

The location wasnt as close to the centre as I thought it was but still not miles away.

Internet was fantastic, very fast.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2008

At first i thought it was going to be terrible, but the ;ady was so helpful she gives yo a map and tells you were to go and were to stay clear from, at night everyone sits outside withe the guitar playing drinking games before heading off into tow. It is like staying at your grannys house very cute.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 October 2008

I had a great time at Music City Hostel. I booked a private room because I knew I wasn't in a mood to bunk in with others. It was lovely. Clean. I had a private half bath.

Ron and Hope (the management) were friendly and accommodating. They went out of their way to make sure the many varied travelers who arrived at their door knew where they were going and how to get there. They collected info about free events and freely and patiently dispensed it all day long.

When I coughed all night from a cold, Hope arrived the next morning at my door with orange juice to help me get better. The Raddison wouldn't do that for you!

Sure it's not a hotel, but I didn't go there expecting a hotel. The place is clean and the vibe is friendly. If you want an economical place to stay in Nashville and to meet a few interesting people while you're at it - go to the Music City Hostel. You can sing along with the folks on the front porch playing guitar.

Read the reviews on the Hostelling sites if you don't believe me. You'll enjoy the Music City Hostel if you have appropriate expectations.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DCPAgirl