“Not Ready for Prime Time”

Aloft Nashville West End
Ranked #78 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Richmond, Virginia
“Not Ready for Prime Time”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Aloft West End and was tremendously disappointed. I mainly stay at Starwood or Marriott properties. When in Nashville I usually stay at the Hutton. Decided to try the new Aloft. Very disappointed. They are in the midst of a renovation and I felt like I was staying in a combat zone. They should have just kept the hotel closed till the renovation was complete. Paint in room was uneven, it seemed like they just put primer on. Room #'s laying on the floor. Floor covering peeling up and the furniture was worn out and tired. I would not recommend staying until the renovation was done, even then I will probably just go back to the Hutton.
I will say the front desk person who checked me in was very friendly and polite.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank orlickg
George H, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you so much for the review. We are at the tail end of our renovation and are now at the stage of setting all the furniture and fixtures into place. I'm sorry you had to endure such an experience. There were some challenges in getting all the materials in on time. This caused some unsightly areas to become exposed. In order for us to meet or April deadline, we had little choice but to rent rooms that had previously been booked. The idea was to have each floor out until complete then move to another floor. The problem was the lag time in material deliveries. I understand the experience must have been frustrating. It was never our intention to inconvenience anyone. I would like for you to stop by and, if for no other reason, walk through and see our new look. I'm certain you will be pleased.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Not only was I not aware of the massive construction going on at the hotel, but even the completed parts were not acceptable. The floor was buckling in our room, there was not a shower door/curtain and the lip was not large enough to keep water from spilling out all over the bathroom, and there was no refrigerator, stocked or otherwise. The front desk ppl were nice/helpful and the valets were especially so, but it's hard to overcome/overlook such obvious issues, even in the face of good service. Very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
George H, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding the front desk and valet staff. To be honest, there is not quite a completed part as of yet. We have some floor repair, room furniture, hallway carpet and wallpaper yet to come. Those items will be addressed within the next week and the week after. Unfortunately, the shower concept does not offer a door. That is one thing that will not change in the imminent future. We will have refrigerators and in-room safes delivered with the furniture next week. We are offering mini-refrigerators upon request until the new items are installed. I am sorry you were disappointed. As close as the completed product is, we are still not quite there. I am sure you will enjoy the Aloft Nashville - West End once renovations are 100% complete. In just a few short weeks we will have a different look and a refreshing feel. We all would like the opportunity to serve you again. Please keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to the Nashville area.

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We are relocating to Nashville for my husbands job we've been staying in a lot of hotels. If you are looking for a good location and a SPG property downtown, this s your spot. It was annoying to have no gym access during our stay but a quick jog around the neighborhood can do for some excercise. Yes, the rennovations in the lobby and halls were annoying but we were told would be finished by April. The bar was open when we were there in early Feb and it was actually quite busy for a lobby bar. It had a nice mix of trendy business travelers. Breakfast was decent, hotel food is never going to be amazing so just set your expectations accordingly. The front desk staff and valets were very friendly and very accommodating to us with our little dog for the week. Being loyal spg members - we love our points!- we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
George H, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
It was great having you with us! We love our pets and our SPG guests! In just about 2 1/2 weeks, our transformation will be complete and you will see a drastic difference in trendy. We certainly hope to see you all again soon; only the next time without the annoying renovation in the hallways and lobby. Thank you for the great review! I share these each week within each department. It seems we improve upon these so keep them coming.

(Welcome to Nashville!)

Cincinnati
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I had just bailed at a $60.00 a night dive and hit up priceline for a deal. I scored this fine property with a huge suite, king bed, desk, chair, view of downtown for $20.00 more. Super comfy and super clean. The bathroom was as big as the previous room, glass shower, you name it. Great crew at desk, valet and even with construction going on in hotel, very friendly staff. They had free hot breakfast since restaurant was being remodeled, on 2nd floor.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Road Dog,

Thank you for the kind remarks! Its nice to hear we were able to accommodate you so well. Hopefully you were able to look around and see what we will become in a couple weeks. We are very excited! The staff and I look forward to seeing you real soon.

Thanks Again,

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed at this location on Feb 27th as many of the other hotels had no more rooms available. I was a little bit concerned because of the mixed reviews seen on here and other sites. I arrived before midnight and was greeted by the friendly front desk staff. They apologized for the construction and offered a free breakfast (wasn't necessary since I had an early breakfast meeting, but a nice gesture nonetheless). I had a room on the 6th floor which was surprisingly spacious. The room has recently been updated (probably as part of the conversion to Aloft) and everything was very clean. I actually liked the wood floor (although the laminate likely won't hold up or look good for very long). The hotel was very quiet (and I really don't like noise) and I had a good nights sleep. Checkout was quick and efficient in the AM.

I asked the front desk for a recommendation for some late night dining option and was referred to the "Broadway Brewhouse". If there is anything I would suggest it to not make that recommendation. It's not a great choice, but I accidentally came across the Patterson House, which is in walking distance to the hotel and was awesome!

While this wasn't my first choice originally I would not mind staying at this location again.

Room Tip: Definitely go with a high floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TRVL4WORK00
George H, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
I am so glad you stumbled upon us and overlooked the renovation / construction going on. To be honest, the only thing done in your guestroom was paint. The furnishings will be in sometime next week. I have to tell you, it's going to look amazing! I appreciate the kind words and will pass on your thoughts on the Patterson House. As you know, there are several late night dining options within walking distance or even a short (inexpensive) cab ride. I have printed a restaurant guide at the front desk and have added a dining & attraction guide to aid our guests and the Front Desk Talent. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. I look forward to serving you again soon!

Toronto
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I had a great, but short, time in Nashville, mainly because of the staff at the ALOFT Hotel....Yes it is being renovated, and no there is currently no bar or gym to use, but if you can't find a bar in Nashville, or do without a gym for a day or 2, it begs the question why you are even travelling to that great city! The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the beds extremely comfortable! It is the staff that stands out...from Tanya at the front desk, to the valets out front.....all were polite and accommodating, ready to assist at any time....even when I had car troubles that plagued most of the first day there! I cannot say enough of this hotel and the staff, and look forward to another visit in the newly designed hotel......

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words! Renovations can be tough at times but the end result is so worth it! It is nice to know we have guests like you. Our talent go the extra mile for as many guests as they can on a daily basis. It is nice to hear about our shining stars from the guest's perspective. Come back and see all the new, fun and exciting things Aloft has to offer in Nashville. When you do, make sure I know you are here. I'd love to chat with you when you get the time. Thanks again for the wonderful review! I've shared each and everyone with our talent.

Hospitably,