“Great downtown location”

Ranked #36 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Perth, Australia
“Great downtown location”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Great location to experience downtown Nashville, close to Country Music Hall of Fame, Bridgestone Arena and Ryman Auditorium, as well as all the downtown bars and restaurants. Rooms were reasonable size and complimentary hot breakfast included. Onsite valet or self parking, undercover, also a bonus.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 2AussieGirls
Dianne_Lee, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
We love to hear from our "Friends DownUnder"! Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and had time to frequent all of the FUN sites and sounds of Nashville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

My family recently stayed at the Hampton inn and suites in downtown Nashville. I was hesitant at first to book here because of couple of bad reviews but we chose this hotel in the end. It was a great choice. The service was very good from the valet attendants to the front desk people- all were great. We were given a suite which ended up costing less that a regular room with two queen beds. The suite worked out great for my husband and I and two young kids. The biggest plus for this hotel is its location. We were within walking distance to great restaurants, the arena for ice hockey, just about everything. It was wonderful especially with two small kids. The breakfast was okay- not going to complain because for being complimentary it was just fine. The parking attendants were a wealth of information for restaurants. The rooms were comfortable and clean. My only problem with this hotel is that at night you do hear a lot of sirens. Noise proof windows would be great. No one else in my family was bothered by it- I am the only light sleeper. But overall would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank AbqMom411
So glad you took your friend's advice and stayed with us! We are so close to all the fun sites and sounds of downtown Music City...come back soon!
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed at this note on the advice of friends and found it to be the perfect location to check out downtown Nashville. Great bed, comfortable room and a very friendly staff. After their first restaurant recommendation was so good I used desk staffs suggestions for every meal...all great. I look forward to returning to Nashville and will book here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Jeff- Sam A
Thanks for your comments...and glad you enjoyed your stay with us and lots of GREAT food! Please plan another visit to Nashville.
Mundelein, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The hotel and the staff are wonderful, and would be rated excellent, the average rating comes from the room which is in need of updating. The room was clean but there were some cosmetic issues which made the room seem not as nice as it could be. Also you do not want a room in the front of the hotel the street noise is horrible, when we mentioned it to a staff member they did offer us a different room, we were only there one more night so we declined but thought it was a very nice gesture to be offered that option.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lori O
Thanks for your review...we have construction right across the street, and I'm sorry it interfered with your visit. I'm glad our staff responded positively...thanks for letting us know.
Amelia, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is a great hotel. The location is excellent to downtown and the staff are wonderful. Great little Italian restaurant across parking lot. Parking garage is attached and self parking is easy. Price of hotel is very good compared to other downtown hotels. Parking is the same as others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate hearing from our guests and hope to see you again in Nashville!
Laurinburg, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The rooms were very comfortable and roomy. The lobby was big and had different areas where different groups could hang out. The full breakfast was great and we were within walking distance of so many things. It is also a short distance to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your comments...glad you enjoyed our hotel and the city's many fun options being in downtown Nashville. Hope travel includes Music City again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I am a dedicated Trip Advisor user and I travel often for business. I stay at Hampton Inns often and I am a Hilton Honors member. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I was shocked to read the other reviews below the one I am writing now that have been posted within the last five days that say the same thing I am about to write. I booked a suite with a king sofa bed and two queens. At other hotels, a suite usually indicates two separate living areas. Here it is just one large room. The extra charge is useless. When we arrived our tv was not in working order. We had to call someone to fix it and they did. The room is too large for one heating unit so it was freezing. I had to call and ask for extra blankets because there was none in the closet. I wore my coat for the first three hours we were there. On our way out for the evening, we asked if the heat could be fixed while we were gone, they said they would send someone. It did not get fixed. Like the traveler below, we could not shower because the room was too cold. When the heat did run during the night, it was a loud grinding sound and sleep was impossible. Also, the fan in the bathroom would automatically turn on when you open the bathroom door at night and then would run for an hour - again making sleep impossible. I went downstairs in the morning to let them know I was unhappy with my stay. As I placed my purse on the counter, there was a metal sign affixed to the counter that says "If you are not happy, we do not expect you to pay. Guaranteed." I've never had to complain or ask for a refund at a Hampton Inn ever. But this was just over the top. I gave the clerk on duty my list of concerns. The room charge without parking (19.00) and taxes, fees, etc. was 189.00. She said I will take off 60.00 because we really don't know if your heat was fixed or not. I looked at the sign affixed to the desk and she said are you not happy, your face looks puzzled. I said no I'm not happy. She said I will take 50% which she did. I plan on calling Hilton corporate when I arrive home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family