“Average”

Ranked #19 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Bloomingdale, United States
“Average”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I wish the breakfast went longer, none of my friends ever made it up in time to eat. I caught the end of it once, was not bad for being free, although I still say Embassy Suites has the best free breakfast. I asked for extra pillows since we were using the sleeper sofa those ended up smelling like they never changed the pillow cases. Then upon my arrival into the room I found pretzels by the window. Nothing serious, as long as it is fairly clean. It is in walking distance to Broadway which is nice. They need more rooms with double beds.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Kristin R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Powder Springs, GA
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The location of this hotel is great. I was here for a business trip at the old convention center and it was right around the corner. You could also walk to the new convention center just a few blocks more. Easy walking distance to Broadway as well. The staff at this hotel are extremely helpful and friendly. I had no issues at all during my stay. The room was spacious and very clean. The elevators are fast and I never had to wait longer than 30 seconds. Breakfast was just fine and there were many choices. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank RockermomLisa
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Homewood Suites is a safe, solid bet for a hotel in downtown Nashville. The suite was clean and well-appointed, although being an atrium room did mean it was a little dark. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, from the breakfast manager to front desk staff and valet attendants. The location is fantastic, being completely walkable to all attractions in the downtown area. Previous reviews that say you have to take the shuttle to get to downtown are flat-out wrong (perhaps they meant to review the Homewood Suites Vanderbilt). One of the few drawbacks to this property is the self-parking situation. The garage is about two and half blocks away, making it a pain to walk uphill with luggage back to the hotel. And the linen service could use some improvement. The bath towels were frankly worn and stained. But overall this is a great bet for a Nashville home base.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bubsta
Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was the 2nd time we have stayed at the Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown staying there this time for 6 nights in April. This time we also had our 3 children.

Despite booking the room months prior and requesting a larger King Suite room we were unfortunately given a small room and Murphy's Law had it that they were fully booked out with no other rooms available. That being said, after 2 days the staff were able to address the situation for us.

All staff were very pleasant and helpful during our stay, breakfast was good and the location of the property is a short walk to Broadway.

So while we had a little hiccup at the start of our stay, it wasn't a showstopper and overall we are happy to recommend and will return the next time we are in Nashville

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kjb3stop
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 April 2014

A national trade show was in Nashville in late March within 50 miles of home. It was a great opportunity to attend. I reserved 2 rooms for Friday and Saturday night for my staff to come down, see the trade show, learn a few things, have some fun and spend the night. As time drew closer for the show we realized that we would need Saturday night only. I called on Thursday to modify the reservation. Even though I purposely called the local number, I was immediately routed to the national reservations desk. I was told the first time I called that the hotel was not allowing Saturday check-ins because the NCAA was in town. (I checked - the NCAA women’s tournament would be in Nashville - in 2 weeks!!!) Therefore I couldn’t change or modify the reservation, I could come in on Saturday but I would have to pay for both nights. The second time I called I asked to cancel the reservation, having purposely called the local number, I was sent to the national reservation desk. The woman was very helpful but explained that I was calling too late in the day to cancel the reservation for Friday (Funny, I had called a short time earlier and wasn’t advised of that.) At any rate I kept the reservation, and went in on Saturday to pay for the rooms that I hadn’t yet used.
As we came upon the hotel, there was a staff member smoking out front. The lobby was very nice, clean and well kept. I approached the reservation desk to check in. I asked for our reservation and was given keys for one room. I pointedly asked TWICE to look and see if there was a second room (it had been promised to a staff member) He advised me that the reservation was for one room only. Hmm…… I was charged for one room night on my card at that time and gave the keys to my staff, who now had to double up to stay the night! Frustrating, to say the least. As I am now home, I look at our bank account and see that we have been charged for FOUR room nights. I am guessing 2 nights for 2 rooms. I do not deny that I am liable for the charges, but why weren’t we given the key to our second room. I am beginning to think they likely let someone have it and charged them for it as well. As a footnote, I called the LOCAL office several times the following week to protest the charges and to talk to a manager. Every time I was put on hold for greater than 20 minutes before hanging up. Never resolved.
ADDITION: Today, 5 weeks after we stayed, there is another charge from Homewood. I called and they say “there was a glitch in the system” and it was for parking. I didn’t stay there, my staff did, and they did not park on property at all. Hard to contest 5 weeks later.
Never again, No way will I ever use Homewood Suites. Frustrating experience with staff, poor communication and inability (or maybe unwillingness) to do anything at the local level.

Room Tip: My tip would be don't stay!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pat M
La Grange, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Everything about our 3 night stay was excellent, large room, comfortable bed, full kitchen, friendly and welcoming staff, excellent breakfast and evening meals, easy walking distance to downtown and felt safe day or night as the hotel offers complimentary meals to Nashville police officers. Tip: If you fly in and don't need a car, the City Metro Express bus stop is one short block from the hotel. Less than 20 minute ride for $1.70!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Kathy C
Milwaukee
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Location was very convenient. Was blocks away from broadway and many restaurants. Staff was very friendly upon arrival. Room was very narrow. Had king size bed and sofa sleeper. Room was very clean. Only complaint is the sofa sleeper. Worst bed I have ever slept on. Very thin, could feel every spring. Better off sleeping on floor. Should either get new mattresses or remove sofa sleeper.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends