“Worked fine.”

Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
Ranked #97 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here for CMA Fest 2012. The hotel was fine. It was in our price range, and was obviously not worth the $100/night that we paid. It was close enough to town to walk every day, and it was only about a 10 minute walk from LP Field. After a game/concert it is totally safe to walk because there are tons of other people around, but probably wouldn't walk home from town on a normal night.
The breakfast was great, cereals, make your own waffles, toast, and coffee/tea. It was basically what I would expect at a hotel like this. The room was fine as well, the bathroom was nice and clean, the television was brand new, and the bed was fine. We did not have a plastic mattress on our bed, or at least you didn't notice it. There are air conditioners in the room which worked great! The pool was great, it was big enough to get in a short workout, but I'm not sure why you would hang around the pool in a city like Nashville. I might not stay here again on purpose, but if I had to it wouldn't be the end of the world.
**Rent a car in Nashville. We didn't, and it was a huge inconvenience. Busses are cheap, but few and far between, even to the Grand Ole Opry.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank miraclepie

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed here to be close to my husband while he was working out of town. Was unsure how I would be treated considering past experiences with other hotels where it was just me and the kids throughout the day. But we were treated very nicely and enjoyed our stay. The pool is big and was clean. The rooms were a good size and the beds slept good. The side that has the city view is the best! They even have an elevator which makes it nice not to have to drag all your bags up stairs. Location is good just down the road from the bicentennial park and farmers market. We will be staying here again for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the city are worth asking for, the view is amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Natalie W
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I was very nervous having read some of the bad reviews. But I must say, it was totally fine. I knew going in I wasn't getting the Hyatt - and hey, I wasn't paying for the Hyatt either! But it was very clean (no bugs, nothing like that at all of concern). I'm a bit of a clean freak and would have totally freaked out if it was dirty and/or bugs around - but nothing of the sort!! The management and staff were very accomodating and nice! People who have complained need to reconsider what they paid compared to the bigger and nicer hotels in the area! The area really isn't THAT sketchy; however, I probably wouldn't walk home from downtown by myself or without a large group. Cab ride was around $8.00 to most places downtown but easily walkable to LP Field or most places downtown. I was there for CMA Fest and there were large groups of people walking that way so we felt fine. Would definitely stay again considering it was totally clean and acceptable for the price and I saved lots of money for fun nights out on the town!

Room Tip: Pool side would probably be better. We were on the parking lot side though but I did like having a v...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2012

On holiday from the UK we stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. The hotel was half the price of a hostel and was absolutely fine. The room and bathroom were very clean and the staff were extremely helpful. The AC worked fine and the room was serviced every day. The area is a 15 minute stroll to 2nd Avenue or a 3 minute drive. It's fare to say don't walk home at night , take a cab. Other than that if you ask for a room facing the pool you shouldn't go wrong. A great cheap hotel.
Thank you to the manager for such good service, much appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This hotel is so nasty and dangerous,and my friend Terresa told the truth about this place.Please read her review,the police told us"do you see that man walking there he probably has a pistel in his pocket". I'm glad we didn't have any kids with us. We heard 2 women screaming as loud as they could cussing each other,we called the desk and told the manager about it,and I know he told them who it was that told on them,because it got quite and the next thing we knew they were screaming and cussing right in front of our door,and then they left. The only people that would like this place would have to be like the people we seen there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Brenda H
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

you had 12 people in your room and were partying. the other guests were upset. the front desk called you several times. you assured us that they were leaving yet they did not leave the room and property. we evicted you out of your room for failing to follow hotel rules.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Me and 2 friends booked a 3 night stay at knights Inn on 99 spring street,but arrived a day early, around 9:00 pm,got us a room,went around to the back only to run into a undercover sting at our motel.We drove around until it was over,I then ask the cop their if this was a bad part of town,he said the worst in Nashville,all kinds of drugs,crack cocaine and prostitution.He ask if there was any children with us,and I told him no,he said good you ladies go to your room and don't come back out tonight,fine somewhere else in the morning,call if we need them.So we did stay in our room after getting the nice young man to move us to the first floor.Around 12:00am we hear fussing and cussing down the hall,we call and have the guard check it out,it got quite,around 2:00 they were at our door doing the same thing again,this time we didn't call afraid they would damage our car or us.I called my daughter and she found me and my friends a better place and safer,we paid double for it but it was so worth it,the room at knights Inn was run down,and had a very bad odor to it,plastic on the bed that was very noisey,nasty stained up towels and sheets.My friend cut her leg on the bed and the man in the office acted like he didn't want to give her a bandage for it.I would have felt safer sleeping on a park bench..You should not be allowed to book this place on line.The so called gaurd ,said we would be safe he was there,I could have taken him down myself.PLEASE CHECK IT OUT BEFORE BOOKING,,,,

Room Tip: Find another motel far from this side of town...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Terresa B
A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I will say it wasn't up to par. The toilet seat hinge was broken (but the seat was still functional). The electricity outlet by the vanity wasn't working. The carpet was in need of changing...as was the bed spread. And the bathtub drain was very, very slow.
That said, it was exactly what I was looking for. I realized that the defects were the reasons the rates were so reasonable. I was only looking for a place to sleep while visiting my nephew. And this hotel easily met my standards for an economical place to stay, and that is:
1) the bedding was clean.
2) The bathroom was very clean, the room generally clean, the microwave and
refrigerator was immaculate.
3) There were no cockroaches.
4) It was conveniently close to where I wanted to be...and that's downtown, where the
nightlife and attractions are.

I was also impressed that there was someone who walked the parking lot at night and kept watch to keep out the riff raff - drugs, prostitution and all. And the hotel staff was very nice.

I read the reviews before I booked, and the hotel was everything I needed. I would definitely recommend the hotel to friends who find the same things important that I do. And I'll stay again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member