“excellent rooms near downtown”

Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
Ranked #93 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We were a bit leery of staying at the hotel by reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor.my wife did not want me to book the room.my main motivation was the price and location near downtown.Once we stayed at the hotel my wife and i were very glad we stayed at the motel.The pool was excellent,the wifi connection was superfast,accomodations were very comfortable. the front desk staff was very caring and on top of things .broadwy is only a mile from the hotel where all the nightlife of nashville is.we are glad we stayed at knights inn and will stay again on our trip to nashville.

Room Tip: get rooms facing parking lot you get to see downtown buildings

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms look like they are newly renovated and everything is very clean. There are FRIDGES in every room, along with a microwave. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was the usual hotel fare. The pool looked nice - small, and I didn't swim in it, but my boyfriend did and he liked it. Provided shuttle to Stockyard restaurant.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I thought that this hotel was a really good deal for a one nights' stay. We got two rooms and paid under $200.00, which is very good for Nashville. I was really impressed with how clean the rooms were. Also when we checked in the guy working the front desk was really nice. It was a great way to start my bachelorette party. Even though the neighborhood is a little sketchy, i still felt safe enough to fall asleep quite comfortably. I really hope everyone gives it a chance. I definitely reccomend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2012

While the rooms themselves are ok (decent and clean), the location is definitely not ideal. It is fairly close to downtown but in a pretty seedy area. The rooms are bare bones and you will not get any more amenities than a bar of soap and a towel. Not even a hair dryer, and they couldn't be bothered to check their stock of tissues, either. Their solution when I asked for more (once I got past the locked lobby doors) was to chuck a roll of toilet paper at me. Classy.

I'm not one of those who stays at super-nice hotels and then expects the same from a Knights Inn--I knew this wouldn't be the best place ever--but the TripAdvisor reviews are pretty misleading. I really wouldn't recommend this motel unless you are looking for the cheapest non-gross place to stay for a night or are staying with a large group of guys (for safety purposes). Double-check to make sure your door is closed and locked, too, as it took several tugs to get mine to completely close and the lock is pretty flimsy.

NOTE: This motel charges up front and does not offer refunds. It's probably the only way they can make any money. Too bad I realized this after I was charged, so I was completely screwed when I ended up fleeing early. The guy at the front desk didn't even look up when I announced I was leaving early and returning my room key. If you have any doubts when you pull up, ask to see the rooms first and look around the "neighborhood" so you don't get bamboozled like I did.

5  Thank purljamber
90jamesp, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

We apologize that we did not meet your expectations.You had six guests staying in the room.Upon being contacted by the front desk you became belligerent.You mentioned that you stay at many hotels and they allow you to have many people stay with you without paying for extra people.Our prices are the best in downtown area we also offer free parking.We never advertise hairdryers in our rooms although they are available at front desk upon request.You had six pople swim in the swimmimg pool. The hotel can not be liable for non registered guests swimming.We suggest that you make front desk aware of how many gusts are staing in the room.mike thompson customer service manager

Reviewed 13 July 2012

WORST SERVICE EVER! RUDE FOREIGNERS! The rooms look worse than a homeless center, pictures are not accurate! you can hear every sound from rooms. oh and cable.. b.s! you get 12 CHANNELS and that includes 1 hbo channel. NO KID FRIENDLY CABLE STATIONS! good luck closing bathroom door! Oh and beware they will charge u $10 per night extra for an infant! Oh and when you check out.. no one is there.. location is good kinda, close to downtown but not in good part of town. Never again will we stay here!! IF YOUR LOOKING FOR CHEAP & CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN, STAY AT THE DAYS INN RIGHT ACROSS STREET! LOOKS A HELL OF A LOT NICER, AND I'M SURE YOU WILL BE TREATED NICER!

• Stayed: July 2012
9  Thank dohair323
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

We have seen your review and you have misstated some facts.You had four extra people staying with you .We were gracious enough to just charge you only $10 for extra person .On our website it clearly states that only children under age 13 stay free.We put adequate soap and facial and toilet tissue in rooms.we offer hair dryers and irons and front desk upon request at the front desk. We take pride in our service and cleanliness. We are a budget friendly hotel. We have 3 hbo channels 3 espn sportschannels and cartoon network. we have many other channels. We offer free microwave and fridge in all rooms. We also offer free breakfast and free Wifi. We have many satisfied guests that come to our hotel repeatedly.james patel manager

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I needed a place with two dbl beds for two nights that was clean, did not allow pets, and priced well. I'm used to staying at Marriotts and Sheratins for work, but was not looking for that type of expense this trip. At $46/night, this place was a gem. Just off the highway and close to downtown, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank NewOrleansSecrets
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here for CMA Fest 2012. The hotel was fine. It was in our price range, and was obviously not worth the $100/night that we paid. It was close enough to town to walk every day, and it was only about a 10 minute walk from LP Field. After a game/concert it is totally safe to walk because there are tons of other people around, but probably wouldn't walk home from town on a normal night.
The breakfast was great, cereals, make your own waffles, toast, and coffee/tea. It was basically what I would expect at a hotel like this. The room was fine as well, the bathroom was nice and clean, the television was brand new, and the bed was fine. We did not have a plastic mattress on our bed, or at least you didn't notice it. There are air conditioners in the room which worked great! The pool was great, it was big enough to get in a short workout, but I'm not sure why you would hang around the pool in a city like Nashville. I might not stay here again on purpose, but if I had to it wouldn't be the end of the world.
**Rent a car in Nashville. We didn't, and it was a huge inconvenience. Busses are cheap, but few and far between, even to the Grand Ole Opry.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends