“Daniel K.”

Ranked #89 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
“Daniel K.”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I am a frequent travel to Nashville,TN with work for about a year. I am an At&t employee I stay here everytime and here is why. This hotel is in a great location close to downtown and interstates. The rooms are great and comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly, helpful and diverse, and the service is great. Did I also mention rates are unbeatable. I highly recommend this hotel if travel to Nashville.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Clarksville
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel has great rates compared to surrounding hotels. It is located about a mile from downtown and cab fares are inexpensive to and from hotel. The rooms are clean and staff is very friendly. Had a great time staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rbrwn22
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. Thank god. While I would like to give this hotel a good review, I simply cannot.

Good price, I guess you get what you pay for.

Good staff, very friendly, apart from one person, which I will explain later.

Good location ONLY if you have a car. You do NOT want to stay here if you are relying on walking or catching public transport. It's too dangerous.

At times we felt unsafe here. While my partner was outside, he was asked if he had any illegal substances to sell, he quick came inside and told me to stay indoors as the group continued to go from person to person, floor to floor, asking the same question.

No hot water in the shower. I think the shower tap is deliberatly capped so you can only get luke warm water. It was horrible considering it was -8 degrees outside.

Breakfast is ok. Coffee is cold though.

Our pillow cases were dirty and our towels were ripped and thin.

Now lastly, and this is what I found shocking about that one staff member. Upon check in, in the afternoon, my partner went to park the car. I went in alone and a middle aged man was at the front desk. I requested a non smoking room. I smoke, but only ever outside. I dont smoke inside my house ever or in my car. He told me that I HAD to stay in a smoking room. I refused as I was not going to be forced to stay in a room where previous people had smoked in it. He then agreed to give me a non smoking room, but because I STINK I could possibly be charged a $200 cleaning fee. I have never heard such nonsense or rudeness before. Now the worst part, he was almost barking orders at me to complete the rest of the check in, and while I continued the process my partner walked in, as soon as he saw I was with a older male, he completely changed his tone and became a little more polite. What occurred to me at that point is that he was deliberatly trying to bully and demean me, due to the fact I am in my early 20's and female, and he thought I was on my own. Totally disgusting

I left it at that, did not that man affect our stay in Nashville, and battled through the 2 night's in at knights inn. All the the other staff are friendly and nice, but because of this incident and the other factors stated I cannot and will not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
18 Thank PerthieGirl
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the hotel.We have a lot of guests that stay with us that are very comfortable.Regarding non smoking rooms we don't give non smoking rooms to smokers even if they smoke outside rooms as they still bring smoke odor in non smoking rooms.All our guests that ask for non smoking rooms want no smoke to be in the room.We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Madisonville, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Monday Jan 28 I stayed at this hotel and would recomend anyone on a budget or passing through Nashville to stay here. THE PRICE IS RIGHT***** The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. Breakfast was an added plus. All in all it was a great place to crash for the night. I WILL STAY HERE when I have to come to Nashville for my Dr. visits and Vandi. CLOSE TO EVERYTHING and easy to get to anywhere from the hotel....right off the interstate. And did I mention how FRIENDLY the two guys were that were working the desk at check in and out? Thanks for a great deal and a nice enough room for a quick nights sleep in Nashville!

Room Tip: Any room is ok....ITS A BARGAN nights stay for the price you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PhyllisRD
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My room was nasty. It had a horrible smell. Half of the lights did not work in the room and would flicker. The floor was uneven and seemed to be rotting under the carpet. There was stuff stuck to the shower walls to where I felt cleaner by not taking a shower. I would not reccomend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank jessie m
Nashville
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Our room was dirty, there was a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower rod, bug in the tub. I was afraid to even walk on the carpet it was dirty and you could tell that the carpet had not been vacuumed in a long time. You could see daylight around the door. The bedding was worn and the pillows were hard foam blocks. All the linens were worn and dingy, I will NEVER stay there again. It was close to what we wanted but not worth the value even if it had been free, very poorly maintained, kept and the front desk person had the personality of a wet noodle. I am glad we didn't pay much but then again you get what you paid for.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

11 Thank Sherry S
We have taken notes of your comments regarding your stay.We apologize that we didn't meet your expectations.You were looking for hilton standards and ambience.The rate at the hilton downtown was $350 per night plus tax,parking $40per night,breakfast to be paid by guest and charge for wifi,refrigerator and microwave.You paid us $40 for the night with all the above listed things included in your price.We will endeavor to improve on your comments.
bowling green
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stay here and save alot of money! And sleep in very comfy beds to boot...no trading comfort or service or location for the price either. It's in a safe area with a guard out front and good lighting everywhere. It was a quiet stay with no noise to keep us awake, and very close to downtown, just a couple of miles. Have a great time in Nashville and then crash in a safe, inexpensive, comfy place.

Room Tip: I really liked the room with the wall seperating the bed area from the sitting room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple