“Great food, friendly service, cool vibe”
Review of Pizze Real

Pizze Real
Ranked #411 of 2,098 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had been to this place a few previous times and always enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is pretty cool too - it's an old, remodeled house with local art all over the walls. The service was always a bit slow, however. Not this time! The young lady that waited on us was friendly, fast, and efficient. Our water glasses (well, cups) were never less than 1/2 full and she just had a great, bubbly personality.

My husband and I split the pork shish kabob as an appetizer and it was amazing. It consisted of about 5-6 rather large chunks of juicy, marinated, grilled pork along with an amazing tzatziki sauce and 2 chunks of homemade bread (I'm thinking they were made from pizza dough). I will caution that they serve their pork at the recommended temp (about 145 degrees - yes, they use a thermometer) and it may be a little more pink than some people are used to. If you're weird about that stuff, ask for it well done ahead of time.

Then, we opted to split a pizza with pepperoni and sausage. Their pizzas are advertised at 14" but I think ours was closer to 12". Still more than enough for my hubby and I to split! The crust is thin and reminds me a lot of NY style. The sauce is really good and fresh tasting but without a lot of bells and whistles (the way I like it). Overall, it was very good and my husband proclaimed it to be some of the best he's ever had. My only (minor) complaint is that their prices are a bit high, especially on the pizzas. We had a Living Social deal and didn't end up paying a whole lot out of pocket. I don't know that we can afford to eat there too often without some sort of deal or discount though.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My girlfriend and I love Pizzereal! For the longest time, we were searching for good pizza in Nashville. Pizzereal hits the nail on the head with great tasting pizza with fresh ingredients! Their menu is simple, but awesome! They've got a myriad of toppings to choose from, a great house salad and yummy local beers. What else could you want from a pizzaria?

Aside from how great the food is, we love the relaxed family atmosphere inside, and the more Catina feel of the outside seating; perfect for summer time drinks with friends. Another plus is that you do not have to deal with the scenesters from other hipsterias in the neighborhood.

All this, and it's right at five points! We've found it a great place to meet up for food before a show at the 5 Spot.

1  Thank Adam D
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I went to Pizze Real for lunch with coworkers one day and we all thought it was delicious! We had the caprese pizza and Greek Salad. A must try!!!

1  Thank Teresa M
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had a group go to lunch yesterday at Pizze Real and had a very good experience. The owner was so helpful and the pizza was delicious.

1  Thank Tiffany L
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We went tree times so far and we loved it. Food always tasts fresh and made from scratch. They don't have a very big variety in their menu and it is a bit expensive But overall will definitely recommend.

1  Thank Rebecca W