“Christmas Dinner”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West End Ave/21st street
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Gourmet southern meal with wonderful service. We had the shrimp and grits with collard greens on the side. Fantastic, I am in love with this restaurant. Too bad we live so far away.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

A lot of upscale restaurants tend to come with a bit of stuffiness. Mason's excelled in maintaining a premium and elegant experience, while still offering a very warm and friendly staff. We had outstanding service to accompany our delicious meal. Not only was the food delicious, but the presentation was impeccable and the ambiance made me want to stay all night. As a native to Nashville, I can honestly say it was one of the most pleasant dining experiences I've had, and I'll certainly be returning soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Mason's is located in the Loews Vanderbilt Plaza Hotel. First thing, access is easy, complimentary and fast with the valet service. That's very, very nice. My wife and I went with another couple. The restaurant has an intriguing menu and each dish we tried was a wonderful discovery. We had the crab corn dogs, fried green tomatoes, and bone marrow confit as appetizers. They were all crazy good and differently done. As entrees we had the Shrimp and Grits, the Pork Shank, and the Halibut. Every dish was over the top pleasing. The strawberry rhubarb pie was scrumptious too. The chef here has a gift for sure. These were imaginative dishes at every turn. This is one of Nashville's best restaurants, on a great property too. We really enjoyed our Mason's meal!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

When I made reservations for my dinner group of eleven, I could not have hoped to be so well pleased. The first hint of a fun night out was being seated in a private little room with a long table that could easily accommodate twelve. Although the menu is rather limited, my friends selected a variety of interesting dishes which were both attractive and delicious. The service was splendid with all eleven of us served at the same time, something that makes the dining experience for a group more pleasant. All agreed that Mason's was a real find.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

What a great find. Didn't expect to have such great food inside of a hotel. The "Jars" were great - house made pimento cheese, lima bean hummus and pepper jelly on house made flatbread. Really yummy. Peach salad was incredible, in part because of the roasted peaches, in part the herbed blue cheese, but mostly the fresh greens. Chef came out and made us ice cream sodas with frozen (nitrous?) goo goo clusters.