“Would not stay here again!”

Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South
Ranked #92 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I honestly would've given this hotel and "Average" rating had my toilet worked but you'll have to read on to decided for yourself. I stopped here just for one night while I was enroute to a different state. I was like you I'm sure, just looking for a decent place to lay my head for a bit and save some money. I didn't expect much and that's what I got. The room is darker than the one in the picture that's up here. Much darker. The duvet looked dated, the carpet looked dirty, the air conditioner was musty smelling, and the bathroom was weird and looked like some unprofessional repairs had been done to it. Who care though, I expected that kind of stuff with the price I paid.

At check in the guy who was there was very personable and a jokester and that I really enjoyed. It really set me at ease and was pleasant surprise. HOWEVER THE NEXT MORNING......the next morning my family was suffering from bad food the night before. At 7:00 a.m. everyone was waking up and needing the bathroom facilities. The toilet had seem like it had low pressure the night before but in the morning it wouldn't even take down a little kleenex so my husband walked down to the front desk to get a plunger since we're the "do it yourself"ers and thought, "Why bother someone if all that's needed is a little plunging?" His plunging didn't help one bit. So he returned the plunger. A different man was at the desk. Now, the hotel was pretty much empty as this was during the week on the outskirts of Nashville and the rooms next to us were empty. We were planning on checking out that day at 11:00 a.m. so my husband asked if we could just have the key to the room next to us so we could just run in and use the toilet in that bathroom and he was told, "No" and that we'd have to wait until 8:30 a.m. when the plumber would arrive and after he got finished taking care of some other things he would get to us.

The only other bathroom that was offered was the one in the teeny tiny lobby that was right next to the front desk (the lobby and breakfast area is very very small). Well, I don't know about you, but the LEAST that I want in a hotel room is a private, not public, bathroom with a shower and working toilet. That alone set me off. I have managed medical practices for 16 years and I have other family members in management. Had this guy known anything about taking care of your patrons he would've handed over the key to the next room. That poor decision alone has now costed his establishment a 2 star rating from me and I will never stay there again. Thank God it wasn't the shower, with the way his attitude was he probably would've told us, "You can use the hose out back!"

Room Tip: To get the best room, stay a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank opinee8ed

Reviewed 23 July 2011

Stayed here for one night, location is not bad for downtown or Opryland. Rooms are a decent size but could be a little cleaner. Breakfast is at the lower end of the scale, even by cheap motel standards - muffins were still frozen in the middle. Not a bad place to stay, but you do get what you pay for and nothing more.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevlondon
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I booked this room on priceline so it was prepaid when I got there.....yet I had to pay an additional 5 dollars for having a child with me. When we arrived the room was extremely hot! The air conditioner did not work well at all........it took an hour and a half for the room to cool off. We arrived after dark and it seemed like we were in a questionable part of town. I was uncomfortable being outside after dark. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jessieng79
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Room and service was very good, I paid about $40 a night thru price line.com. Staff was very polite and small continnental breakfast was a nice touch. I will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Scottman13
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I used trip advisor to find this location and it really was a great stay while on business. Clean room, all the staff was friendly and helpful. Best bargain for the money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Eagleeye_7_7_7
Reviewed 8 July 2011

A friend and I stayed here for one night. After touring Nashville all day, we arrived late (around 10pm) and encountered no difficulty getting our reservation sorted and the key to our room.

Upside: Room appeared clean (sheets, towels, sink, bathtub etc). Heavy curtains to block out light (even headlights, as its a drive-up kind of hotel), zero airport noise, minimal noise other than the air conditioner.

Downside: Room smelled musty and stale. The shower pipes spewed rusty water for a few seconds before running clear- potentially a result of the room not being used recently? Complimentary continental breakfast was sparse, mini-doughnuts and mini-muffins, but you can't expect more for what they're charging. Wireless Internet worked but was of poor quality.

Overall, as a late-night resting point before continuing onto another city, this hotel was quiet and in a good location (in terms of highway traveling). Great for tourists looking to crash after a long day, but probably not sufficient for couples or families looking to spend quality downtime in a hotel room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sukoh
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I was pleasantly surprised. Blazing fast free internet 15mps download 4 mps upload. Clean, very clean, everything worked. I paid $54 total and was a ten minute car ride from downtown where going rate is $200 total a night. Located literally right next to a hooters,a shell gas station and a burger king. It is in the projects of Spanish Nashville and people were out at 2am. Yes it is semi near an airport. My room was small with no table

End result if your a single business guy on a budget and are willing to sacrifice a little you will save a lot!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business