“Excellent Value For The Money!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South

Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South
Ranked #87 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Randleman, North Carolina
“Excellent Value For The Money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for around a week at the end of July as we were job/apartment hunting around Nashville. We've been to Nashville several times, so we're pretty familiar with the different areas and the going rates for rooms. This hotel was EXACTLY what we were looking for: affordable, many amenities (mini-fridge, microwave, continental breakfast, wifi, HBO, king-sized bed, etc), and in a good location.
Some people might be put off by its proximity to the airport, and you can hear planes overhead at times during the day. But at night, with the air conditioner running, it's perfectly quiet.

Andy, at the front desk, is a great guy, and he was always very accommodating. Our room was cleaned every single day and we never had a problem with water pressure. We also had four lamps plus the fluorescent light over the sink in our room and never needed to have all of them on at once (so I really don't get the complaint about it being dark). For what you pay, you really get a lot with this hotel. I guess it depends on what your expectations are, but if you're a reasonable person (and not going to complain about the "duvet" in a $45 hotel room), you'll be glad you stayed there!

Room Tip: The check in process is very thorough (a good thing!) The more you specify when making your reserva...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank n8rockerasu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We were driving down to Florida and just needed an inexpensive and clean place to sleep for the night. This met our needs. The room we stayed in was clean and was inexpensive. When you pull up it doesn't look like much but if you just need somewhere to rest your head this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank waldmanenator
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

This was my first stay in an Americas Best Value Inn. The room was very nice with a small fridge and microwave. The rooms had been recently renovated and were very nice, very clean. I couldn't ever hear my neighbors. Close to the airport and there were a lot of places to eat close by. They did offer a continental breakfast in the mornings, but I had stocked my fridge with food, so I can't comment on the breakfast. There is a computer in the lobby for guest use, which is something I find in more expensive hotels. The staff were all very nice. I had no issues of any kind. This cost was very reasonable, a really good value for a nice room. This would be a good value for someone looking to not spend much money, but still be close to the airport and major roads. It is only 2 levels and the ground floor rooms could be used by wheelchairs, but I am not sure if any of the rooms are handicapped accessible. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank gomoreoften
Snow Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I honestly would've given this hotel and "Average" rating had my toilet worked but you'll have to read on to decided for yourself. I stopped here just for one night while I was enroute to a different state. I was like you I'm sure, just looking for a decent place to lay my head for a bit and save some money. I didn't expect much and that's what I got. The room is darker than the one in the picture that's up here. Much darker. The duvet looked dated, the carpet looked dirty, the air conditioner was musty smelling, and the bathroom was weird and looked like some unprofessional repairs had been done to it. Who care though, I expected that kind of stuff with the price I paid.

At check in the guy who was there was very personable and a jokester and that I really enjoyed. It really set me at ease and was pleasant surprise. HOWEVER THE NEXT MORNING......the next morning my family was suffering from bad food the night before. At 7:00 a.m. everyone was waking up and needing the bathroom facilities. The toilet had seem like it had low pressure the night before but in the morning it wouldn't even take down a little kleenex so my husband walked down to the front desk to get a plunger since we're the "do it yourself"ers and thought, "Why bother someone if all that's needed is a little plunging?" His plunging didn't help one bit. So he returned the plunger. A different man was at the desk. Now, the hotel was pretty much empty as this was during the week on the outskirts of Nashville and the rooms next to us were empty. We were planning on checking out that day at 11:00 a.m. so my husband asked if we could just have the key to the room next to us so we could just run in and use the toilet in that bathroom and he was told, "No" and that we'd have to wait until 8:30 a.m. when the plumber would arrive and after he got finished taking care of some other things he would get to us.

The only other bathroom that was offered was the one in the teeny tiny lobby that was right next to the front desk (the lobby and breakfast area is very very small). Well, I don't know about you, but the LEAST that I want in a hotel room is a private, not public, bathroom with a shower and working toilet. That alone set me off. I have managed medical practices for 16 years and I have other family members in management. Had this guy known anything about taking care of your patrons he would've handed over the key to the next room. That poor decision alone has now costed his establishment a 2 star rating from me and I will never stay there again. Thank God it wasn't the shower, with the way his attitude was he probably would've told us, "You can use the hose out back!"

Room Tip: To get the best room, stay a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank opinee8ed
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

Stayed here for one night, location is not bad for downtown or Opryland. Rooms are a decent size but could be a little cleaner. Breakfast is at the lower end of the scale, even by cheap motel standards - muffins were still frozen in the middle. Not a bad place to stay, but you do get what you pay for and nothing more.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kevlondon
Rock Springs, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I booked this room on priceline so it was prepaid when I got there.....yet I had to pay an additional 5 dollars for having a child with me. When we arrived the room was extremely hot! The air conditioner did not work well at all........it took an hour and a half for the room to cool off. We arrived after dark and it seemed like we were in a questionable part of town. I was uncomfortable being outside after dark. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jessieng79
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

Room and service was very good, I paid about $40 a night thru price line.com. Staff was very polite and small continnental breakfast was a nice touch. I will stay again!

• Stayed July 2011