“STRANGELOVE”

Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South
Ranked #94 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We now have stayed here over a dozen times and it has been just as good as the first time. We come to Nashville a few times a month for medical reasons and are on a tight budget. It's hard to find a good low cost and clean place to stay. This place has never let us down. It's clean,has good WIFI and more cable channels than the more expensive motels in the area. Close to freeway and many of the food places are in walking distance . Good price...Good stay !!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
andy1174, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear STRANGELOVE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms and reasonable prices. We hope that you stay with us again and let other guest know about us.

Regards-
Andy GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville Airport TN

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Checked into a room and instantly felt the room was generally dingy with many items in disrepair.

Shortly after getting into the room, we received a call from the front desk that they had to move us because someone was supposed to get an adjoining room. Since the room wasn't nice at all, I looked forward to a better room.

Unfortunately, we went from bad to worse. The next room had a Greyhound bus smell I assume was due to smoking and spills - even though it was supposed to be non-smoking.

The third and final room was basically the same smell. The sheets seemed clean but everything else was pretty horrible. I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

The disrepair included exposed wiring and holes in the walls. All three rooms needed major refurbishing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bdjtbenson
andy1174, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank You for sharing your experience with us. It's disappointing to learn that any of our guests are unhappy with their stay, but your willingness to share your recent stay is greatly appreciated. We take all of our guests comments and concerns seriously so please be assured that the issues that are raised are always addressed and the appropriate actions are taken with the entire staff. Our number one goal is to provide a clean comfortable room with dependable service to all of our guests at a reasonable price. Thank You again for taking the time to share your experience and concerns. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Despite Consumers Reports down-rating ABVI recently, my husband recently stayed at a few out west and found them to be clean and comfortable. So we booked a room for a night in Nashville and sadly came to agree with CR. After reserving a non-smoking room several days in advance, we were given one that almost knocked us back on our heels when we opened the door. Whenever an unmarked room is supposed to be non-smoking, but reeks of smoke, I hate to have to go back to the desk to ask for another room. The clerk usually says - well it's supposed to be non-smoking! Why on earth would I bother to go back up front and ask for another room if I didn't need to? Listen to me front desk clerks of the world - please take 2 minutes to walk down the hall and check the room before you assign it to a non-smoking guest. We're not making this up!!! (OK, I feel better now). Back to the motel description...the neighborhood is run-down and creepy, the building is old and the walls are thin so you can hear other guests laughing in the parking lot until the wee hours. We had arrived at 4 PM with few cars in the lot, yet the clerk said she could not switch our room. It was only because I got pretty crabby and insisted that I would be wheezing from asthma by morning in our "non-smoking" room, that we were finally reassigned. The new room was so tiny we had to step aside to pass each other. There were dim blue fluorescent bulbs in the dressing/shower area, the sink was stained, the walls and carpet were not clean and there was an acrid musty smell that lingered until we ran the AC for several hours. The bed bounced like a trampoline and we had headaches in the morning. Breakfast was a la Sam's Club. We ended up paying over $60 for a "budget" motel - but in the end, it was no bargain.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Verified
andy1174, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was a little nervous because it was such a great price, but it was very clean and comfortable, easy to get to, and the people who worked there were really great.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms and reasonable prices. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I went online and read the other review of this hotel and figured I would give it a try. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from downtown. It’s an older hotel and they have remolded some of the rooms. The lady that checked me in was very nice and very helpful. When I got to the room it was clean and that was the main thing I was looking for. The internet worked very good but in the beginning I did have issues with it due to the firewall on my computer. I called the front desk and she made a call and I received a call from their support team and he told me it had to be the firewall on my computer. After I fixed the firewall I had very good internet the rest of the trip. I did have some noise from airplanes landing or taking off but you will get that in all the hotels in the area. The only issue I had was my room didn’t get cleaned 1 day and another day it was around 4 before they cleaned my room. There are eating places within walking distance of the hotel and more across the interstate. When I check out the guy there was nice and helpful and told me to call them direct next time I make reservations and they will help me save more money. I only paid $42 a night when other hotels were near $100 or more and some were in the same area. It was a very good bargain for me since I was traveling alone and just wanted a clean place to shower and sleep because the rest of the time I was downtown for CMA fest. Yes I will stay there again and will recommend it to others when they need an inexpensive place to stay in Nashville.

Room Tip: it's a 15 minute drive from downtown but it's all interstate and not bad. it's inexpens...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jgibson287

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms and reasonable prices. We hope that you stay with us and please call us in advanced to make your future reservation.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The room was clean, comfortable and convenient. It was also overstuffed with furniture so if you're staying with other people, there will be some awkward maneuvering. 2 remotes with dying batteries, flat pillows.The hotel was next to loud, busy streets and the "neighborhood" was sketchy. Bars on a lot of the windows, gas station attendants behind thick glass, and some run down mercados and taco trucks and the like. Also, because it's a drive-up, be prepared for 3 a.m. drunken conversations outside your door. These are just some of the things that you put up with when you're looking for a bargain, which we were. For us, it was a place to shower and sleep and it worked.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ThisTimeItsPersonal
andy1174, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We had to find a room fast and cheap since our original plan to stay with friends fell through.
This is a great spot. 10-15 minutes to downtown and centrally located.
Rooms are clean and actually very quiet considering how close it is to the freeway.
Rooms include microwave, fridge, hair dryer, full range cable and fast WIFI... and good reading lights. Comfy beds, nice white sheets.
Free breakfast of muffins, toast, fruit, cereal, coffee and tea.
A great value, friendly owners.
We paid $50 for 2people/2 queens by calling the hotel directly.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for the best prices.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
andy1174, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Giddyup07,