“Park & Fly Beware...”

Courtyard Nashville Airport
Ranked #58 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because we would be venturing downtown. They had a shuttle that went downtown every hour and the last pick up downtown was 2:30am - $10 round trip; awesome!!! The two front desk gentlemen were great and very friendly. The rooms were clean and nice. We were traveling with another room and they said they would adjoin them but ending up putting them on the forth floor.
Just be careful if you are doing a park and fly; our car got broken into (while parked under a light, right outside a door) the last night we were there. I went to the front desk because I wanted to watch the parking lot video footage. THE HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE CAMERAS ON THE PARKING LOT! Very frustrating! What parking lot doesn't have cameras let alone a park and fly?!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Julie J
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your response. We are happy you were pleased with our easy access to Downtown Nashville and all that it has to offer, and hope you had an enjoyable time. We regret your trip was soured by the incident with your car. Incidents like this are extremely rare. We take guest safety and security very seriously and do all that we can to ensure a comfortable and worry free stay. We appreciate you staying with us on your trip to Nashville and hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed three times in one month at this hotel.

Hit—Close to the airport in a location with basic amenities (drugs stores, fast food) and only 10 minutes from Opry Mills. Prompt airport shuttle. Operations Manager and front desk helped when there was a change in travel plans. King room is a nice size. Nice lobby and lounge areas. Early breakfast during military drill weekend. I am not in the military but appreciated this gesture.

Miss—Despite renovations, the hotel is still a little dated in the non public areas. Walls are paper thin. You can hear conversations clearly through the room walls and the doors are loud. Not much of a private business center. The “Starbucks” is in name only. Twice I saw people return coffee and chi tea that was cold. And I once returned coffee once. One morning I ordered the dark and the next the Blonde roast. They tasted exactly the same. When I asked them to make sure they gave me the correct order, the attendant pointed to the carafe with the Blonde label and said she was shore I had the right thing. The label does not mean they actually brewed the correct coffee or put it in the correct carafe. I am not a big Starbucks fan, but do expect a higher level of service if this is supposed to be a Starbucks.

Tip—Overall, the rate with a free breakfast and Opry Mills coupon book is a good deal but note that their idea of a free breakfast is that you get to pick a breakfast sandwich with a drink from the Bistro menu.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony or patio which could be a security concern. Highest floor is 4th. RM...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. It is our goal to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable experience. Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our team to improve our service for all our guests. I hope that you will give us another opportunity during your next trip to Nashville.

Leslie Smith

Reviewed 12 March 2014

If you have stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott before, this is what it is. Nothing more and nothing less. It was comfortable, clean, offered good service, set up well for business, and had free WiFi and parking. No complaints. That said, the breakfast is not complimentary.

Being retired, for my type of travel, I enjoy Marriott's Fairfield Inns and TownPlace Suites a little better because they offer more for less. But I don't have a need to be pampered. It's simply a matter of preference. And I have come to trust all Marriott facilities generally speaking depending on what the nature of my travel is.

Room Tip: Nothing bad. It just seems like the more expensive that hotels are, the less complimentary things t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We went to Nash Bash Rugby and stayed here it was very clean and close to everything about 10 min. From middle of downtown. Rooms were clean and the bed were great one of the best night sleep I had in a hotel in a long time also a Starbucks in the lobby made my day.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor it the best for in and out to pool and exits
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fritokid
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We are delighted that you had a restful and relaxing stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Staff was awesome from the get go. Clean, refreshing rooms. It wasn't until the evening that we realized the walls were paper thin. I felt like the couple in the adjoining room were sharing the room with us. When they had their 30 seconds of pleasure around midnight, I wanted to tell them to get a room. Then I realized, they had a room. It took two phones set on the same white noise devise to drown out the dude's snoring after he took his lady to pleasure town. I woke up to more sounds of moaning. The couple in the room on the other side of ours had about 20 seconds of Morning delight. It might have been afternoon delight. The time change really messed me up.

Other than the adjoining room's moans, screams and snoring, the stay was great!

Room Tip: Noise Cancelling headphones or white noise machine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a mixed experience. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our well-appointed rooms and hotel staff, but we sincerely regret the evening disturbance you experienced. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign you one of our quieter, non-adjoining rooms.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for a weekend get away with my husband. Modern decor. Bed was comfy. The bristo was nice our room special included breakfast and we both had breakfast sandwich that was delicious and it came with a drink and small dish of fresh fruit. Would not have wanted to pay full price for the breakfast which was a little over 20.00 but since it only added 3.00 to the best room rate I was pleased with the deal. The Starbucks coffee was a plus. Service was A+

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan J

Thank you for your great comments and glad you had an enjoyable stay! We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Small room, paper-thin walls, from laughing to other sounds you can hear. Set off of a busy highway which makes it hard to get out of the hotel. Staff were nice and courteous, but the location and the room did not make it relaxing after work during my week long stay

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room or something bigger than there normal size - 10x15
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience. It is our top priority to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss further. Thank you again and I hope you will give us another opportunity during your next trip to Nashville.