“Good Price, Good Service, Easy Access”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Ranked #100 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 16 October 2012

In need of a good, clean, hotel near Nashville TN with easy access to I 40 or 240? This Hotel is for you. The staff were very helpful with recommendations for most any restaurant and the room was excellent. Will use again.

Room Tip: Call hotel for AAA or AARP discounts.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two days while attending an Army reunion. The facilities were nice and the fornt desk staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast everyday was hot and inviting. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bathrooms were spacious with plenty hot water. I was on the fourth floor and the wifi signal was strong. the bed was confortable and the selection of pillows were great. My wife liked the location because it was close to everything but not too close. The parking was close and convienient. All in all it was a great experience. I would recomend it......HAPPY TRAVELS!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Great stay, located above the highway where it's very quite, eggs and waffles for breakfast, convienent parking and a wonderful pool.... Hotel is located two blocks from the interstate.....Not a thing to complain about!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2012

A friend and I stayed here for 1 night recently. The room seemed okay for one night though nothing special. Unfortunately when returning to the hotel I was careless enough to leave my phone in the taxi that had picked us up downtown and returned us to the hotel. I asked the front desk if they could rewind the security tape that was displayed behind the desk to get a company name and perhaps a cab number and was told that a manager would be required to satisfy that request and none would be available until Monday. I talked to a supposed manager on Monday and was told that he would check the tape and get back to me. I have called this property three times since and cannot reach this manager and have yet to receive a call back. I don't think I was asking for too much of anybody in this case and yet I received nothing but frustration and excuses.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I checked in and was kind of dismayed at how run down the area was. Decided this was going to be an "iffy" type of stay. We were going to make sure our motorcycle was right outside our window so we could keep an eye on it. We had ridden 9 hours on our way to Florida and needed a hot shower to loosen up. When my husband got out of the shower, he was greeted by another "guest" in the room - a cockroach! We both saw it! That was all we could take. We went down to the desk to tell them and they didn't even seem surprised!! Only asked if it was in the living area or the bathroom. Did not get any type of apology. They did agree to refund the room (duh!) and we went down the road to Smyrna TN to a LaQuinta. We have stayed in Nashville many times in Mt. Juliet and it's beautiful there. What a difference a few miles makes! We did not want to stay there this time because we were going down I-24 and Mt. Juiet is on I-40. Needless to say, this Holiday Inn Express if OFF our list of places to stay in Nashville! Drive the few extra miles out to Mt. Juliet, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Dear Deb H,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the unusual condition of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 August 2012

The good: really lovely front desk clerk who went out of his way to welcome me.

The bad: room smelled dank and musty. TV had no sound on NBC so no Summer Olympics viewing. Wifi was weak to nonexistent and I was unable to connect to my office server because it kept dropping out. That is not acceptable for business travelers. I travel all the time and usually stay at Hamptons. The beds and bedding at Hamptons is much better than here. Found hair in my bathtub upon checking in. Ugh.

Surrounding area not great. Did not feel entirely safe at the Walfreens down the street due to a lot of unsavory characters loitering in the parking lot. No real good dining options near the hotel beyond Waffle House. Breakfast not up to par. Too many sugar cereals. OK, that last comment was nitpicking but how hard is it to get a healthy cereal out? I come to Nashville once or twice a year and usually stay closer to the airport for the same price I paid here. I will do that next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Clean rooms and friendly service. Just what we expected from Holiday Inn Express:)

• Stayed: June 2012