Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Ranked #96 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Independence, Kentucky, United States
“Wish there was a shuttle”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have stayed at a few Holiday Inn Express Hotels in Nashville or near it. I was expecting a free shuttle to downtown like the other ones. Even though this was a cheaper hotel compared to the ones in the heart of downtown, you still had to pay the extra money for the cab rides. Next time I will pay the extra money and stay downtown!

**Hotels downtown were through the roof with their rates due to the SEC Tournament. Stayed in March 2013.**

Room was clean, breakfast was good. If you are handicap, the entrance isn't accommodating and you would have to enter from the back to get to your room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erin N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Erin N,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. In this regard, I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The exterior pics of this hotel created the appearance of a newer modern hotel, but it is actually quite old, as evidenced by the tiny elevator and wiring conduits run here and there over the walls all through my room. I slept well and the bed was comfortable, although when I made my way down to breakfast at 9:45am it was already put away for the morning. I used points for my stay, as this HIE was the lowest points option when I stayed.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Stephanie J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank You for taking a moment to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. We valve all feedback both positive and constructive, so we have a opportunity to continually improve our services and property. I'm glad to hear you find the beds comfortable and slept well. I'm sorry to hear you did miss breakfast, Our breakfast hours here are 6:30AM to 9:30AM. Thanks again for your feedback and business. We hope to be service to you again in the near future if your travel plans bring you back to the Nashville area.

jed
Reviewed 21 August 2013

the hotel is nice ,clean and friendly staff.breakfast was good as all holiday inn express hotels.we are family with children and teenagers.they gave us avery big two connected rooms . the net was good .we was given what we paid for.

Room Tip: try to ask for rooms at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, 8 September 2013
I would like to Thank You for taking a moment to write a review about our hotel at Holiday Inn Express & Suites I-40/I-24 Nashville. Glad you found your stay enjoyable. We appreciate your business and comments. We hope if you are in the area again that you will come back and stay with us.

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Settled for this hotel instead of paying inflated Downtown prices and very content with the decision. The hotel was the standard HIE set up and was enhanced by friendly and professional staff at all levels. A hotel in Nashville is just for sleeping and refreshing so save your money for the fun things! The bonus of this location is that it took less than 10 minutes to drive to Downtown. Yes, it takes time to get to Opryland etc but again less time than from Downtown.

Our stay was a Saturday and Sunday and we found free easy long term on street parking on Broadway on both days.

A good reliable Holiday Inn Express with excellent staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I would like to Thank You for taking a moment to write a review about our hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites I-40/I-24 Nashville. Thank you for your stay. We are proud of our staff and there dedication to pleasing the guests. I'm glad to hear you found the staff friendly and professional. We appreciate your comments and business. We look forward to seeing you again, if you are in the area again.

california
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We booked our room ahead of time while driving to Nashville so when we missed our exit Roger the staff member at our hotel Hoilday Inn called us to make sure we didn't get lost then he stayed on the line with us when he gave us directions how to get back to the hotel .That is what I call great service .What a great guy. I recommed this place. For a safe location . Close to downtown . Plus great staff. The rooms were a good price to. We will new coming here in the furture.

• Stayed August 2013
I would like to thank you for taking a moment to write a review about our hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites I-40/I-24 Nashville. Every staff member strives to make every guest feel welcomed and Important and I'm glad to hear that Roger gave you great customer services. We will share the compliments with Roger. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Nashville area.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Just staying over one night in Nashville and needed a place close to downtown. This hotel worked out great. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and the location could not have been more convenient........I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SueH32
Stephanie J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, 9 September 2013
I would like to thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites I-40/I-24 Nashville. We Are glad to hear that you found are location convenient and the front desk to be Friendly. Thank you for your comments and your business. We hope to be service to you again in the future, if your travel plans bring you back to the area.

London, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The location could not have been any better, it is right off the highway and very convenient. Parking is free, and there is lots of spaces. Checking in was a breeze even though we were about 2 hours early, they had a rooms ready which was great. The rooms were nicely laid out and very cozy. The front desk staff were extremely nice and very helpful! Our room was on the 4th floor, which had the most comfortable beds. Seeing how it didn't have a fridge we asked the front desk to bring us one, and within 10 minutes, a fridge and microwave were brought up, talk about amazing service. The pool was open and relatively clean and was a great spot to just chill. The breakfast area was better then a lot of hotels that I have been to, it was very clean and it had a lot of stuff (pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls, coffee, juice, biscuits and gravy). There isn't much around the hotel expect for a Waffle House and a few gas stations, to get to a grocery store is about a 5 minute drive which isn't bad at all. Taxis to downtown usually are around $12-$15. If I ever stay in Nashville again this will be the spot to pick! This hotel was great value, and the room was very clean. When your down in Nashville, don't forget to check out the Country Music Hall of Fame, and Broadway Street!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking a moment to do a review about our hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites I-40/I-24 Nashville. Thank you for the wonderful Review. Are housekeeping staff strives to make every guest room feel like a home away from home and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room and that are friend desk provided great customer service. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to be service to you again in the future if your travel plans bring you back the Nashville area.