Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Ranked #93 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
“Very helpful staff!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel may not be the newest, but it is well-maintained and has excellent staff. Tony was so helpful with a prepared sheet of directions to downtown. Sheet had many other places listed with detailed directions
also. Breakfast hostess was very friendly and helpful. Would recommend new firm pillows. Those in firm pillowcases were very soft.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Wolerj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Alvarado, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2014

While it is an older hotel, it was clean and had some upgrades. There was not any musky odors like you sometimes have in older hotels. Easy access to the downtown entertainment and freeways. I would stay again.

Room Tip: We only stayed one night, this was just the first leg of our trip to KY. Easy access from airport an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ohio Amish Country, Ohio
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We attended a conference downtown on 6th ave s. Easy travel down Murfreesboro. Excellent staff. Very pleasant and courteous. Front desk attendants were helpful with directions. Our room was very clean and staff even left a light on for our evening return. Breakfast was excellent. The cinnamon rolls were very tasty. Breakfast area was very clean as well. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 4 February 2014

8 minutes from downtown – easy commute right off highway. Not your typical Holiday Express. This hotel is in great need of a makeover. Rooms are dark and tired. Beds and pillows lack comfort. The room had an odd smell. Almost like someone had poured bleach everywhere. My husband had to drop me off around 4pm due to a meeting conflict. While waiting for him to return, I listened to a dog barking across the hall. There were also several cleaning people loudly banging around. For the total cost of $133 I would have stayed somewhere else. Like I said the only good thing was location. My first trip to Nashville and I was happy to return to Athens.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank snowless2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear snowless2013,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked our location. However, we regret your stay with us was not up to your standards. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I will say that this hotel is trying, but it is very tired. I was given the handicapped suite, but while it was clean, it lacked any feeling of comfort. The room was dark, run down, and felt like it was stuck in the 1970's. The hotel was also not near any decent restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Flolo86
hexsnash2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane). Our team appreciates all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to improve our service and facilities for our guests.
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and/or discomfort you encountered. We are working on replacing some of our lighting to improve the darkness of the room.
Although we are not walking distance from many restaurants, we are 4.5 miles from downtown, and 5 miles from over 60 restaurants.
We hope to have another opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel property.
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013

If you want a decent hotel at a location that is very convenient to the Nashville Airport, Downtown Nashville and the Opryland area, this is the place for you. It is literally right off the intersection of I-24, I-440 and I-40. There is plenty of parking and the immediate area appears to be safe. The rooms were very nice and roomy. This is not a brand new facility but is well-maintained. They do have a nice roomy breakfast area and the lady in charge of the area does a wonderful job of keeping it clean and well-stocked. She even held the door for us as we left. Its those nice extras that make a good impression.

Room Tip: Get a room that is closer to Spence than the interstate for something a bit quite.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
hexsnash2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, 2 December 2013
On behalf of my team at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville-I-40&i-24(Spence Ln), thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We would also like to sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your hotel of choice away from downtown. Your positive feedback about our breakfast host is well deserved and appreciated. We have a team of shinning stars that literally go above and beyond to ensure all our guests are completely satisfied.
I look forward to welcoming your return to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville-I-40&i-24(Spence Ln) in the near future.
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Short drive to downtown. Only one elevator that is slow. Hotel was clean and nice, but a little dated. Large room with king bed was great. Breakfast pancakes are very good. Front desk was helpful and great attitude.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
hexsnash2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville-I-40&i-24(Spence Ln). We would also like to sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your hotel of choice away from downtown.
I am glad you enjoyed our quickcakes pancake machine and our complimentary breakfast.
Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us. Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our beautiful city.