“Ambience is GREAT! and friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Drake Motel
Ranked #117 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Russellville, AR
“Ambience is GREAT! and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

For some local color that was a great suprise you MUST go to the Drake. I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were so quaint and clean. I was told about the famous people that stayed here. They have their autographed pictures in the lobby.... although they wouldn't tell me when, lol, I was told that a couple of music videos are scheduled to be 'shot' here this summer!!!

I travel a lot so the Drake is now on my stopping list in Nashville! Rates are way below the downtown hotels but is only about 5 minutes from downtown. Had a fridge and a microwave. As it was not open yet, I did not get to utilize the pool but it looked very clean even for the middle of March!!

Room Tip: Tell them you want to stay where the stars stay!!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

For a single person on a budget, this place is certainly worth the place to stay. While it is central to alot of places, you know you can explore and still come back and settle in for the night. Staff were friendly and always willing to help. Thumbs up!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

Hookers, crackheads all hanging outisde - room stank, blood on sheets, someone had peed in the corner, toiletl literally full of crap and the door had been kicked in and bodged - the owners are crooks getting back handers from the hookers and crackheads and the staff no better told us a really quiet not rouble area! They are thieves took our money and did not care they were letting oblivious tourists stay in hell and that their lives were in danger. We were lucky got out after1 hour - hope that $45 they stole from us makes them truly happy. But on a brighter note - leaving there we got to stay in a lovely place called Manchester .
Do yaself a favour if you value your life stay well clear, Ash, Peter, Lisa and Amanda all in it together!!!! Disgusting human beings the are!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Goona_10

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Statesboro, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2010

I would like to start by saying that my boyfriend and I are students who like to travel, and are used to cheap hotels and motels. We're not very picky..

BUT!! DO NOT STAY AT THE DRAKE MOTEL!!

It's the worst place I've been to. We got a non-smoking room, that smelled like old cigarettes and dirt. Everything was really dirty. Bed linen was dirty and stained, and I got a head ache from the cigarette smelling bed. My boyfriend was sleeping with his clothes on, with his jacket as a blanket. The bed linen had cigarette burn holes and something that looked like blood stains. The bathroom was disgusting. The area around the motel is really scary!! The internet would not work.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisanna85
Middleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

We happened upon the Drake Inn one night and weren't too sure of the area at first. As we were registering with Lisa at the front dest, we got to chatting and never laughed so hard. We will never forget how funny Lisa was and how personable she was with us. We really got excited when we found out that some movies and music videos were filmed there. There is aparently a lot of history with this motel with several celebrities. We were even able to stay in room 107 which is where they filmed a movie with Sandra Bullock and River Phoenix around back in 1993. We just finisheed watching "The Thing Called Love" and got really excited every time we saw the Drake Inn in the movie.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasper3335
Jefferson City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

Staff was ok and polite.
Sheets/blankets/pillowcases all had cigarette burn holes in them, but they were at least clean. Coffee in the morning. Might have once been where the stars stayed in the '50s and 60s', but not any in a long time. I don't expect 4 stars out of a budget hotel, but it was the worst in our budget trip across 7 states in 2 weeks. First choice was another hotel, but it was full. Called here to see if there was a vacancy.
Had a coupon for $29.99 for the night, cost was $45. Looks at the receipt. showed $29.99 ($30) as the price and then added 2 taxes of $7.50 each. Even Orlando/Kissimmee's 'tourist taxes' aren't that bad at hotel... Possible 'Scam' taxes.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank zorvalachan
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

well as most i found this in the coupon savings book o find at the rest stops, My adventure start just driving though the parking lot. I was with my husband and 2 year old grand daughter. Saw shady peeps hanging out all over the place on the right side of rooms. We were asked by a older man if he could get some smokes from me so i gave them 2 and went on my way, i spent the next 2 hours looking out the window watching my van, to find a young black male hanging out and checking to see what was in my car. needless to say i was pissed over this and then had an uneasy feeling and something telling me to get the hell out of there. so told my husband was calling the front desk to ask for a partial refund and they told me no. so we through our stuff together to find a roach crawling on the wall. Yeap will never stay there again and i am out the 50 bucks but to have a safe place for my grand daughter is more then worth it. we are staying in Kentucky if that tells you anything.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family