“My Overall View~”
Review of Drake Motel

Drake Motel
Ranked #116 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This was a business trip I had a few weeks ago...I work for the music industry. Came to Nashville to film a video..The Front Desk/Amanda was very helpful..I hate to hear she is leaving that is a great gal there! And the Maintenance tech/Adrian got things done in a flash..That I completely appreciate...had a problem with the commode. This is where the problem came in to play...some residence there..not guests/they live there from Indiana..a man and his wife..saw me at the pool and came over to converse, not a problem..I thought. Until they asked me for money to get back to Indiana, his medicine or something like that. Hell I will give my shirt off my back to someone who is worthy. I caught her going through my personal belongings! I will draw the line there!...I hope the manager got rid of that couple...they were living there FREE off another...hate it for that person. I will stay there again...The Drake has great music history!..But people like that couple..PLEASE! Dark comes to Light ..ALWAYS!

Room Tip: Make sure that couple from Indiana is NO longer there..and YOU will have a fantastic time! Has at th...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Drake Motel

Reviewed 15 September 2011

From the street the Drake is a beautiful 50's era motor court. Unfortunately there weren't any rooms in that part even though we arrived at 2pm the and the parking lot was empty. We got put into one of the back buildings along the alley where apparently the residents stay. Our no smoking room had ashtrays, not a good sign. The furniture is broken, room smells, etc. We were told to park our motorcycles near the front door "just to be sure". Don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Jwhacks
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We rented the room thru --------(which was a joke)! We got there and went thru our routine of checking for bed bugs and low and behold we found them!!!! My friend went to the bathroom and roaches were crawling around!!! We left. We stopped at the front desk and they would not refund our money!! I will get my money back!! Better business bureau here I come!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank wendy m
Reviewed 24 July 2011

it is an older motel but its been remodeled & is very clean. would stay there again. its very affordable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jonvon78
Reviewed 16 May 2011

great time everyone friendly ,nice and helpful!!my huband and myself very much enjoyed our stay at the drake motel in nashville tn!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2011

For some local color that was a great suprise you MUST go to the Drake. I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were so quaint and clean. I was told about the famous people that stayed here. They have their autographed pictures in the lobby.... although they wouldn't tell me when, lol, I was told that a couple of music videos are scheduled to be 'shot' here this summer!!!

I travel a lot so the Drake is now on my stopping list in Nashville! Rates are way below the downtown hotels but is only about 5 minutes from downtown. Had a fridge and a microwave. As it was not open yet, I did not get to utilize the pool but it looked very clean even for the middle of March!!

Room Tip: Tell them you want to stay where the stars stay!!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2011

For a single person on a budget, this place is certainly worth the place to stay. While it is central to alot of places, you know you can explore and still come back and settle in for the night. Staff were friendly and always willing to help. Thumbs up!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo