“It's the motel with the police car in the parking lot”
Review of Drake Motel

Drake Motel
Ranked #119 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were intrigued by this classic 60s motel, still with its vintage sign that boasts 'where the stars stay.' How could we not be charmed? Plus, it was St Patrick's day weekend, the beginning of Spring break, and the local hockey team were playing, so all the other Nashville hotels were booked or 300$ a night.

Don't stay here! The room was dirty and worn (see photos) and the other guests are permanent, or weekly, residents. On Saturday evening our taxi driver asked us why in the world we were staying here, and when he dropped us off there was a police car, lights flashing, in the parking lot. The police would return throughout the weekend. On Sunday a guy got beat up in the parking lot.

Nightmare!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank marylouinaix

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We arrived here mid afternoon after reading the motel advertising in a voucher magazine we picked up at the tourist office. After checking in we dropped our bags off in the room. It looked tatty and worn but we had to get to the Opry so we just left. On returning later that evening I opened the door, turned on the light and saw COCKROACH'S scatter every where!! We grabbed our bags and left. The check in clerk would not give us a refund as we had been booked in for longer than 20 minutes. The place is definitely NOT to be recommended under any circumstance. One word to describe the place is "YUCK".

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Deckerdriver
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Booked in for three nights, left after the first one after finding a used crack pipe in the bed. The place was filthy, surrounded by dodgey characters & constantly noisy throughout the night. Sirens going, doors slamming, shouting, no sleep was had, not to mention the unwelcome addition of the bedbugs. You wouldn't feel comfortable here unless you are a crack head, a dealer or a complete scumbag. Steer clear....oh yeah, and the staff were really unhelpful, no refund for the lost nights.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank MandyLaC2013
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We checked into the drake after a long drive and wanted to see Nashville and split as we only had one day to stay. we got in around 2PM, basically threw our stuff into the dingy/ugly room and split. we saw it wasn't the best looking room around but needed a place reasonably priced. we should have looked MUCH more closely. we had a microwave, refer. big flat screen TV (old style) and Jacuzzi, we didn't use the rest room etc. we returned well after dark. we got in and went to fill the Jacuzzi, the water faucet was super loose and it dripped, no big deal. I could live with that. we hit the bed after the tub.
the bed when laid in formed a "V" both sides sank into the middle, no firmness to the mattress at all, the sheets had holes in them, I still didn't care we were dead tired. I woke up about two hours after falling asleep only to arise to roaches on the headboard, in the bathroom and on the Jac. tub. It was like the room from hell. the TV set had a distorted picture on it, clearly not even close to clear, the remote never worked for the TV set, I had to manually change channels. we left the hotel after a two hour stay, when we checked out I clearly stated in words not proper for print the room was loaded with cockroaches the desk clerk, didn't say one word. he knew the place was roach ridden. I've saw the other reviews, but none have the pictures to prove it's a nice place. I also saw the trip advisor logo/decal proudly placed in the front window, TRIP should ask that it be removed.
I WOULD NOT, REPEAT WOULD NOT suggest this dumpy place to anyone.
I could go on and on, but anyone should get my drift!!!!

Room Tip: GO ELSEWHERE, rooms on the other end of town are most likely cleaner
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank cool_guy2
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We read that the motel offers newly renovated, our room definitely wasn't, old dirty carpet, old mattress/bed and bathroom. We asked for a non-smoking room, the sign on the door did so indicate, however the room smelled like people smoked a lot in it. We wouldn't recommend thus hostel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank RMSUtrecht
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My husband & I were in town for a concert & basically needed a place to sleep. I realize we were very lucky to book a room on the inside by the pool & close to the office. He booked the room online & I read the reviews afterward. I have a nice car & I was so worried it would be broken into that I completely cleaned it out before our arrival. The room was a king suite. It's an old place but as I already mentioned we definantly got in one of the nicer rooms. It was as clean as an old place could be. We checked for bedbugs & bugs & found no evidence (although I litterally still brought in all of our clothing & put it on the hottest setting on my dryer afterward) when we arrived it was mid day & everything seemed pretty normal. We checked in, looked at our room & walked downtown. In retrospect I'm surprised we walked although we didn't have any trouble. I'm positive we walked past a prositute leaving the hotel. On the walk we past liquor stores, gun & ammo shops & the projects. The area is rundown & dirty & you would not want to walk at night but it is very close to downtown, about a two mile walk. That night we caught a cab ride back to our room & got in without being bothered by anyone. About 2:30 in the morning our neighbors were making a lot of noise... There seemed to be an array of moods coming from the room including anger & laughter & my husband swore he heard a man telling someone that she " better get his money" we figured they were high on drugs & they never slept & kept us awake for hours. We could even hear the shower. Finally they calmed down & we were able to get some rest. The next morning we showered, the bathroom was just fine & adequately clean. The towels were old & tiny. As we left the next morning we saw a lot of scetchy activity & got a look at the loud women from next door who looked down & out & like they had not slept in weeks. One was peering at us & I figured she was probably pretty confused as to why people like us were there. People were standing around with their doors open & my husband didn't even want to get out of the car to return the card key! I finally got a look at the side of the inn & there were grills pulled into the parking lot. I absolutely would have never stayed on that side. The place is old & I can accept that but the area & its tenants are right down rough & scary. I will never stay at the Drake inn again!

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank marzmom2001
Reviewed 28 November 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
Our room was dirty and had BED BUGS and when I asked the manager for a refund he refused saying he couldn't see any bedbugs in the room, even though I was covered in bites!
Terrible service.