“Unforgetable!!!”

Ranked #116 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Hartford, WI
“Unforgetable!!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2007

My boyfriend and I rented a uhaul going from Georgia to Wisconsin. We were tired and wanted to stop in Nashville. We wanted to find a place with a jacuzzi and the Drake Motel advertised rooms with a jacuzzi so we decided to stay there. We thought although it may be old, it advertised newly renovated rooms. How bad can it be, right? Wrong.
First the Uhaul truck would not fit under their awnning. Although it was late at night the hospitality of the staff at check in was a little dull....to say the least.
The only nice thing about the place was that they had us park the uhaul truck between two cameras....for a good reason. As you will read in the other reviews the extended stay guests are something you see out of a cops.
I am not sure what was "newly renovated". They key cards were from Comfort Suites. The Jacuzzi room was actually two rooms that they tore down a wall to make one room...not a bad idea IF done nicely. The room was not clean at all. There were cigarette burns everywhere...carpeting and bathroom counters. There were cob webs all over on the ceiling. There were things left behind by other guests (rubberband in the bathroom). There was not a remote for the tv. Of the mirrors that were cleaned, it was only partically cleaned...I guess they felt that wiping part of the mirror was good enough. There were caps, napkins, straws behind the microwave. Everything looked run down, no drain stoppers in the sink, wall paper coming apart in the shower. I was worried that if they didn't take the time to clean the whole mirror, how much time did they take to clean the jacuzzi which probably at one point had "paid escort" activity in it.
We are not normally picky people except when it comes to our health and safety. We are the type that we make the most of what we are given. After much hesitation, we "at our own risk" did use the jacuzzi and so far no diseases..."crossing our fingers".
For the quality of the Drake Motel, $80 could have been spent somewhere else where we would have been ensured a good nights sleep.
Lastly, personally, I don't care what star stayed there. But I am curious as to what the movies and music videos used the hotel as....was the music video about a guy who got kicked out of his place and only had $20 bucks to get a room??
Sorry I didn't take pics....wasn't worth the memory in my camera.

• Liked — Security cameras in the parking lot
  • Disliked — dirty!
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank FishingGirl26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Stevenson,Alabama
Reviewed 13 June 2006

We stayed at the Drake ,because I was in town for Fan-Fare and the hotel I normally stay at was booked.I also did a motel search and this was the closest motel I could find.When we got in town to the motel the outside appeared decent enough,it appeared to be old,but i thought that I could live with that.When we went to our room,again, I thought it appeared to be old but I thought again I can live with that.The people around this hotel were totally scary!,across the street there were several thug looking guys standing on the corner drinking whiskey from a paper bag.I could clearly tell I was in a bad neighborhood,but I thought oh well,it's my only choice and also it's only for one night.We went downtown to check out the fan-fare,and returned to our room around 2:00 AM.We got ready to go to bed ,only to be wakened by several small bugs crawling on my bed!I was horrified!!!I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to shake out my clothes.I was mortified at the thought of getting back into that bed!!!I'm not sure if these were bedbugs!!but whatever they were I don't want them in my bed!I spent the rest of the night in the floor leaning against the wall with my pillow on my knees!!A short time later I was about to doze off only to be awakened again,this time by a cockroach crawling up my leg!!I have stayed in many motels in my life and this one by far is the worst ever!!!

• Stayed June 2006

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Reviewed 17 April 2006

I've stayed at the Drake a number of times since I first stayed there in 1972. I've always found it good value,and never had any problems.I also usually see and speak to the owner who used to live in the UK and he always speaks to me as I'm from Scotland.
There is a bus stop outside,takes you to downtown or going the other way out to the mall.I didn't have a car so the buses were ideal.Plenty of fast food nearby.
There was an episode on Cops where they arrested pros from the motel next door which is now closed down.I never saw any unsavoury characters at the Drake. Next time I'm in Nashville the Drake is where I'll be.

• Stayed November 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 October 2005

Ok, so it was on COPs, but what hasn't been these days? And there might be some unsavory characters about but hey, apparantly that doesn't matter to WILLIE NELSON, does it??? Conveniently located across from a discount beer and cigarette outlet and down the street from many more, the Drake has many positive things to offer. Offering top quality vending and (FREE!) ice service, the Drake takes care of all your dining needs and then some. There is also a plethora of McDonalds and Jack-in-the-Boxes placed along Murfreesboro Rd. for those of you on a slightly higher budget. The in-room microwaves allow for noticeably warm meals and the refridgerators let you stock up on plenty of beer readily available at any of the aforementioned outlets. Crack open a cold one by their luxurious swimming facilities and enjoy the beautiful Tennessee weather. So when you look at this glorious motel and think to yourself that you want to stay somewhere else, ask yourself if you are better than Willie Nelson, because you're not...

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2004

We recently booked hotel rooms for a group of teenagers visiting colleges in Nashville at the "Airport Drake Inn" and found out that it's real name was the Drake motel.

The listing is quite deceptive by listing this property as a first class hotel when it is actually a motel for transients.

The property was also listed with 3 stars and incorrectly states:
•TV with remotes when no room we stayed in had a remote
•Modem/Data ports when there are none in any rooms
•Children under 17 year old stay free (when we were charged for all children regardless of age)
•Hair Dryer when no room had one and none were available at the desk
•24-hour security when prositutes and drug dealers performed transactions throughout the day (the Nashville police called the place "Dangerous")
The place was a dump with out lights in the bath room of most rooms (a lamp was placed on the sink for occupants to see).

The property also refused to change the room we had for a group of teenage girls even though their door would not lock or stay closed (it could be pushed open). Even though the Nashville police came and insisted to the property management that it was dangerous and unsafe to have teenage girls in a room with a door that did not close (we had to switch them to another room while putting and adult male in the room).

Double locks did not work in the rooms.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
clotzio
Reviewed 3 November 2004

I was walking to my room and I bumped into this guy with long hair. I thought he Was some old hippy vagrant. Then I did a double take! It was the red headed stranger himself, Willie Nelson. He said he always stays at the Drake. He signed an autograph and we hung out for a while. Unforgettable!!!!!!

1 Thank clotzio
Reviewed 27 October 2004

I'd like to know what stars stayed there as they would certainly go down in my estimation!

I chose the hotel from a brochure, the price was cheap and I thought it must be ok as "stars stay there" Upon arrival my opinion soon changed, 2 nights there was 2 nights to much!

Apart from the dodgy charachters hanging around the motel, the room was very unsatisfactory, cracked window with sellotape over the crack, strong stale smell in the room, carpet covered in cigerrette burns (this in a no smoking room!)

I was travelling alone, and had stayed in some dodgy areas in New Orleans and Mississippi but this was by far the worst motel.

• Stayed October 2004