“not quite bad enough for 1 star”
Review of Drake Motel

Drake Motel
Ranked #116 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Jefferson City, Missouri
“not quite bad enough for 1 star”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Staff was ok and polite.
Sheets/blankets/pillowcases all had cigarette burn holes in them, but they were at least clean. Coffee in the morning. Might have once been where the stars stayed in the '50s and 60s', but not any in a long time. I don't expect 4 stars out of a budget hotel, but it was the worst in our budget trip across 7 states in 2 weeks. First choice was another hotel, but it was full. Called here to see if there was a vacancy.
Had a coupon for $29.99 for the night, cost was $45. Looks at the receipt. showed $29.99 ($30) as the price and then added 2 taxes of $7.50 each. Even Orlando/Kissimmee's 'tourist taxes' aren't that bad at hotel... Possible 'Scam' taxes.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zorvalachan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 17 October 2010

well as most i found this in the coupon savings book o find at the rest stops, My adventure start just driving though the parking lot. I was with my husband and 2 year old grand daughter. Saw shady peeps hanging out all over the place on the right side of rooms. We were asked by a older man if he could get some smokes from me so i gave them 2 and went on my way, i spent the next 2 hours looking out the window watching my van, to find a young black male hanging out and checking to see what was in my car. needless to say i was pissed over this and then had an uneasy feeling and something telling me to get the hell out of there. so told my husband was calling the front desk to ask for a partial refund and they told me no. so we through our stuff together to find a roach crawling on the wall. Yeap will never stay there again and i am out the 50 bucks but to have a safe place for my grand daughter is more then worth it. we are staying in Kentucky if that tells you anything.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sharontwo55

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

new orelans
Reviewed 1 October 2010

supposed to be a hotel where the stars stay alot of musicians and friends type thing going on there, i remember the rooms are roomy, a fun place to stay on a low budget like a b-movie this place was fun. Nice lobby and easy goin staff. no too much hype.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Fall Branch, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We recently made 3 trips to Nashville to bring my dad to Vanderbilt University Hospital for some medical procedures. We had to stay overnight on the last two trips. Our stay at the Drake was wonderful! Very friendly, courteous staff; the rooms were great. Would definitely stay again, and would recommend to friends.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I went to check in, and the workers were lounging in chairs on either side of the desk and made it VERY awkward when I walked in. It was a huge chore for them to actually stand and go to the computer. Then the office was locked so they didn't have my registration information and had to call the manager and we had to wait for him to get there to retrieve our info. They had 2 rooms, I asked for the best one, and we ended up in a room smelling of a cat that pissed on the floor and then died in the air conditioner. There was trash on the floor and empty beer boxes in the closet. I made them aware of the situation and they began explaining their strict 24 hour cancellation policy. That doesn't excuse the way the room was. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank sachelpohl
Philadelphia
Reviewed 11 May 2010

The Drake Motel is great if you are in Nashville on a budget. There is a liquor store across the street, which makes for great convenience. You can stay up, and be as loud as you want. It has a pool, which did it's job (being a pool). You also will met some interesting characters... most of which will need bus money to get back to their kids/family/job. It is 10 minutes from the strip in Nashville, so the cab ride was cheap.

We were looking for a place to lay our heads in between all the boozing. The Drake did that job, on the cheap! I would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
3974 Belmor Pl Olive Branch, Ms
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I stayed at the Drake Inn for only one night and I'm ashamed to let people know I did that.
It's in a really seedy area first of all and worse than that it's just a dive ran by thug's.I was on a buisness trip to Nashville two week's ago and I saw the website.Needing a place close to the downtown area I drove over.I started once not to even check in when I got a live closeup view of the place but what the hey you cant beat 60$ and it's noy like my Wife and kid's were with me.The Rooms are absoulutley filthy and overran with roaches and what I was told were either bed bugs or fleas so I had to sleep on the floor,NO ROOM SERVICE, and that Pool of thier's has something growing in it.Several really shifty looking charecter's were aparently attempting to sell me drug's.One of them even said he was the Maintenance guy there of all thing's.And to beat all some little obese,Ill mannered blond tied to charge me for a remote that the batteries were dead in.They require a 10$ deposit for and as I tried to explain to her,The MOG didn' have any batteries after I'd taken it to my room to watch TV and sleep on the floor the night before.Oh and uh by the way this portly little blond also informed me they were out of "[--]" Coffee that they had some in the slum across the street.Why go over there and get muged?So I drove away from this nightmare and I'll never be back.Please people do yourself a favor and overlook thier webpage.It's a trap. I assure you there's a reason this place is constantly on cop show's!!Thank you

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business