“Horrible, Horrible”

Ranked #133 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Horrible, Horrible”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We booked through Hotwire so I didn't know what hotel I was getting until after I paid and wouldn't have gone here since it's not the safest area. We got there and they charged us $7 more for a non-smoking room (which I know I requested) but paid it and went to the room and it stunk of stale smoke. We turned our key back in immediately and left and lost the money we paid for this room. I'd never recommend this dirty stinky hotel or hotwire.com since you can't get a refund if the hotel is bad.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel...dirty and smelly rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MAB200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbus Ohio
Reviewed 8 September 2011

staff acted as if bothered by having to assist guests. think its a "family run" hotel as the check inn clerk was from india as was the lil elderly man that LIVED in the corner room and was also the NON ENGLISH SPEAKING housekeeper.on sun morning he was in parking lot wrapped in a towel waving incense and praying.no threat of danger but abit unusual. thought i had left something in my room and when i rang the hotel i was told i would have to ring in the am as the OTHER clerk is the only one the housekeeper under stood.GLAD I WASNT IN NEED OF EMERGENCY HELP. nothng to do around hotel but bus stop in basically in hotel parking lot, a plus for me. bkfast was toast a bag of donuts and coffee.run down but i was only there to shower and sleep. you get what you pay for. did have a mini fridge and microwave

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MSRGREER
Nashville
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Welcoming staff that makes service mean something in "customer service." Efficient and quick check-in, good facilities and clean room!

Room Tip: Nothing extravagent, but clean and no discrepancies with the facilities
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Nashville, Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2011

for the price, pound for pound, an excellent stay. i travel all over the tenn/ky area and i have for the last 7 yrs been staying here. i have traied other, but i always return to here. the rooms are clean, spacious, and affordable. it is close to downtown with a range of resturants nearby. when my coustomer have to come to nashville for training, i have repeatedly told them about rodeway.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank william s
Philadelphia
Reviewed 14 June 2010

This place is disgusting. There are holes in the walls, holes in the floors, there is a repulsive spicy smell in the office, there is NO water pressure in the shower, the shower head is so low we had to bend over just to wet our hair, the television was broken, AND....drumroll please....we found ROACHES on the walls crawling around. They must live in the walls, with all the holes in the walls they have plenty of room to crawl around while you sleep. I thought I was saving money by getting a cheaper hotel, but I've officially learned the "you get what you pay for" lesson here...and next time, I will spend that extra $ to not stay at the ROACHway Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xoriginalcinx

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Tennissee
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Like many, I am a father forced by work circumstances to dwell far from home and family, but the staff at Rodeway Inn, Nashville have done what they could to make it more bareable. The rooms are comfortable, the staff courteous, and the price excellant. More than a place to lay your head, it can be a place to relax and unwind.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 26 September 2007

I stayed here and the room I had was clean. There was a problem with the internet instructions but by 10:00 pm I was online.

I reserved this room online printed the reservation. My one complaint was that the front desk charged me 5$ more then there internet. After checking in to the room another guest tried to get into the room thinking it was his. Almost took the door down. Scared the daylights out of me--no sleep the first night.
There were some communication problems. And no alarm clock.

All and all it was ok.

• Liked — large room clean
  • Disliked — no alarm clock, internet problems. no frills
  • Stayed September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Free2travelusa