“Don't be fooled by the nice lobby”

Loews Vanderbilt Hotel
Ranked #9 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stamford, Connecticut
“Don't be fooled by the nice lobby”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

The hallways and guest rooms are all old and outdated. The room service was terrible. Ordered a simple Cobb salad. First it came without dressing. the chicken was disgusting the avocados were brown. They microwaved the bread. I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Autumn M
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your poor dining experience at the Loews Vanderbilt in October, but we do appreciate your feedback. We are planning to update our guestrooms in the future, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest and renew your faith in our hotel.
Tony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Greenwich, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Loews Nashville used to hold special meaning - it's where I stayed before I moved in Freshman year. Now it's special for another reason. The lobby renovation is complete. The rooms are.... I don't know because when I showed up tonight they told me they had a problem with the rooms. Not "I am sorry sir but we are overbooked". But "we have experienced a problem with our rooms." So instead I am staying out at the airport (I just came from here) A hotel I have never heard of that is not as nice as chains half the cost of Loews. The night manager gave me the managers card and suggested I call him. I did. He said he was out of the country and unaware of any issue. I sent a picture of my new room to his email but I am sure the cigarette burns don't show up or the noise. I hope the other dozen or so people that were rebooked did better than I did. Maybe they got into the Hutton or some place nice. Thanks Lowes for the cab fare. How do I get back the 90 + minutes wasted back n forth. Not to mention the aggravation and difference in quality.

5 Thank R L
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your visit to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in October. It is always upsetting to be unable to accommodate our guest due to an oversold situation. I apologize that you did not receive comparable accommodations. Please contact me directly at tphillips@loewshotels.com, and I will assure our team makes it up to you during a future stay if you would give us the opportunity.
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Arrived very tired at 9am (way before usual check in) but I had been flying since 4am...Jayne was wonderful in helping me an available room. While I waited I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Food was very good, service was great! I recommend the pimento cheese grits. Total wait time was abut 30 min, arrived in very clean, spacious room; towels well stocked, snacks/drinks available in room but I did not partake. I was here on a big college football day; there is a GIGANTIC TV in the bar area where I enjoyed several games and drinks in a great atmosphere! I had a minor housekeeping glitch that was resolved QUICKLY! Only recommendation would be for management to follow lead of other chains who offer $$ vouchers if you do not have your room cleaned or no additional towels during stay.

4 Thank owb72
Thank you for your kind words about your stay in October. I am happy to hear Jayne took such wonderful care of you during check in. We always aim to accommodate our guests as quickly as possible for check in especially after such long travels. Thank you for your feedback about the housekeeping situation, and we hope to see you again very soon!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Nice enough hotel - have recently renovated the lobby but should have invested in the rooms. Huge scuff marks on all room door exteriors was a giveaway that these rooms have not been renovated in a long time. Great location close to Vanderbilt and a 20 minute walk to Broadway. Friendly staff at the front desk but those in the breakfast restaurant need to speed up a little. Our server in the bar was awesome though !! Not a bad stay but extremely average....

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChiggsTO
Thank you for the feedback about your stay in October. We are planning to refresh our guestrooms in the near future. We would love to have you back and better show you what the Loews Vanderbilt has to offer in service and accommodations in all departments.
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

The hotel was recently renovated and the rooms were nice but not special. The one they put me in was by far their smallest and when I commented on it all they said - oh we are sorry you did not like it . A cold sholder to say the least and that type of treatment does not encourage future stays. The location was ok depending on where you are going but not really walking distance to anywhere . if you stay on business or to visit the university it would be a decent choice but they do need to improve their treatment of guests. Do not stay in any room that ends in a 17as they are small and dark - or at least get a good discount

Room Tip: do not stay in a room that ends in a 17 . They have almost no light or window and are small
1 Thank jonToronto
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback about your stay in October. Providing our guests with exceptional service, and supremely comfortable accommodations has always been our mission. I am very sorrry that we did not succeed with your stay. If you come back to the hotel in the future, please contact me directly at tphillips@loewshotels.com, and I can assure that your visit will be improved.
Starkville, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed two nights at the Loews in September. This is a remodeled hotel, but retains some of the infrastructure of the older property. There were not enough elevators to handle "rush time" crowds. The parking garage was both expensive and cramped. The restaurant is very good, but a little pricey. The staff were very polite and accommodating. If the property were totally updated, it would have deserved a 5 star.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank WalleyeFisherman
Thank you for your review and stay in September. I am glad you were able to enjoy Mason's restaurant, and that your needs were accommodated courteously. We hope to have you back soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I travel globally and from valet to bell service, from front to restaurant service, one of the best managed, friendliest and sharp, clean properrties I have ever visited. A check-in room assignment issue was resolved with lightening speed and thereafter, not a single flaw. Jayne, front desk, was absolutely fabulous in facilitating our stay and dealing with a couple of issues relted to our disabled son. Not only would I go back, I would love to live there. Very convenient to downtown and the courtesy car service is a real bonus. Short walk to Centenial Park and the Parthenon, and the University is literally across the street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bjjt
Thank you for your feedback about your stay in October at the Loews Vanderbilt. We always hope to meet each guest’s specific needs. I am so glad to hear that Jayne provided such accommodating and polite service. We will look forward to having you with us in the future!