“O.K. Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“O.K. Hotel”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at this hotel the first part of December. The lobby and bar area was very nice but I wouldn't classify this as a first-class hotel for room amenities: The beds were just average with only heavy comforters that when turned back just gave a sheet so you were either too warm or too cold! The bathroom did not offer any bath amenities other than soap and shampoo & conditioner. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator rather than a locked beverage cooler and more hangers in the closet that was not adequate for 2 people. On the plus side they provided free bottled water that was replaced each day and the shower was very large and roomy with glass enclosure & door rather than a tacky curtain.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Karen W
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the renovation in the lobby and bar. The amenities provided in our guest rooms are a part of the Loews standard, but in the future, please know we would be happy to provide addtional bath amenties for your specific needs free of charge. We would love to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 December 2013

As a local Nashville girl, I occasionally treat myself to a luxury hotel. The last 2 years I have chosen Loews at Christmas time. Last year during my stay there, they were in middle of construction and several areas were closed including the club level.
This year, I was anxiously waiting to check out the newly renovated hotel along with the new restaurant, Masons. I checked in early due to the excitement and to my surprise, my club level king room was not renovated as I expected. The bathroom had been renovated but nothing else had been changed. Same furniture, same bedding, same, same, same... I suppose the look on my face told the bellman that I was not happy. He proceeded to tell me that they only renovated the bathrooms because due to budget issues (running out of money) they could not do the rooms but plan to do them at a later date.
Obviously, they spent all the money on the lobby, reservation area and Masons restaurant because when you walk in you think "this is a really nice hotel". The rooms do not compare to the rest of the hotel.
I won't go into detail about lunch at Masons because thats another review but I will say that I left very dissatisfied, not because of food or service but because The Travel Channel was there filming and caused a lot of inconvenience to the patrons.
Back in the room, when I took a shower I saw a ball of hair (see attached pic). Obviously, the shower had not been cleaned because this was not my hair.
Last but not least, the "club level" reception food was as well a disappointment. Pot roast in a warming pot with sliced bread (no rolls) with side raw veggies, fruit and cheese was not impressive. Pot roast is not what I would consider a food to go with beer, wine and not in the finger food or appetizer category. Come on chef!
After reading this review you now know why my title is "Next Up....Omni". Next time I will give the new kid in town a try because I won't spend $400 plus again at Loews for nothing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DananTN
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback about your recent stay. We wish for all of our guests to have an exceptional experience and clearly your expectations were not met. All of us here at the hotel would like to apologize for the numerous inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We do have plans to update our guestrooms in the near future to match our exciting lobby and restaurant renovation. I am very sorry about the lack of attention to detail in the cleanliness of your guest room, but we appreciate this feedback so that we can prevent it from happening again. Also, I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the filming that occurred in the restaurant. I hope you will give Mason's another try to enjoy the entire dining experience without the disruption, and I do not think you will be disappointed. We would love another chance to have you as our guest so that we can provide the true Loews Vanderbilt experience of luxury and service.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed at the Loews Vanderbilt for 2 years in a row during the summer of 2012 and fall of 2013.
This Hotel located on West End Avenue has 'The Wow Factor' which keeps drawing me back when I travel to Nashville. It is located out of the hustle and bustle of the city and crowds providing a bit more privacy and yet it has everything around it that one could need. Food is excellent, service by all staff members from various departments is excellent and the Hotel really goes out of their way to take care of the needs of the guests. A shuttle is provided by the Hotel daily to take you within the 3 mile radius location you want to visit and will pick you up. Security is excellent and the Hotel has been renovated giving it a new modern look. Simply Beautiful!! It is my choice again if I return to Nashville.

Room Tip: Make a call and speak to the reservation manager about what you would like to have in your room guar...
Green Features: The Hotel was definitely up to standards plus on the environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Darlene781
Thank you so much for your positive comments about your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt. We are thrilled that you experienced 'The Wow Factor' during your visit as we aim for this with all of our guests. I am glad to hear that you are taking advantage of the shuttle, which is a nice complimentary convenience of the hotel. We do hope that you return to Nashville so that we may have you as our guest again!
Best regards,
Tony
Henderson, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We came to Nashville the day before Thanksgiving and stayed 3 nights (we stayed under a 3-night special deal the hotel offered). Having read many of the reviews of this hotel, I have to admit that I was a little bit apprehensive as to how it would go, but as soon as we arrived, all those fears disappeared. The entire staff could not have been more helpful and friendly, our "Superior" King room was very nice, and we were happy that we were able to bring our 2 small dogs with us. They were each even given a "goodie bag" upon check-in. The hotel is beautiful, and we could not have been treated any better.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant 1 day, but it was fine. We really enjoyed relaxing in Mason's Bar, and the bartender, Armisha, was wonderful! Ruth Chris restaurant is attached to the hotel, and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner there.

I agree with everyone about the charges for self-parking...it just seems that parking should be free when you stay in a hotel. However, this won't keep us from returning. All in all, it was a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor with our pets, which I guess is the "pet floor," but we heard ver...
1 Thank Melani C
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hello Melani C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel over the Thanksgiving holiday. Traveling during the busy holiday season can be stressful so we are glad to hear that you and your pets were able to relax during this time. Kudos to our bartender Armisha for making your time in Mason Bar enjoyable. Please note that we strive to keep the hotel’s parking rates competitive with other rates established throughout Nashville as we know additional costs can be a concern for hotel guests. We would love to have you back anytime you are in traveling to Nashville in the future.
Best Regards and remember Loews Loves Pets,
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 November 2013

From the first, it was clear this was not going to be a great visit. There were several hotel employees at the front door, yet no one offered to take our bags or open the door. The hotel has a very late check-in (3:00) and I wasn't surprised that our room wasn't ready. The clerk at the desk took our cell phone number and said she would call when the room was ready. Two hours later we hadn't heard from her (nor had we been offered somewhere to sit or have a drink). It turns out that she used our home phone number. We could have waited forever. We ended up taken our luggage to the room which was fine, but we weren't offered the choice of help. The room was large and on a corner which is unusual in a hotel. The furniture was relatively new and tasteful, but didn't fit in the room. There was a huge amount of empty space. It looked like the same furniture was ordered for every room regardless of size. I do agree with the person who said that the bathroom was well lighted, but it wasn't big enough for both of us to use it at the same time.

Greetings savta2007,
Thank you for providing feedback of your stay at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your arrival process, specifically the follow up while waiting for a guestroom to become available. Please note though we have recently remodeled all of our in-room bathrooms during our recent renovation, we are excited to announce that the hotel is anticipating an additional room renovation set to be scheduled in 2014.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 November 2013

For our first trip to Nashville to see the George Jones Tribute concert. I searched Tripadvisor to see ratings on Hotels and was pretty impressed overall with the Loews Hotel rating. I took the advice and upgraded a bit to the Concierge floor (10th Floor) and it was worth it in my opinion. Probably the best part was experiencing the people at the breakfasts (Frank from American Pickers and his filming crew (John), meeting a guitarist who's played for Lynyrd Skynyrd and other famous groups, and one of the most interesting was a former Air Force PJ); and the hosts were VERY friendly and accommodating. Room was very nice with an exceptionally comfortable King bed. Thought the TV was a bit small for the room size but adequate. The lounge area is very nice, but we spent most of our time down on music row.

If I had one negative (and for all those whom have not stayed there) be advised they told me twice they had an airport shuttle service, so the morning we arrived I called to get times of shuttle and they told me quarter past and quarter to on the hour, great as it should arrive in roughly 15 min. We waited 45 minutes and I called back, and they said they contract with a shuttle service (never mentioned this either time I had called about the shuttle prior to this call) and it was in a different area than the "Hotel Shuttle" pickup location. How frustrating.... but once at the Hotel everything was very good from first day to last with extremely friendly workers (from valet to check-in to the lounge area) all workers treated you as special. Joe in the Concierge room was extremely nice to talk to and wish we had had more time as he has a fascinating past with his world travels. Would probably stay there again, only reason I wouldn't is if I wanted a Hotel right downtown Nashville for easy walking to and from Music Row.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Concierge level, also check out specials as I received a 3-night stay which was discounte...
1 Thank Robert S
Hello Robert S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel and Nashville to attend the George Jones tribute concert. Thank you for the positive feedback of our private Concierge lounge and the accommodations offered. We would certainly like to apologize for any confusion concerning the airport shuttle. Loews Vanderbilt does not in fact provide transportation to the Nashville airport though we do provide a complimentary hotel shuttle that services a three mile radius within the hotel’s location. The airport shuttle is operated by the GrayLine Airport Express, which additional information of services can be located on their website. Despite the small mishap we would love to have you stay with us again while in Nashville.
Vermilion, Ohio
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Rarely do I write a review for a large, non resort hotel but I was most impressed with every staff member I encountered and the service. They all went out of their way to ensure I had a good stay. From Van in the workout room to the front desk staff (sorry I cannot remember the blond hair woman, Lynie or Jamie?) to the breakfast crew. The hotel was clean and thoughtfully appointed, not luxurious but neither was the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LCH_11
Greetings LCH_11,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Our Team strives to provide excellent customer service in Nashville and we are excited to see that we exceeded your expectations. We will certainly send your wonderful comments of Van to our Housekeeping department and the blonde ladies at the Front Desk. Please come back to see us again when in Music City.