“A Good Choice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntsville, Alabama
“A Good Choice”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My fiancé and I spent only one night at the Loews Vanderbilt for a Nashville Predators hockey game. It is a beautiful and luxurious property with superb staff and close to the downtown action. We took the free hotel shuttle downtown which was very convenient. We returned in a taxi because it was late and easy (about $10 including tip). We stayed in a king room on the 8th floor. The room was appointed nicely and comfortable. Everything seemed clean and orderly. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom just right. The walk-in shower was great! My only slight complaints were the squeaky bathroom door, which I reported to the front desk on check-out. There is no fan in the bathroom to reduce the humidity and drown out the noise from the hallway, neighbors (walls are kinda thin), and outside (heard sirens at least twice). So I think overall, this is a fancy hotel on the surface that I would stay in again if I found a good rate. It is expensive, but given that Nashville was packed for concerts, graduations, & hockey, it was a good choice and fair deal when there were few other (nice hotel) options to be found.

Room Tip: Use the free hotel shuttle within a 3-mile radius if possible. Otherwise, the taxi is reasonable fro...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CH_opinions
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Hello CH_opinions,

We are glad to hear that you and your fiancé enjoyed your recent visit to Nashville while staying at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We thank you for the feedback regarding guest bathrooms not having a fan. We certainly need feedback such as this to know what could be addressed during room renovation plans. Nevertheless, please come back and see us again when staying the night out on the town in Nashville.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I went to Nashville on March 14th for a graduation. The hotel was very clean, modern and in a nice part of town. The hotel is directly across from Vanderbilt University. We were concerned because needed a late check out because the ceremony ran late and the front desk was very accommodating to extend our checkout time (twice). Our only gripe was the beds were very firm so it wasn’t as comfortable as we would have liked.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michael c
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Greetings michael c,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We apologize that you were uncomfortable with your bedding options, but glad to see that you enjoyed your visit nevertheless. Please come visit us again when stopping in Music City.

Desloge, Missouri
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Sorry for the title, but it explains it all. Took a weekend trip to Nashville for my daughters 20th birthday. Chose this hotel mainly because I couldn't afford the really expensive places downtown. But, with that said, this was pricey by my standards. We usually stay in $90-$130 room when travelling. But wanted to treat my daughter to a nice place so went as expensive as I could afford.

Approaching the hotel and entering the lobby was very nice. New and modern decor looked great. Plenty of seating around on the main floor and several tvs to watch. The lady at the front desk was very business like. According to her, they were overbooked for the night. "more than 100%" is what she told me.

There were 3 of us making the trip so I got one room with 2 beds. Had there only been 2 of us we could have gotten a king bed and I believe this is the way you should go. Getting two doubles really made the room feel crowded and sleeping 2 to the bed was a very tight fit. Since the room seemed really small and the bed seemed so small to me, it left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole weekend. Spending over $450 for 2 nights and disappointed? That is the reason for the title to my rating.

The other thing that seems to rub me the wrong way was the fact that there always seems to be a price attached to even the smallest service. We used the hotels "business center", my daughter needed to print a document for some schoolwork she was doing. The cost to print the single sheet of paper? $6. The quality? The printer cartridge must have been low because the paper was streaked. I guess I am cheap, but after spending the money I spent, I guess I expected the one piece of printed paper to be free. I guess my expectations were too high.

There was free parking for hotel guests, that is a plus since the hotel is in a metro area. But once in, you needed to swipe your room key to get out of the garage. We left the garage 6 times in 2+ days and swiping our room key never worked. Always had to buzz the hotel and they opened the gate.

It was not all negative. The customer service people we ran into were beyond friendly. Patrick ? helped my wife with her bags while I parked the car and would not accept a tip. Thank you Patrick.

All in all we had a great trip but sadly, I dont feel I can really recommend you stay here. Most of the issues I had were in setting my expectations to high, but left this hotel disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Hello semoguy,

We would like to thank you for visiting the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel and taking the time to write your comments and concerns for our Team to review. Feedback such as this helps us to better understand what Loews’ guests are expecting during their stay with us. This way we can make improvements were needed. I would like to apologize for the few inconveniences you experienced with your accommodations. We would hope for another chance to show you what the Loews Brand has to offer and would like to invite you back when travelling to Nashville again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We were on a college tour and this was our middle stop. Such a nice, relaxing stay and half we were here the longest. Room was large and comfortable. We were able to walk to shopping and dining. We had appetizers downstairs two nights and enjoyed these as well. Overall great experience.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Mcm315
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hello Mcm315,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your college tour. We understand there are many options in Mid-Town and appreciate the opportunity to be at your service. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience in Mason Bar. We hope we can continue to be your home away from home if you choose a Nashville University.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

There is not much to do in walking distance of the Loew's. Thankfully the taxis are always ready to go! And we had a shuttle to the convention center for husband's meetings. The staff at the hotel was great. I do not like having a mini-bar though and really missed having a small fridge. And there are no vending machines to grab a coke since they have the mini-bars. The first night our group checked in everyone getting on the elevator had a 12 pack of drinks or bottled water purchased at the CVS that is about 2 blocks away. The rooms are clean and have decent sized bathrooms. We had one problem the last night we were there when our heat died and in the process set off our smoke alarm. Maintenance quickly determined we had to change rooms and the bellman came and moved us. The next day when I couldn't tell the checkout desk what room we were in she wanted to know what happened. She comped breakfast for our trouble without me asking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Greetings LynnLJM,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to write a review following the recent business trip you attended with your husband at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Please note that we do have a gift shop available in our lobby for guest not wanting to access their in-room mini bars. Guest may also request a separate mini fridge to be placed in their room. Additionally, on behalf of our management team we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the HVac unit resulting in a room move. We hope that you come back and visit us in the future when travelling to Music City.
Milton, GA
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Lowes while accompanying my husband on a quick business trip. Check in was fast, valet was always right on time, and the food was great. We had a drink and apps in the bar before heading to dinner (my 2 and 4 year old liked the crab corn dogs: we split an apple Brussel sprout salad that was possibly more delicious than the dinner we had elsewhere). For breakfast we headed to Masons in the lobby. They made my husband a custom egg omelet and they had great options for the kids (Nutella on bread, mini pancakes...)

The rooms are nice. Nothing over the top...my only complaint was the water pressure!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank S0muchfun
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Hello SOmuchfun,
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your accommodations especially the experience you had in Mason Bar and Mason’s restaurant. Your comments will be shared with Chef Brandon Frohne and our Director of Food and Beverage Ken Brisbane. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the water pressure in your guest room and invite you back to Loews when traveling to Nashville.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 March 2014

One night stay for business. Check-in was very easy. Stayed in Club level, but did not take advantage of evening (free) drinks nor included continental breakfast. Room was modern-ish and nice. There was a bunch of leftover pizza in the (locked!) mini-fridge, but Housekeeping came quickly to take that away. Tons of electrical outlets. Shower was OK, with nice products, but the Speakman Anystream seemed like a cheap knockoff and didn't give much variety. I have a preference for the Hutton still, but this is a quality hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KDKNYC
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hello KDKNYC,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent business trip to Nashville. Let me start of by apologizing for the additional items located in your in room mini bar. This was certainly overlooked by our Team and will be addressed accordingly. We appreciate the feedback of your accommodations and wish to have another opportunity to show you what the Loews Vanderbilt has to offer.