“Best customer service I have ever experienced”

Loews Vanderbilt Hotel
Ranked #11 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I agree with a number of other reviewers that there are a number of small issue’s such as limited power outlets, small bath towels, some cleaning mistakes but the extremely high level of customer service far out ways these and it is the only thing we left thinking about. We arrived very early on a very busy weekend and fully expected to just leave our bags and go exploring, however our room was ready and we were able to have a quick shower before heading out to Broadway. The courtesy car drop us down and on the way the very nice young man (Forgot his name) told us all about Nashville, were to eat and drink, what was on over the weekend and what we needed to see, which when travelling overseas is really helpful information from a local who isn’t getting any kickbacks or selling tickets. This high level of customer service extended right through the hotel with absolutely everyone we came into contact with being extremely helpful, courteous and professional.

I would defiantly recommend Lowe’s to anyone travelling to Nashville, it is a little bit more expensive than other hotels but in life you get what you pay for, do it you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William J
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Greetings William J,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville. We are glad to hear that you were able to get checked in quickly upon your arrival to the hotel. Your comments regarding our complimentary Hotel Vehicle driver will be shared with our Valet parking department. We do our best to excel in customer service by relating to the guests and anticipating their needs. In regards to the room descriptions we are excited to announce our guestrooms will be undergoing a renovation set to be complete early 2015. Please come back and visit when spending time in Music City.
Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,833)

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. The breakfast I had was wonderful. We also enjoyed the free shuttle! It took us anywhere we wanted to go in a 3 mile radius. Which was to all the typical sites you would want to see. It was also nice because it was right across the street from the college. Definitely would stay there again!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ahath

Hello ahath,
Our Team is glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Though the Hotel Vehicle is very convenient, our hotel is also located within walking distance of multiple restaurants, shopping options, and attractions. We would love to have you back soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here recently during a conference. I thought this hotel was good with a few notable issues with the room. The bathroom was somewhat dirty, with dried brown splatters on the wall and hairs crusted in the corners. The room lacked sufficient electric outlets, with only two near the little desk.

That being said, the staff was wonderful, the lobby beautiful, and the food (eating at the conference) delicious.

1  Thank MtnGirl909
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Greetings MthGirl909,
Thank you for sharing your comments of your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel during a conference. We apologize that your guestroom was not per Loews Branded standards with you mentioning a few discourages concerning the condition of the bathroom and the lack of electrical outlets available in the room. Please note that our guestrooms will be undoing a renovation set to complete early 2015; electrical outlets are certainly a concern with the layout. We hoped that you would still visit us despite the mishaps during this trip.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I mostly agree with the positive reviews but there were a few things I'd like to mention: The iron in my room was terrible, it didn't work. It was also difficult at times to get through to the front desk. The staff was very polite and helpful, it's just difficult to reach them at times.

There were also some very loud guests and I had to change rooms a couple times, I guess there were some weddings. Other than that I agree with most of positive statements but if this is going to be a great hotel these things need to be mentioned.

1  Thank Voost

Hello Voost,
We would like to start off by apologizing for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel regarding the in room iron and the multiple room moves. We appreciate your feedback as this is a way for our Team to know what opportunities we need to explore. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was fortunate to stay on the top floor, with access to the wonderful lounge. The complimentary breakfast served there each morning was delicious, especially the array of fresh fruit, and I appreciated the array of newspapers. In my room, the furnishings were very comfortable and the bathrobe was the comfiest I have ever worn! I also appreciated the wonderful hotel car service, whose drivers serve only for tips. My driver even stopped at a drugstore so I could run in on my way to a meeting. My only quibble is that the wifi in my room,, while complimentary, was pretty slow. So upgrading that would be a plus. All in all, a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Top two floors, if you can afford it.
1  Thank Caroline H

Greetings Caroline H,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations during your stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review complementing our private concierge lounge and Valet Department. We would like to apologize that you experienced an inconvenience with our complimentary internet services. We understand that the speed has become an issue among our hotel guest so rest assured that our Management is currently working to get this rectified. Please come back and visit when in Nashville.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I stayed on the 11th floor with a beautiful view of the city. The top two floors are the VIP club level which is SO worth it. We booked our dinner reservations through the consierge service and asked for an Italian restaurant with homemade pasta and wanted to eat between 6 and 8pm. She called us right back with 7pm reservations at Sole Mio which was absolutely delicious! After enjoying our complimentary in-room champaign and chocolate covered strawberries, we ventured down to the VIP club lounge. We enjoyed hordorves and free drinks (beer and wine) while we waited on our reservations. 20 minutes before our reservation time we went down to the valet and asked for a complimentary shuttle service to Sole Mio. Within 10 minutes a brand new black Tahoe was up front to pick us up! We were expecting a van or bus so that was a plus! After our meal we explored Broadway a bit and called valet to bring us back. 20 minutes later he was there to pick us up. We went to sleep in the most luxurious bed EVER! It was very plush and comfortable. We skipped the complimentary breakfast in the VIP lounge for breakfast at Pinewood Social which was our favorite destination in Nashville. Seriously, if you have the chance, go to Pinewood for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner! Checkout was also a breeze and I loved the emailed receipt option instead of a printed one. I have to say Julie Martin made booking so very easy and we WILL always stay here for our future Nashville adventures! We wish we could have stayed longer than 1 night.

Room Tip: 10th or 11th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carissa F

Hello Carissa F,
Thank you for writing a great review of your stay in Nashville at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We love that you enjoyed your accommodations on our private concierge level and that Julie our Reservations Manager was so helpful with your booking. Nashville has become the ‘it’ place to eat; how cool that you got to experience two fabulous restaurants while you visited and that our Valet was so accommodating with your transportation. Please come back again!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at the Loews Vanderbilt and was extremely impressed with the entire staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and truly lives up to the statement of southern hospitality. The hotel was very clean and very comfortable. I was most impressed with the concierge service that I received from Katharine Poole. After speaking with Katharine for only a few minutes I felt welcomed and like I was the only guest that she needed to help. Every time after our first conversation Katharine greeted by my first name and remembered all details of previous conversations. She even asked if my kids won a baseball game that I had mentioned they were playing in. Katharine was incredibly attentive, knowledgeable and very friendly. Katharine help making arraignments for travel in and around Nashville and was able to suggest excellent venues for great local entertainment that was not the typical tourist sites but unique local Nashville entertainment venues. Katharine has redefined and set a new standard of what true customer service is supposed to be. I had been to Nashville a few times before and this was by far my most enjoyable visit. I look forward to returning to Nashville and will not stay anywhere but the Loews Vanderbilt.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jmsolo3440

Greetings jmsolo3440,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Customer Service or “southern hospitality” as you call it is very important to our entire Team. Your delightful comments regarding Katharine in our Concierge Department will be shared with the hotel and her direct manager. It is people like Katherine that allow our guests to feel at home while traveling. We would certainly love to have you visit again when in Nashville.