“nice room with view of wall” 4 of 5 bubbles

Loews Vanderbilt Hotel
Ranked #9 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville
“nice room with view of wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

As an older single woman traveling alone, I was given a very nice room. I quickly unpacked and then opened the drapes to see a wall. I had only a sliver of light above the wall. I was too hurried to change rooms, but the wall made me claustrophobic.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Alice W
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Greetings Alice W,
We thank you for your review of the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We understand that a room view can be important to our guests. In some instances unfortunately a view is not always available due to the structural layout of the building. We apologize that you did not enjoy the view during your visit but we hope that you were able to enjoy your stay nevertheless.
Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Very helpful staff members. Impeccably clean room.
Nice, clean bathroom facilities.
Best bed I have ever slept in away from home.
Nice entry foyer.
Very well located.
Approx $6.50 taxi to the bars and restaurants downtown.
Great hotel to stay at in Nadhville.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SimmoBrisbane
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello SimmoBrisbane,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and that our Team was able to assist you during your stay. Please come back and visit when in Nashville again.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel and its superior staff helped to make sure that my first trip to Nashville was comfortable, memorable and relaxed. My luggage was lost at Chicago but when I arrived at the hotel, late at night, Katie from reception made swift reassurances that I would be provided with essential toiletries to help tide me over. Nick Grant went way beyond the call of duty on my first morning and, after making me a cup of tea, drove me in considerable comfort and style to the nearest Wallmart to make sure that I had clean clothes for the conference I was attending. I felt colossally well looked-after and this level of service and dedication to customer satisfaction should not go unrecorded.

1 Thank Simon B
Greetings Simon B,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Our Team understands not only the importance of customer service but also making sure the guest feels supremely comfortable. We will certainly share your comments of both Katie and Nick to their Management Leaders of how they went above and beyond to help resolve your inconveniences upon arriving to the hotel. We would love to have you back again if ever in Music City.
Palos Verdes Estates, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was a very nice hotel. The bar and restaurant were both excellent (service and food). The concierge Katharine was fantastic. The room was a little on the small side, but nicely decorated. The bathroom is very small. If you are sharing this with more than one person it will pose a problem. My husband and I had to fight over the one sink in the morning. There was a convention there on the weekend and it was a wait for the elevator. After the group moved out on Sunday it was much nicer. One thing to consider is you are not in downtown Nashville. It is about a $7 cab ride to downtown. We usually don't mind walking long distances, but this is not conducive to walking. Construction going on along the way, etc. But you are out of the noisy, bustling, downtown area. So it's a trade off!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cliffview12
Hello cliffview12,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We see that you enjoyed dining in Mason’s / Mason Bar and Katharine from our Concierge Team. We would like to apologize that you experienced an inconvenience of waiting for the elevators due to a large conference in house during that weekend. You are correct regarding our location in Mid-Town verses downtown, as we do not suggest for guests to walk there yet it is only a short cab ride away. We also offer a complimentary hotel vehicle for transportation within a three mile radius of the hotel; downtown is included. Please come back again to visit!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel was updated about a year ago and it feels like a new, clean hotel. The staff is very, very attentive, and knows answers. I've stayed here several times over the past few years. It has really been improved. Of course, the location is great. The bedding is very comfortable. I recommend the place.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Bill V
Greetings Bill V,
Thank you for your review of the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Yes, we recently went through a public space renovation adding our restaurant Mason’s and bar Mason Bar. We are now excited to announce that our guestrooms will undergo a makeover this fall set to be complete in early 2015. We thank you for your continued business!
Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was the first time that I had stayed at a Loews hotel so perhaps my expectations were higher than they should have been. It started off bad at check-in. There were only two people at the front desk. I was behind an elderly lady that had bill problems that she was working on with one of the desk attendants. I waited approximately 25 minutes which I consider much too long for a simple checkin when I already had reservations.
After finally checking in, I went to my room. The room was not any more remarkable than a lower level hotel might be however, the bedding was very comfortable. There was a mini-bar but no price sheet to see how much everything cost. They provided a safe in the closet and two bathrobes for use.
As one other guest stated, this hotel wasn't close enough to walk to many of the attractions but they did have adequate places to eat nearby catering to the college crowd.
It was a nice stay but not a great stay based on the price I paid for the room. I've spent less for more.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hortman55
Hello Hortman55,
Thank you for sharing a review of your first stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your arrival process. We would hope that you would give Loews Vanderbilt yet another opportunity to show you what the Loews Brand has to offer in the future.
Macomb, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have had such great experiences with Loews Hotels in the past. Sad to report this was not a good one! Location to the main attractions are definitely not within walikng disatnce, but a short cab ride will get you where you need to go. But, this really wasn't the problem!
It started with check in. I simply inquired about whether my loews first program had been applied. With platinum status, they offer a free upgrade on a room when available. The clerk just stated that he was unable to check into that and that I should "just be happy with the excellent rate I received". The rate was not cheap by the way!
Next, we entered the rooms. They were so terribly dated. Carpets were incredibly stained and some of the bedding looked old and sheets mismatched.
Later that evening, we decided to go to the lounge for a cocktail. It was a bit busy, but we were never even acknowledged! Not even a "be with you shortly". After ten minutes of this, I approached the bar to order the drinks myself. The bartender looked at me and then turned away. Mind you, there was only one person actually sitting at the bar. Most customers were seated at tables and were already served. After another few minutes the bartender came back to me and said, "do you need something?" Ummm...A drink! She never even cracked a smile or apologized for the wait. We got our drinks and went straight to the room. I no longer desired sitting in the lounge to receive this kind of service!
The food on the concierge level was not too bad. But breakfast on the second morning was impossible. There was so little seating and the place was packed! They were running out of everything and many others were complianing. I felt bad for the kind gentleman working in this area!
I truly hope the problems with poor customer service were just a fluke, as my other Loews stays have been exceptional!
As for this particular hotel. Please, do some remodeling. And most importantly, some good customer service training.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hello georgiegirl42,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced specifically during your arrival process, the interaction in Mason Bar, and the overcrowded Concierge Lounge. This is certainly not the level of customer service our Team understands and the opportunities needing improvement will be addressed appropriately by our Management Team. Please note that we are excited to announce that our guestrooms will undergo a renovation starting this winter expected to be complete in 2015. We do wish when traveling to Nashville again you will give Loews Vanderbilt another chance to show you what the Loews Brand has to offer, especially being a part of our loyal guest program YouFirst.