All reviewschampions restaurantnashville airportindoor outdoor poolthe concierge loungemeeting spacebreakfast buffetbusiness tripcorner roomfitness centerstayed one nightvery nice hotelbed was comfortabledefinitely stay here againfront desk staffgreat roomsouthern hospitalityclose to downtown
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is an ideal place to stay for the money and location. The hotel was a little hard to find at first, but that had to do with my GPS. Once there we were given an outside room on the ground level. The dining was excellent as was the room service.
Checkout was a snap as we had prepaid.
The breakfast was very good at the in house cafe.
Will stay here again if going to Nashville.

Room Tip: I recommend the lower level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Recently traveled to Nashville for Mizzou/Vandy football game. Stayed at Marriott Nashville Airport due to Mizzou family discount. Great location. I usually stay away from airport properties but this is really not your normal airport hotel. The sports bar was terrific. Great salads. Also ate breakfast buffet. Very good service. Food was very good. The hotel had free parking. Very nice greeting upon arrival. Overall I would definitely go back. It was easy to navigate around Nashville to and from this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

When the Marine's said the 3/11 Reunion was at the Nashville Airport Marriott, I cringed. Mentally I was hearing jets all day. NOT! This place is so well soundproofed, the only time you hear the airplanes is when you open a door or go outside.
From the moment we drove up the circular drive to our departure five days later, I was IMPRESSED.
Everyone was hospitable. We needed something at our Reunion room & the good people at the front desk found it with a smile. I couldn't get over the warm, cheerful welcoming attitude.
Our own room was great, with a view of the QUIET jets soaring skyward. Clean, comfortable & with beds that make you want to forget getting up.
Two balconies overlook the indoor/outdoor pool & were segregated... smokers on one side where the fans carried the smoke away & non smokers on the far side. Everyone got to enjoy the ambiance. Speaking of smokers - and I am NOT - this hotel has two very nice areas outside where the smoking crowd could congregate, without getting rained on, in a shaded area with comfortable seats! That's thoughtful! Just because we don't smoke, does not mean that those who do should be treated like pariahs. Good PR there Marriott folks! Just another example of caring for ALL the guests!
My favorite meal is breakfast & the buffet was top notch. Tasha made us feel like we were the only guests there! It was a memorable time that all the guys who served in 3/11 in Viet Nam & their spouses enjoyed. The good people at the hotel really helped make it so. Bless 'em!

Room Tip: Everyone said their rooms were fine. No one had any suggestions for room selections.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The lobby is very nice, the reception service was acceptable though nothing above and beyond, and the rooms were quite average. I expected the rooms to be nicer than they are since it was a Marriott rated as a 4 star hotel. The cleaning after the fist night was not very thorough, they forgot to replace the glasses used and didn't wipe away the glass marks on the desk. I considered checking out and finding anohter place after the first night, until i had the breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet was the best hotel breakfast i have ever had, and near top of the list for any breakfast. I probobly won;t stay here again, there is a Marriot Residence Inn across the road that is much nicer for my needs. Iwould return to dine here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I've stayed in my share of hotels located near or in airports over the years. Usually the property is a little run down, the food not the greatest and the staff can be hit-or-miss.

Not at the Marriott Nashville Airport!

My wife and I stayed here 9/17 through 9/20 for a business conference. We arrived after 9:30 pm to check in after a 4 hour drive. The front desk staff acted as though we were the only folks in the hotel that night. The bellman could not have been more helpful - even offering to park my car for me because the lot was quite full and my wife was not feeling well. This first experience was not an anomaly as we were treated to similar examples of responsiveness from the entire staff throughout our stay.

The food at the restaurant Champions was VERY good. They have a great breakfast buffet, but if you're not a fan of buffets (like myself), try the Lump Crabmeat Omelet in the morning - fabulous. The service was excellent. If you're going out for dinner, then stop by the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail or a nightcap. The bartenders are very friendly. This restaurant is one of the BEST in the Marriott chain. Give it a try!

There is also a Starbucks on site.

Looking for an attraction or dinner venue away from the hotel? Talk to Corey the concierge. Corey got us into some nice Nashville restaurants that might have otherwise been unavailable to us. Heck - if Corey's not around, just ask anyone of the folks at the front desk. I've never seen a front desk crew work together so well. They seem to take a team approach to everything.

I'm not really sure that this should be called an "airport hotel". It's close to the airport, but far enough away that one does not hear constant air traffic noise.

In closing, well done Marriott! The Squirrel and I will return!

Room Tip: Add a mini-fridge and/or microwave to your room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
NAM_GM, General Manager at Nashville Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thanks for staying with us at the Nashville Airport Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Corey was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with him. We hope to see you again soon!