“Lacks amenities and small room”

Nashville Airport Marriott
Ranked #21 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntsville, Alabama
“Lacks amenities and small room”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

King room didn't have fridge or microwave, although it did have real glasses (a nice touch). Room and bathroom were both tight. Average all around.

On the other hand - a chaperone for some kind of girl's conference somehow got a key to our room and checked in on us at 3am.

Needless to say, we were not happy - and after hotel security tried to convince me we must have left the door ajar - even though I explained that the lady spent three minutes trying different keys.

While I won't ding them for it on the stars review - I will mention it here. Not cool.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank WeekendWarriors-AL
NAM_GM, General Manager at Nashville Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We apologize that this stay was not an enjoyable one. I can assure you that at Nashville Airport Marriott, hotel management and our staff take the issue of security, very seriously. The safety and comfort of our guests are our top priority. We will continue to be vigilant in our effort to maintain the highest standards of security for our guests. Please know that we have taken action to ensure this problem does not occur again at our hotel and thank you for the bringing the matter to our attention. If you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail, please phone me directly at 615-889-9300.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Everything was booked downtown and i decded to give it a shot. I was not dissapointed. Spacious rooms, smelled great and contemporary lines. Big plus... indoor pool and hot tub, Starbucks on site and nice professional staff. Also, this place is only 5 miles from downtown and there is permanent transportation from the hotel. (taxi). not expensisve at all.

Room Tip: nice little treat at hte concierge level. ask to have access... if you are not a marriott rewards me...
3 Thank yaser z
Grand Blanc
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I must say, after an initial rough start (problem with my room assignment); the issue was rectified by the hotel manager and it was smooth sailing for the remaining weekend! Of all the hotels Ive ever stayed (and that includes living in a Marriott Hotel for over two years for a work assignment), this hotel provided the best overall service...EVER! Our group was impressed with the food accommodations for our meeting, and I slept like a baby....no noise from the nearby airport! I enjoyed interacting with the staff, who are either really good actors or are actually sincere about their greetings. If you want to stay in a hotel with a smile on your face, this is the place to be...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Near the Nashville airport but without noise. Well done.
First of all this hotel is distinguished by the dedicated and excellent service from the staff. From check in over the restaurant to the conference-staff.
The rooms are nice and clean, the bathroom well-equipped and well working.
No luxury, but nice and functional.
The restaurant serves an excellent breakfast, and for the rest of the day it covers all taste from fast food to fine dining with excellent wines.
The price is fair.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the middle of the hotel, far away from the noisy ice-machine.
2 Thank claus007
Troy MO
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I cannot heap enough praise for the hotel staff at the Marriott Hotel Airport staff. After reviewing Tripadvisor and reading things like "paper-thin walls" and "slamming doors" I was a bit concerned. As I checked in to the Marriott, I told a ever nice young man at front desk (Nelson) of my concerns because I was a light sleeper and needed a room in a quiet area. Nelson looked very diligently for a floor and a room where I could get some peace. I was impressed with his professionalism and dedication to locate my room in just the right spot. During my two night stay, I couldn't have been more pleased with my accommodations. Another thing...I was met with daily smiles and genuine greetings each time I entered and left the complex. Even one of the desk staff (blond lady with short hair) overheard my request on the night I checked in and asked me in passing the next day if my room was satisfactory. REALLY? These people KNOW customer service!!! REFRESHING! Thank you Marriott staff.

Room Tip: Just kindly ask for a room to your specifications and I truly believe the staff will go out of their...
1 Thank RamblinRedbird
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Best part about this hotel are the showers. Full pressure total body showers are awesome.

Every buffet dinner sucked. Coffee tastes like thrice reheated. Scrambled eggs looks like goat vomit. Fruit tasteless. Red cake tasted like crap.

If you stay here - eat out.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wfcperrine
NAM_GM, General Manager at Nashville Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable breakfast. The issues you mentioned are not typical of our hotel and we are incredibly sorry for every inconvenience. Please contact me directly for further assistance with any of these matters at 615-872-2942.
Kentucky
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Would not recommend for a conference in the area of food and meeting rooms. We were cold during all the meetings. Dinner Buffet was to include a variety of desserts. The variety was some hard cookies and chocolate brownies. Breakfast was cold, the sausage was pink inside and the bacon was not cooked. The guest rooms are very nice, however.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NAM_GM, General Manager at Nashville Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the breakfast, and meeting room temperature standards which you deserve. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel, 615-872-2942, so that I may better address this matter. Thank you, and I look forward to speaking with you.