“Worst Experience Of My Life”

Super 8 Downtown Airport Area
Ranked #129 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Charlotte
“Worst Experience Of My Life”
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Do not stay at this hotel. Worse experience of my life. When I first checked in, the lobby is fairly decent but when I got to the room, I wanted to walk right out. I had requested a nonsmoking room, and got a nonsmoking room but I could tell too much Febreeze had been used to cover up the smoke smell in the room. The room smelled awful, carpets were dirty, curtains dirty and falling off hanger, wallpaper peeling from the walls, mold in bathroom and dirty brown spots all over the walls that I was afraid to go near a wall. Beds felt like the springs in the mattress was going to come thru anytime. I had booked online for 3 nights, prepaid, but I left after the 1st night. Couldn't stand the smell and the feeling of uncleaness in the room. Just did not feel clean and could not stand to be in room one more night. Would rather loose money then feel so unclean.

• Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank endlessfun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 9 July 2008

First, were booked into a room that was already occupied. The occupant opened the door and looked at us like he could kill us for disturbing him. We were given another room that seemed pretty old and dirty but we were tired and decided to stay. Not long after retiring, we became quite itchy but tried to disregard it. We woke up a couple of hours later to find little bugs crawling all over the bed. We quickly showered ( the shower was awful) and asked for a refund which we were granted. 2 months later, we are still itching. I have never been so grossed out in my life. I am seeking medical attention this week to determine why the itching has continued. This is the worst motel I have stayed at.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katrn1973
IL
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We attended a ballroom comp and needed an affordable place to stay that was nearby. The Super 8 Hilltop seemed to be just the place. Check-in was painless, and the staff was friendly.

The room was clean, bathroom and shower were both clean...but the bathroom door would not close unless the toilet seat was up! The door kept hitting the seat, and judging from the notch in the door this had been a problem for some time. The sink faucet was not held in place, and when you tried to turn the water on, the entire fixture came up. The knob for the sink stopper did not work. Also, the "High speed internet access" was anything but. Even though the hotel has two access points, both were very slow even though I had an excellent signal.

Our keycard didn't work in the door when we returned one night, and we had to go downstairs to have it reswiped. The next morning we were ..ah.. "interrupted" by a knock at the door. We yelled "Do not disturb! (and we had even put the little "Do not disturb" magnet on the door, as well as the plastic door tag hangything). The guy mumbled something and kept knocking. We yelled again "Do not disturb!" and he kept mumbling. He then used his keycard to open the door (luckily we had also locked the door with the chain) and said "Maintenance, do you have lights?" We yelled "Yes" and he left. We wondered why they couldn't just use the phone...

As far as security I did feel somewhat secure. The lobby had a monitor showing 32 separate color security camera displays, even though several were apparently offline. The hotel isn't in the best area, but we never witnessed anything shady going on. We were, however, kept awake one night by the typical teenage partygoers. They didn't last long, and the front desk assured us the next night would be quiet (which it was).

Not the best in the area, but also not the worst.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2007

Our first bad experience was a few hours after checking into our room, the door would not lock, requiring us to switch rooms. Our second day there, we were away all day to return to the hotel at 7:00pm, unable to get into our room. When inquiring about having our key cards swiped again, we were informed that our room was changed (WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE), the hotel took it upon themselves to enter our room and remove all our personal items to a different room. Never Again will I stay or recommend this hotel to anyone. I phoned the 800 # to see if this was even legal, IT IS!!!, but was also informed that it is a very bad practice for management. Also, it had that rooms were newly renovated, NOT, holes in ceiling, light fixtures on ceiling with holes around and stuff falling out of.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — they enter our room without our knowledge and move our belongings to another room
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank wldbottrace
Turndown, Indiana
Reviewed 20 March 2006

Very dirty rooms. Bath tubs were so filthy they were stained black. The water coming from the shower was rusty and never cleared up. Toilets had no water to flush them. TV worked randomly. One member of our group found a broken crack pipe in the floor. Working prostitutes were viewed in the parking area and inside the lobby of the building. When the front desk was notified of the problems, it took on average of 45 minutes for the personnel to show up to the room. A few of our party never saw the frontdesk personnel. I would recommend this place to a fugitive, because the cops would not show up at the hotel. It is a disgrace that a place ran this poorly can stay in business. Drive the extra 20 minutes and get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank 954billyi
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2005

Just recently returned from a wonderful stay in Nashville. Chose the Hilltop Inn and was very happy with these accommodations. All of the staff we dealt with were more than helpful. It is a little out of the way; about a $15-20 cab ride to any attractions, but well worth the quiet. Dad's Place is defintely a plus for this site. The restaurant was closed down, but you could get sandwiches at Dad's. Would definitely stay there again if I took my own car.

Stayed November 2005