“3 strikes and We're out”

Super 8 Downtown Airport Area
Ranked #129 of 154 Hotels in Nashville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nashville
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I knew this was a Super 8 so I didn't expect any frills. I called the hotel before making a reservation to inquire about an airport shuttle and was assured that a shuttle existed. Upon checking in I was told that the shuttle only runs from 7 AM - 7 PM. It was after 7 PM when I checked in and I had a rental car to return. I ended up paying for a taxi to return from the airport after dropping off my car, and another taxi the next morning to get to airport for an early morning flight. I would have been better to pay more for a nicer room in a more secure location that provided a 24 hour airport shuttle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awful. As soon as you open the door the most awful smell hits you. It is so strong like mildewed carpet mixed with smoke. I knew with the price of the hotel that it may not be that good but it was terrible. As soon as we went in the room there was no power. The guys at the front said oh we can turn the breaker on. We just left. I don't think I could have smelled that awful smell all night. It's really upsetting paying for a hotel and it being so nasty you can't tolerate to stay there just one night. We didn't get our money back but I guess we learned our lesson about cheap hotels.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Upon arrival, I was told that the room I reserved was not available. After much back and forth the person at the front desk finally said he found me a room. When I arrived at said room, it smelled STRONGLY of feces and urine. I choked upon entering the room because of the smell. I was then moved to another room and I can't really tell if it's clean. The carpet is pulled up and ripped, the room smells dingy, and the ATM and the soda machine are both out of order. I was told by the Super 8 reservation services that this hotel provided a free shuttle from the airport and that all I would need to do is call, but when I called, the person at the front desk not only told me that there was no free shuttle (I think he said it's $10) but he just told me to take a taxi anyway since they stopped offering shuttle services. Recommend this place only for those family members you can't stand!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Nashville hotels
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Somatel Nashville Airport
Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
Motel 6 Nashville - Airport
Motel 6 Nashville - Airport
#111 of 154 in Nashville

Been to Super 8 Downtown Airport Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Downtown Airport Area

Property: Super 8 Downtown Airport Area
Address: 709 Spence Lanwe, Nashville, TN 37217-1143
Region: United States > Tennessee > Davidson County > Nashville
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #129 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Downtown Airport Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Downtown Airport Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Downtown Airport Area Hotel Nashville