“Great trade show experience”

Millennium Maxwell House Nashville
Ranked #111 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I recently worked the Tennessee of Chiefs of Police Vendor meeting the week of March 29-30 at the Millennium Maxwell House hotel. I have to tell you a great property with alot of great staff from the front desk to house keeping to management.

Now with the new airlines reward I will be staying at the Maxwell House next and everytime I stay in Nashville, TN

Room Tip: The staff at Maxwell house can assist you with that. I leave to the experts.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,937)

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Ok, so this hotel is about 3 miles from downtown Nashville, despite what Priceline says. I 'named my own price' in the downtown area and got this place. If you absolutely want to be downtown, DO NOT NAME YOUR OWN PRICE IN DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE...because I guarantee you will get the Millennium...and Priceline won't care.
Despite the terrible reviews, our stay was pleasant. Room was very clean. Beds were comfortable enough (pillows are the downside). Lobby is comfortable. Staff was very courteous. The shuttle runs every 15-20 minutes and took us downtown and back (for free)! Make sure to get the hotel's phone number so that when you're ready to be picked up...they know. We had some confusion with that process. This is not the scary Super 8 everyone makes it out to be. The hotel is in a relatively nice area with gas stations, fast food, and I-65 within a few blocks. Is this an Embassy Suites? No. But it's comfortable, clean, situated in a nice enough area, has free parking, and provides a great shuttle to downtown. I didn't find the bugs, hair, or dirty sheets people are talking about. I've stayed in some scary hotels, and believe me, this isn't one of them.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Speakeasy16
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference that was being held there - which is the only reason I would ever stay here. In fact, if I return to the conference again, I will stay elsewhere unless there is some major work done to this hotel.
Our room was a "club" room which was supposed to have free internet, however, the internet worked sporadically and often quit working while I was in the middle of using it. The chair was stained, as was the carpet. Our door was scratched and decrepit. The bathroom was tiny and sink and counter outside the bathroom - yes, a very odd configuration - had very little room to put anything around it. We were there four days and our soap and shampoo were never replaced. I don't mind about the soap - that makes sense - but we ran out of shampoo and conditioner on the last day, with two people using the tiny bottles provided on the first day. Like other reviewers have noted, virtually no sound barriers - you here every sound from the hallway or adjoining rooms.
The pool was not open - with temperatures in the 80s every day, I found this surprising. The fitness area had three treadmills, which worked fine. It was clean enough.
The complimentary breakfast with our "club" room was simply awful - the same, sad offerings every day. Lukewarm food, messy containers, spongy scrambled eggs, damp hashbrowns. Melon or pineapple - no other fruit. Mediocre coffee, even at a hotel with the name "Maxwell" in it!
This hotel needs a major facelift and retrofitting to make it competitive.
On the plus side, the staff were helpful and competent, everyone from the daily maid service to front desk and restaurant staff especially. I'll bet they wished the place had some refurbishing done to it too.
We had a car and didn't need to use the shuttle. Access to major highways makes travel to and from venues in the city very easy.
I would only suggest staying here if you have significant tolerance for mediocre amenities and can get a really cheap rate.

Room Tip: Stay at the end of a hallway to cut down on noise.
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have been attending a conference annually for the past 10 years that has been held at the Millennium Maxwell House. I have always been impressed with the warmth and professionalism of the people who work there. This year I had an incident where I had misplaced a computer and had a day where I had not known just how it had disappeared. At every level from the hotel management, building security and the people at the front desk, I was treated considerately and supportively. The situation turned out to be my own mistake, but I really got to see how professional the staff really was in a pinch.
I truly believe that the heart of any hotel are the people who work there, and you will find some great ones at the Maxwell House.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed with a Groupon which made this hotel a great deal. Overall everything is pretty average. Rooms are fine, staff is helpful. The drawback is that the hotel is not close to anything interesting. You could find similar hotels in comparable locations. My groupon included wifi but I would have balked at 9.95 per day. The restaurant downstairs is pretty average and my breakfast buffet was included but I don't think it is worth paying for. There is a shuttle which I did not use.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel itself was pretty pleasant - what soured the whole extended weekend was the lack of sleep! The thin walls and strange room layout meant I could literally hear EVERYTHING going on in the bathrooms on both sides of me! The really noisy a/c seemed to kick in every five minutes even when I’d turned the fan off so in then end I had no choice but to rip the plug out of the wall socket – luckily it wasn’t too cold that week.

The bathrooms are so small that, bizarrely, your sink and mirror are actually in the room! Not a problem for me being on my own but some couples on our trip weren’t too happy – even the married ones said they preferred to have their privacy.

Situated about 15-20 minutes away from the Downtown area you’ll really need the services of the shuttle. Our group were given differing information about returning, some being told just to wait at the drop off point, others told they’d have to phone the hotel. I arrived at the same time as the shuttle so I don’t know which information is correct but the hotel really needs to be more consistent in this.

Foyer area was very nice but they REALLY need to replace those sofas and chairs.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Pros: 1. Location is just outside of downtown, not far from everything.
2. Nice lobby area.
Cons: 1. Paper thin walls. Neighbors were loud, probably just being normal.
2. Bed wasn't comfortable.
3. Definitely not worth the price. I'd say it's maybe a $60 dollar a night room TOPS.
4. Parking was very scarce.
5. Charging for wi-fi. Really? In this day and age for this crappy hotel?
6. Wallpaper coming off walls, definitely showing age.

This was my second time staying here. I gave it another shot thinking my first time may have been not normal, but alas, it is. I will definitely stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel?
1  Thank beanryboy