“Another great time at the Millennium Hotel.”

Millennium Maxwell House Nashville
Ranked #111 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was my third time staying at the Millennium and I would go back for a fourth time!! The room was comfortable, the food was great, but especially the people working at the hotel were so wonderful and so very friendly - from maintenance folks to the waitresses to the folks behind the front counter. Truly was another great experience. My family and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Pfranzone, General Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us three times and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your return to nashville and the hotel. Kind Regards, Patrick

Write a ReviewReviews (1,937)

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights in early January. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, especially George, who works at Maxwell's off of the lobby. She suggested places we could visit, local drinks etc. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to take guests to the popular downtown strip and we couldn't have had a friendlier driver. I believe his name is Mike. He pointed out landmarks and made restaurant recommendations. The only downside to this hotel is that the rooms are a bit tired and dingy. A face lift and some new mattresses would bring their rating up to a 5.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay at the Millennium Maxwell House! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. Glad you enjoyed the shuttle service. We look forward to seeing you again soon in Nashville Tennessee. "We're Playing Your Song,"

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Spent 2 nights here encompassing New Years.This was the most accommodating hotel, especially for the price. The staff, including shuttle drivers, were very friendly and helpful. (i.e. providing an extension cord to my sister so we could fix our hair at the same time, allowing us to store our luggage between check out and when our plane left, the shuttle driver agreeing to run us through Starbucks, which by the way, is directly across the street). I always find a hotel shop a nice convenience. The happy hour specials in the hotel bar were ridic! $1.75 Bud light between 4 and 7pm?! Yes, please! We were a little surprised that this hotel was actually not downtown, certainly not within walking distance, but they did have very reliable shuttles. I would not go so far as to call is dated. I actually consider it a great find for the price. Very pleased, especially as compared to my disappointing stay at the Doubletree over the 4th of July. I will say the mattresses were soft, almost bouncy, so if you don't prefer a soft mattress, take note. I do, so it was great!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. We are getting new Serta Mattress that will be in every guest room by the end of Feb 2014. We look forward to seeing you again soon in Nashville Tennessee.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Maxwell House after receiving it on Hotwire and it was supposed to be "downtown" but it was about 2 miles from downtown. The hotel isn't going to compare to others like the Omni, Hilton, etc. but you're not going to be paying 2+ times the price either. The rooms weren't anything special (dated rooms, bathrooms, fixtures) and I'd compare them to a Comfort 8…but again, you're not paying for it either. Also, there was a musty smell we couldn't figure out.
The service was good and the people behind the front desk were very helpful (holding our bags until a room was ready because we had an early flight, etc.)
We found it nice to walk to downtown and stop in Germantown to eat (Monell's, Germantown Cafe) on our way. The hotel does a good job of bringing you to and picking you up from downtown so you don't have to take a taxi.
If you're looking to save a few hundred dollars on lodging and don't mind being a couple miles from downtown, then it's worth a look.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin V

Patrick

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was not nearly as bad as some of the reviews. It was a only little dated in the decor, but it was clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was a great value for its price, and it's only ten minutes from downtown. I would recommend this hotel. The parking is free too. If I just had to complain about something, I would have to say that I didn't like the soap in my room. I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor and your very kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in Nashville and at the Millennium Hotel. Kind Regards, Patrick

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our trip to Nashville in good part because of our stay at the Millennium Maxwell House. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and helpful! We especially enjoyed our daily brunch with our server, Rose. She is attentive and pleasant - a true professional. Thank you to all who took such ggod careof us during our stay.

Room Tip: We suggest a room with the view of the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay at the Millennium Maxwell House! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon in Nashville Tennessee. "We're Playing Your Song,"

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night while on a two-day visit of Nashville. I liked that it was relatively close to downtown with easy access. It is also close to restaurants for a quick bite.

I really liked that there was Country Music memorabilia located throughout the hotel and included in the room.

The room was nice. My reason for the "Average" was that there was no Free WiFi in the room. The only location onsite for free WiFi was in the lobby. Other places (i.e., rooms) you had to pay for the WiFi. I didn't see this articulated/advertised in reviews and overviews of the hotels, so it was kind of a downer.

Other than that, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Nashville be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards, Patrick