“Amazing Staff, our business event was a success!”

Millennium Maxwell House Nashville
Ranked #103 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing Staff, our business event was a success!”
Reviewed 21 February 2011

There are many choices in Nashville, TN for business meetings and events. We chose the Millennium Maxwell House and were thrilled! Our event planning was smooth and effortless. The day of our event, we had to add extra tables. The staff never once complained, were gracious and kind in your interactions, made sure we had everything we needed and even helped us when our own AV equipment failed!

The staff here makes the venue above average.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Winchester VA
Reviewed 19 February 2011

This was the second stay I've had at the hotel with two weeks. The first one was bad, but I thought that because of the convenience of location I would give it another try. Both lights by the beds didn't work (I looked under the bed, which was filthy and they were plugged in). When I discovered this, I had settled in for the evening and didn't want to be disturbed by a maintenance person at 11:30 p.m. General wear and tear was bad and the bathroom was dirty (as it was the last time I stayed there). I purchased a club level room on an AAA rate. The website said that internet was included. When I called down to the desk, the clerk advised me that internet was not included on the AAA rate. Later I logged on, billed it to my room and proceeded to to hotel's web site. I started another reservation as a test and found that internet was indeed included in the AAA rate for a club room. I called down later and spoke with the clerk, who said she couldn't credit my folio because she had no way to verify what I told her. I suggested that she log onto the hotel's website, and she said that she was unable to do so. The next morning, though I was busy and it was a hassle, I went to the front desk and explained the situation. The clerk was upset that the evening clerk had given me misinformation (though this clerk said that there was no such thing as a AAA rate for a club room, even though I had reserved one). Thankfully, she did reverse the charge on my folio for the service. I have provided the same information to a survey Millennium sent me and included the following statement: "Not only won't I stay here again, but I plan to post this situation on TripAdvisor. Folks, get your act together. The facility has great potential, but it's poorly managed and badly maintained. The Maxwell House is resembles a high end hotel, but it's quality is more like a Ramada Inn."

p.s. There was someone's blood on the comforter.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 15 February 2011

With only three people serving a baot load of customers on Valentines weekend with extreme care and impecable service. Gay and her crew were efficient, friendly, Courteous.
It was also Gays Birthday and the employees made it special for her and the customers felt a part of her special day as well!
Its not often you see this kind of service in todays travels.
We all felt like part of the extended local family and they locals were partying like it was 1999.

Gene Norvell

Danville, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 February 2011

This hotel was a total disappointment. My boyfriend booked us a 3.5 star hotel for Valentine's Day weekend and it felt like a 2 star. Our second floor room was sandwiched in between two smoking floors allowing cigarette smoke to waft into our room. The beds were cheap and bouncy, the pillows barely covered, the linens cheap and thin. The walls hid holes that were shoddily patched. One morning, we showered with barely warm water. And the satellite/TV was broken for one of our two night stay. The staff were friendly and kind, but did not make up for the overall lack luster of this hotel. As I mentioned before, look past this "3.5" star hotel for something better!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I have now had almost 200 dollars debited from my account because I gave them my debit card to get internet access. I was treated like an idiot by the staff and scammed out of a great deal of money. Stay away.

Escondido, California
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Superior staff who truly understand exceptional customer service. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I have stayed at the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel numerous times in the past, all for work related ventures. The entire staff of the hotel is above top notch in my book. The hospitality, professional service and the fact that they all treat you like an old friend how has just come into town to visit. The rooms are extremely comfortable, warm and inviting especially after a long days work. The location is great offering breath taking views of downtown Nashville especially at night when the city comes alive. Simply PERFECT for hosting groups, conferences, workshops and liesure travel. The Millennium Maxwell House is my favorite place to stay when In Nashville!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business