“Nicest, friendliest, most accommodating staff!”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Went to Nashville for a bachelorette weekend. The accommodations were arranged by someone else, so I had no choice. The Renaissance was fabulous. Great location and within walking distance of all of the downtown attractions. Attractive lobby and common areas. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Starbucks on site. Atrium deli area, bar and a full service restaurant also available. There is a great pool area and fitness center. The best part was the fabulous staff. Everyone, front desk, doorman, shuttle bus driver, security, concierge, was so helpful and accommodating. They were always there to assist, add a helpful tip or story or to just say hi. If I return to Nashville, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Nashville Hotel

Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife had never been to nashville so during a road trip seeing family we made it a point to stay one night and go out on the town. The only night that fit our schedule was a tuesday night. Not sure of what to expect with the nightlife on a tuesday we made our way to Broadway and were very pleasantly surprised. The whole block was packed with people. We ate at Rippy's BBQ and the food was great. Then we began to bar hop up and down the street. We had a blast all night. Our hotel was walking distance from everything we wanted to do. As for the hotel room, you couldn't beat the view. The service and hospitality were amazing. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are great. the view is unbelievable.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2011

11 friends and I went to Nashville for the weekend for our friends 21st Birthday, and stayed at the Renaissance downtown. We had a great time and had no problems at the hotel. No problems with check-in or check-out and I am sure we were not the quietest group in the hotel!! The hotel is decorated very nice and everything is very up to date. The bar is very nice in the hotel and parking only cost us $4 for overnight parking..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here. He was at a conference and I was the tourist. The hotel's location is within walking distance to the Country Music Hall of Fame, Broadway (where all the music and dancing happens ALL DAY, lots of restaurants. There is a restaurant named Sunset Grill where the locals go that has a shuttle from the hotel (2.5 mi.) free (just tip) with friendly service that takes you and picks you up. The restaurant is fabulous, I suggest you read reviews. The hotel has a friendly and informative staff. My only objection was that the pool was not kept up for all the use it gets. The sides of the pool were filthy and the water was not clear. I swim daily and it made it difficult. Rooms were comfortable but, turn down service should add a chocolate on pillow for the usual Marriott special touch. Concierge level was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank a5035805
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Great stay in Nashville. You can walk to all major attractions and the view we had of the city from our room was breathtaking. My only negative comment would be that I have stayed in nicer renaissance hotels. The rooms felt outdated. Otherwise great hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed over July 4th weekend. I have stayed here previously. I will stay here again for the location. The problem was housekeeping. We left the room at 9:00 am and was gone all day returning about 4:00 pm. We had 6:00 pm reservations on the Andrew Jackson. The room had not been touched all day. Which meant I had to track down housekeeping for towels so we could shower before going out for the evening. Why would your room not be done by 4:00 in the afternoon? So for what I paid for the room I had to find my own towels and I made made my own bed!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed here Saturday night because of the proximity to the U2 concert at the Vanderbilt Stadium. We were happy our room was ready 2 hours before check in, and the staff was friendly. However, when I got to our room it reeked of cigarette smoke. I assumed I had been put in a smoking room since I didn't think to ask when I checked in. When I called the front desk, they told me that all their rooms were nonsmoking, and they were happy to give me another room. They apologized and sent a bellman right up with new keys. The next room didn't smell of smoke, but there were several large stains on the carpet. Another minor issue was that there weren't outlets on the lamps like most hotels have to make charging devices easier. We stayed at the Marriott at the airport the night before for half the price, and the rooms were much cleaner and more spacious.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple